mtbr member

Grouse Ridge Questions....squizzle?

I saw a pic from squizzle...taken at Grouse Ridge

We often ride Hole in The ground.....but have never done any of the rides down below at Grouse Ridge…Where can I get good info on routes and trailhead locations….every time I drive up to HITG I look over to the ridge above lake spaulding and think to myself…hmmmmm…bet there is ome good stuff out there…..help please
    What is a "healing vibe"???
    See our aid stations at the Tahoe Sierra 100 Red Star Ridge & Dusty Corners

www.goapc.org

Nim
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Used to ride . . .

Grouse ridge years ago. When we rode, we took the trail from the top all the way to glacier lake. We then dropped down along the creek heading our of glacier lake to the five fingers (lakes) or something like that. I remember a lot of trails but it's been too long for directions. We also had several out and back trails off the main one. I know there is or at least used to be a lot of stuff out there. I to would love to have a good trail map of the area. Maybe I'll make it back there some day. If you have the guts or lack the brains, take a plunge in Glacier Lake on one of those hot summer days!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboulder
    I saw a pic from squizzle...taken at Grouse Ridge

We often ride Hole in The ground.....but have never done any of the rides down below at Grouse Ridge…Where can I get good info on routes and trailhead locations….every time I drive up to HITG I look over to the ridge above lake spaulding and think to myself…hmmmmm…bet there is ome good stuff out there…..help please
    There is a decent map in PDF format on the TNF website. It doesn't really show climbs vs. descents very well but it does have most of the trails.

I'm guessing this area isn't rideable until July 1 this year.
    Romani ite domum

Vegan Athlete
    Check out our (Bicyclists of Nevada County) website, www.bonc.org , there is some info on Grouse if you go to the trail guide section. Last year there were still some large snow fields and lots of downed trees in mid July, just before the IMBA wild ride. Spauldling Lake trail is a great one too. Lower in elevation therefore the snow melts earlier. It also doesn't get nearly as much traffic as HITG. Oh, and Spaulding Lake trail hooks up with Grouse Ridge trails and the Pioneer Trail which goes down to Nevada City.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.