mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Get 17 miles of new trail in NorCal, meeting on 6/12 in Pleaston

Pulled from IMBA email...
    "The East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD) has prepared a Land Use Plan (LUP) for the Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park. If adopted, this LUP will provide significant singletrack opportunities for mountain bikers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    There are many great things about this plan. Significantly, it calls for construction of 17 miles of narrow trails, and narrowing of 7 miles of fire roads. This trail system was designed by Hillride, a firm which has created great mountain biking trails throughout the country.

Take Action! There are three action items to help move make this great project a reality:

* Attend the public meeting on Tuesday, June 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the Veteran's Memorial Building 301 Main St. in Pleasanton, CA Details in attached public notice. Please attend if possible. At this writing, it is unclear whether there will be significant opposition to the proposal, so it is important the mountain bikers show their support.

* Write a letter to the EBRPD supporting the plan. The EBRPD has prepared environmental documents, indicating that no significant environmental impacts are anticipated with this project. We are currently in a public comment period, which ends July 3 at 5:00 p.m. View and download the entire plan and related documents.

* If all goes well, it is hoped that the EBRPD Board will adopt this LUP at its meeting on July 17. Put this date on your calendar now.

This LUP represents a significant action on the part of the EBRPD, which, with few exceptions, has restricted bikes to fire roads. It is important that mountain bicyclists show their appreciation to the EBRPD for preparing this plan, and indicate that they will be eager to help build this trail system. EBRPD staff have assured us there will be plenty of volunteer trail building opportunities."

brownpow! (?)

Idea!

View and download the entire plan and related documents.

^link included
    My bike video YT channel: biiiiiiiiiiiikiiiiiiiinnnnnnng

mtbr member
    down.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Pleasanton Ridge Draft LUP presentation Tuesday June 12, 6:30pm

Already a thread. But good call on posting the email about it.

I have a prior commitment tomorrow night, but will be submitting comments and hope to make the meeting next month.

mtbr member
    Just sent an e-mail, lets bombard the EBRPD with support for this project. It may be the start of more access in other EBRPD's parks. This could be huge, but if we don't voice our opinions we will never know.
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

mtbr member
    Hillride designed the trails, so we know they will be great quality!

Can't make the mtg, but I'll send an e-mail too
    "It's not about the bike"

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Now to just get the plan by the board! life will be good , then maybe in 10 years (That would suck) we will have new trails to ride. I've got my fingers crossed
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat