Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    aka baycat

GG Bridge to Mt. Tam 4/29

Golden Gate Bridge to Mt. Tam Ride, Saturday, 9am. Meet at the north parking lot of the golden gate bridge. Mostly fireroad grunts and descents with great views!

Great ride! Weather is forecasted for upper 70s to low 80s. Anyone up for a ride?

Route is Cozelman - Bobcat - Marincello/Springs - Coastal - Highway 1 for 2 miles - Deer Park Fr - Gravity Car - West Pt. Inn - East Peak - Gravity Car - Coastal Singletrack - Green Gulch - Marincello - Back to the Headlands!

If toasted there is always the bike path back to the bridge, flat and paved

Ryan
    Last edited by Ryan G.; 04-25-2006 at 02:03 PM.

Well, I sure could use some LSD (emphasis on the "S").
    The question is... am I up for the grunt on the SS? Hmmm....
    9am may be the deal breaker.
    I'll think about it.

aka baycat
    9 am time aint firm....can fudge it either way.

Ryan

Medium?
    That's a fun ride. I have friends that used to live in a boat at St Francis Yacht Club and we'd do it right from the boat. If you're really toasted you can take the ferry back and drink beers on the boat.

jrm
    mtbr member

Larkspur brewery..

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    That's a fun ride. I have friends that used to live in a boat at St Francis Yacht Club and we'd do it right from the boat. If you're really toasted you can take the ferry back and drink beers on the boat.
    at the ferry landing is cool..

(slight return)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    Larkspur brewery..at the ferry landing is cool..
    Excellent spot for a post-ride beer! However, I would strongly advise against getting the 1/2 pound "black and blue burger" with a couple ipa's *before* riding. Did that a few weeks ago and came close to blowing chunks on a quick evening spin up to the cc nike site.

-slide

aka baycat
    Slide

Black and blue is one of my favorites too, and then I usually down a few of the San Quentin Breakout Stouts! Something about blue cheese on a blackened burger...yummy.

Side note: Have to keep an attentive eye on your bike when taking the ferry? Guessing put the bike inside or out

mtbr member
    I'm going to do the Double Demo loop that day, but I'm up for doing rides like that some other time. I did a mini version of that last Saturday as my intro to singlespeeding:

Hawk Hill summit

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Trak
    I'm going to do the Double Demo loop that day, but I'm up for doing rides like that some other time.
    Scratch that... looks like Highland Way may be closed (or may not be) on the way to demo. Either way, my plan is to stay local, so I can join this ride.

Now the question is whether or not I'll be on the ss or not...

Velocipus, you're coming right? SS or not? I'll ride one if you do

-Dave

Trip the Bike Fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by slide mon
    Excellent spot for a post-ride beer! However, I would strongly advise against getting the 1/2 pound "black and blue burger" with a couple ipa's *before* riding. Did that a few weeks ago and came close to blowing chunks on a quick evening spin up to the cc nike site.

-slide
    i got food poisoning eating a MBC hamburger. beware!

Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    Slide

Black and blue is one of my favorites too, and then I usually down a few of the San Quentin Breakout Stouts! Something about blue cheese on a blackened burger...yummy.

Side note: Have to keep an attentive eye on your bike when taking the ferry? Guessing put the bike inside or out
    I've taken the ferry with bike many times.. It's how I used to get to tamarancho when I lived in the city. Never even had a theft close-call. There's only one stop anyhow.
    Problem is the bike goes onthe back of the boat just above the engines and catches all of the salt-water spray. If you don't was it off immediately, your bike will dissolve into a mass of rust and corrosion. It's a great way to get all the way up to East Peak from SF. Stop by the ferry building in Larkspur to check departure times and head to MBC for post ride beverage and something to chew on (They don't just do burgers)...
    Then you can just relax on the boat ride home.
    Good Times

This is how it all starts...

Scratch that... looks like Highland Way may be closed (or may not be) on the way to demo. Either way, my plan is to stay local, so I can join this ride.

Now the question is whether or not I'll be on the ss or not...

Velocipus, you're coming right? SS or not? I'll ride one if you do

-Dave
    O.K... you've got a deal. 9am is going to be real tough for me on a Saturday morning, but I've got to train to be up at all hours anyway.

I will be on a SS... either 26" or 29"

Count me in!

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    I'm probably in. I'll be on my cross bike, though, unless I can get my mountain bike beaten back into working order.

Now where'd I put that really big hammer?

aka baycat
    does the meeting place work for everyone? park and ride lot on the north end of the bridge?

Dam single speeders, i will be sucking wind on the geared bike.

Ryan

(slight return)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycledelic
    i got food poisoning eating a MBC hamburger. beware!
    Yeah, but last time I was there we had 3 screaming 7 month olds banging knives on the mirror and grabbing stuff off of our neighbors table and no one batted an eye. That's worth risking food poisoning if you ask me ;-)

-slide

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slide mon
    Yeah, but last time I was there we had 3 screaming 7 month olds banging knives on the mirror and grabbing stuff off of our neighbors table and no one batted an eye. That's worth risking food poisoning if you ask me ;-)

-slide
    I have seen the same over at Iron Springs and I have found their food and beer to be quite a bit better.

Dave

(slight return)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibisGuy
    I have seen the same over at Iron Springs and I have found their food and beer to be quite a bit better.

Dave
    Yeah, that was me too ;-) Decor leaves a bit to be desired, but I still want to try that beer float.

-slide

aka baycat
    MBC > Iron Springs IMHO

mtbr member
    I might be up for this. Where is the north parking lot. Are you talking about the view point immediately to the right after you get across the bridge?

How's the climbing? I could take the SS if its reasonable.

aka baycat
    Parking Lot is on the opposite side of the vistapoint you are talking about. Take exit immediately after vista point exit that leads to downtown sausalito, first left thru the underpass and you wind around like you are going southbound on 101. Before you get right back on Highway right up Cozelman and your first left.

I am coming from SF so anyone can meet me near my house, and there is actually parking!

http://maps.google.com/?t=k&om=1&ll=...03796,0.007317

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    Hey, BC,

where in SF? I was planning on riding over there, but hey, if I can catch a ride...

aka baycat
    I am going to ride my bike to the meeting spot from my place in the Presidio. Check your PMs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    does the meeting place work for everyone? park and ride lot on the north end of the bridge?

Dam single speeders, i will be sucking wind on the geared bike.

Ryan
    I'll be riding from the City, so I can meet anywhere. But if you park on the south side of the bridge and ride across, it's free. Otherwise it's $5.

There's free parking in the dirt just west of the bridge on Merchant road, or near the softball fields at Lincoln and Storey.

EBrider: as for climbing, this ride is all about long sustained climbs followed by downhills... there's not much in the way of rolling hills. Good news is that it's fairly easy to bail via mostly flat ground back to the car (via the bike path from Mill Valley to Sausalito) if things aren't working out. I'll be honest, it's not going to be cake on a SS, but why not beat yourself up a bit? The grades are not too bad except for a few spots (Coastal up and over to Muir Beach will probably kick me off my bike... if I recall, it was a major granny gear effort to get up that before).

mtbr member
    why not beat yourself up a bit?
    Well I was thinking more sunshine, ocean, views and beer more than beating myself up.

Actually, I don't want to get dropped on a group ride and I am still getting used to it. I did get an 18 tooth cog for the back though, which should help. Let me know what you decide to do.

mtbr member
    I'm a maybe.

Depending on where I end up Friday night, i will either be here or with the Demo Double ride.

If I do this, I will be riding from sf too. how long should I give from GG Park to the bridge?

8trak/velocipous, I am with you guys on RagTag.. are you riding SS or gears for that? I was planning to do gears, but after riding gears last week at skeggs, I think I might be slower with them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast