The Boys Scouts of Marin has just posted a new part time position as a weekend Trail Monitor at Tamarancho. Details of the position are listed below, but everything is negotiable.
If you are interested in applying for this position, or want more information, contact Michael Dybeck (Scout Administrator) at
Tamarancho Bike Coordinator
This position is responsible for education of the bike riders and hikers who are on Tamarancho property, about the regulations regarding use of the trails at Tamarancho.
1. Check that riders and hikers have current trail passes.
2. Explain the annual pass and day pass programs.
3. Educate riders about responsible use of the trails
4. Deal with safety issues that might arise.
5. Pick up trash.
6. Light trail work (cutting branches, etc)
7. Report on trail conditions
8. Complete simple paperwork
8 hours per weekend. Typical schedule is 10am-2pm on Saturdays and Sundays
1. Comfortable interacting with the public
2. Knowledge of mountain biking
3. Able to "think on your feet"
4. Good verbal skills
5. Able to make a 4 month commitment to the position
Results 1 to 7 of 7