"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004

Got CRUSHED at Tamarancho Race

Was signed up for beginner. It was 111 deg out. So they cut the race distances in half. Since there were only a few guys in beginner I decided to race SPORT. BAD IDEA. I got CRUSHED. First lap I kept up ok for a while but then the field just disappeared into the distance !! Not sure what place I finished but it wasn't good ! I think I'll stick to beginner next time. My bike computer even blew up mid race - The screen just fizzled out !!!! Before it died my HR zone was in the mid 190's.....

Mid way into the 2nd lap I felt like I was going to barf AND crap at the same time... My stomach was in some serious heat stroke jumble !!

Also all the recent chat about sand baggers and racing sport etc... made me decide to make the switch ! THANKS A$$ Holes !!!!
    Last edited by jhruth; 07-31-2006 at 09:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Well, now you're stuck. If you go back to beginners, everyone knows that you raced sport and they'll call you a sandbagger. Good luck!
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

bikerbert
    The course was pretty cool, but the temperature SUCKED ASS. I had 100oz bladder on my back, and I went through 70 0z of it in the 40+ mins it took me to finish my Beginner Class lap. This includes finishing TWO gel flasks as well. I heard a rumor that next year it may be in October.

SportLegs and Endurolytes are awesome for cramp prevention. I bonked hard at Cougar Mtn, and these things brought me back to life so I could finish the Beginner XC race.

Al Painter

Team Bionic Pickle

Guilty...

John - how's it going?! This is Kelley, the dude you met out there at the race and your co-conspirator in deciding to switch from beginner to sport. I'm sorry to hear of all that suffering due to the switch. Although it was a hellish furnace of a race, the decision treated me a little better. The weather is so perfect now - if only the race had been a week later - oh well. I remember you telling me that you were going to Downieville, today I guess. Post back and tell us how it was...

A$$-Hole number one.

ballbuster

Sorry I missed it this year.

I had a total blast last year, and placed third in beginner (although they STILL have not corrected the results and prolly won't!! GRRRR!). The course was a fun. Lots of railing, some techy stuff... fun times.

I have since moved to Sport (but I've only done two races this year, so maybe nobody will notice ). This year I ran SOC in Sport and got crushed. I placed like 75th out of 115 riders, therebouts.

Quote Originally Posted by jhruth
    Was signed up for beginner. It was 111 deg out. So they cut the race distances in half.
    Then again, maybe I'm glad I missed it this year.

Typical Mountain Biker
    Was signed up for beginner. It was 111 deg out. So they cut the race distances in half. Since there were only a few guys in beginner I decided to race SPORT. BAD IDEA. I got CRUSHED. First lap I kept up ok for a while but then the field just disappeared into the distance !! Not sure what place I finished but it wasn't good ! I think I'll stick to beginner next time. My bike computer even blew up mid race - The screen just fizzled out !!!! Before it died my HR zone was in the mid 190's.....

Mid way into the 2nd lap I felt like I was going to barf AND crap at the same time... My stomace was in some serious heat stroke jumble !!

Also all the recent chat about sand baggers and racing sport etc... made me decide to make the switch ! THANKS A$$ Holes !!!!
    edit, delete, edit delete.
    Last edited by chucke; 07-31-2006 at 03:10 PM.
    Dude with a single track mind.

"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004

You Bastard !!!! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad
    John - how's it going?! This is Kelley, the dude you met out there at the race and your co-conspirator in deciding to switch from beginner to sport. I'm sorry to hear of all that suffering due to the switch. Although it was a hellish furnace of a race, the decision treated me a little better. The weather is so perfect now - if only the race had been a week later - oh well. I remember you telling me that you were going to Downieville, today I guess. Post back and tell us how it was...

A$$-Hole number one.
    Here's your answer...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...77#post2109977

Had a LOT more fun and finished middle of my SPORT group in DV.....

Glad you did well... And I guess I'm glad I did sport and 2 laps than one short lap... life is about challenges and I sure wanted to quit that day but didn't... so a small victory.... 112 deg was just too hot for me and I bonked.....

banned

What Is Best In Life?

Mid way into the 2nd lap I felt like I was going to barf AND crap at the same time... My stomace was in some serious heat stroke jumble !!

To crush your enemies.
    See them driven before you.
    Hear the lamentations of their women.