sftrydr

GGNRA Meeting 7-9pm, Jan 29, Montara

Riders,
    This is an opportunity to speak up on desired trails usage , or, time to speak up on pedaling on public lands:
    I'll be there, anyone else?

Invitation to an Information Sharing Workshop about Rancho Corral de Tierra
    Dear Friends,

The National Park Service invites you to participate in an information sharing workshop about Rancho Corral de Tierra. The session is intended to help the Park Service and the community understand the resources, history, and current uses of the 4,200 acre Rancho, in advance of assumption of management responsibility by the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The meeting will be held at the Farallone View School multi-purpose room in Montara on Thursday, January 29, 2009, from 7:00 to 9:00PM, and is open to anyone with an interest in the Rancho. The NPS hopes this will be the first of several productive workshops to be held in 2009.

Agenda
    Discuss the purpose of the workshops: what the NPS hopes to accomplish, what participants would like to accomplish
    Share background information: comments on the GGNRA general management plan preliminary alternatives and the evolving preferred alternative
    Additional questions and answers
    Discuss the next steps to take: future workshops

Other information about the National Park Service's general management plan for the GGNRA can be found online at http://parkplanning.nps.gov/projectH...rojectId=15075. You may find the GGNRA's summary of the comments received about the preliminary alternatives this summer at http://parkplanning.nps.gov/document...cumentID=25038.

If you have questions about the meeting call Lee Ann Ciancetti in the GGNRA at (415) 561-4930, or email her at Lee_Ann_Ciancetti@nps.gov.

We hope you can attend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I will do my best to work it in on my calendar... there is a lot of other meetings also scheduled for that week.

I will try and rally some more folks from my group SF URBAN RIDERS as we have many Pacificans in our group.

We need to diligently work with GGNRA to open up not only this land parcel, but sweeney ridge and other passages from the North.

I will check in with you as we get closer.

Are you affiliated with any Bike Advocacy group? or teh bike community in Pacifica at all?

sftrydr
    Here's my bio,
    Thanx for spreadin the word,
    Jim
    http://www.completesite.com/mbhof/pa...1&memberid=140

Are you affiliated with any Bike Advocacy group? or teh bike community in Pacifica at all?[/QUOTE]

I rot before I ripen
    I been looking for that link! :')

I'd like to go to the meeting, too. Maybe we can get a carpool to head over the hill.

damon

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Jim,

I'd like to join you at the meeting too.

Mitch
    SF DIRTLAB/SFUR

mtbr member
    Unless I am working nights that day, I can make it to the meeting.

Is there a good map of what is considered Rancho Corral de Tierra? I did a search but came up with very basic maps that I could get any detail from.

Dave (the guy that rides with the Australian Shepard)
    Take Gravity For A Ride

formerly Gobike69

I was going to attend...

but if Meeatch is going I dunno

See you there
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?

sunnyside up
    "...So forget all your duties, oh yeah! Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today..." Freddie Mercury

not a forum admin
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbyknees
    is there a layered interactive version of this somewhere?

sunnyside up

Here: put this file in google earth and enjoy.

http://www.ecocyclist.org/maps/coast...o_overlays.kmz

Patty
    "...So forget all your duties, oh yeah! Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today..." Freddie Mercury

mtbr member
    Anyone night riding from Pacifica to this meeting or is everyone leaving the bikes behind?
    Take Gravity For A Ride

mtbr member
    Just got back from Asia and have a lot to take care of at home, sorry to miss it. I will get a report from Adam, Damon and Kim and get involved then.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?" -Chris Knight, Real Genius

sftrydr

no pedalin fo me,

Meeting others at Linda Mar Park n ride at 6:30 ish.
    JS

sftrydr
    Short message to Thank Patty, Damon, Dave, Mitch, Ron, Kathy, Merle, and the many other mt bikers who showed at the info mtng tonight in Montara.
    Discussion was 100% in favor by all of multi use trails.
    The Equestrians were gracious in their comments regarding pedalers on the current status of these trails as functioning shared use corridors.
    Doggy owners were there in force, lobbying for off leash access as well as leashed areas to go.
    POST(Peninsula Open Space Trust) still holds ownership of the thousands of acres comprising these lands, but, it is slated to be turned over to GGNRA in the near future.
    GGNRA has received the message loud+clear that shared use is paramount to the users of these coastal trails....
    Please stay tuned for updates on future mtngs+ opportunities to comment on Rancho Corral de Tierra.
    JS

I rot before I ripen
    Thanks, Jim, for the recap.

I just wanted to add that riders were well represented by Passion Trail Bikes, ROMP, Pacifica Freeride, and SF Urban Riders, & SF DirtLab.

Thanks to all for showing up.

damon

mtbr member

Thanks for being there, KUDOS!

Quote Originally Posted by levee67
    Thanks, Jim, for the recap.

I just wanted to add that riders were well represented by Passion Trail Bikes, ROMP, Pacifica Freeride, and SF Urban Riders, & SF DirtLab.

Thanks to all for showing up.

damon
    I saw this meeting announced and posted up to East Bay and SFUR a couple weeks ago. I did not add it to my calendar so my bad there as I missed the meeting. Any chance of making up a regional googlegroup for these types of access issues, or does the collective community prefer the way the word is spread through MTBR and individual groups and councils (not that that is bad)? Since I am new to the area, I want to contribute where I can and assist in getting the trail user community together on the same page whenever we can.

I think is is great the equestrian community is coming around to shared use. I think they appreciate tricky trails much as cyclists and avid hikers do. Now as far as winter trail use, they might need a bit more education when to ride just like we do.

Thanks again to everyone who showed up and spoke.

Members who have read this thread: 0