mtbr member

Georgetown Trails Dig and Ride! 11/10/17

Name:  logo.png
Views: 660
Size:  20.0 KB

FATRAC is excited to announce a November 10th trail maintenance day in Georgetown. For those of you that don't know about this area, it's a great place for advanced riding and gaining popularity as an alternate place for Folsom and Auburn riders to enjoy some fast and exciting trails.

The trail work day will be held November 10th, participants will meet at the Dru Barner Campground off Wentworth Springs Rd at 9am. From there we will venture out to different spots that need some love and attention. Lunch will be provided by FATRAC and we aim to finish at 3pm.

Anyone that helps out with the trail work will be invited to camp with the group at Dru Barner Campground and ride the following day. If you are unable to ride November 11th, but worked on trails the day before, there will be an alternate trail riding day at a later date.

Other than lunches, all other meals and camping gear is to be supplied by volunteers. Please RSVP via out MeetUp page, or emailing tmcgrady@california-expeditions.com. Let us know if you plan on camping and/or riding on the 11th.
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Weekdays are always tough for trail days, but I hope a nice group of people show up. Is there a direct link?
    Last edited by prozach0215; 10-09-2017 at 06:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Veteran's Day falls on Saturday the 11th. Some people may be off on Friday because of that. I'm going to tentatively plan to be there. I have to put in for the day off. Shouldn't be an issue. I'll RSVP once I have the all clear from work...and the lady.
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by prozach0215 View Post
    Weekdays are always tough for trail days, but I hope a nice group of people show up. Is there a direct link?

You can rsvp here: https://www.meetup.com/FATRAC/events/244042314/

or

Email: tmcgrady@california-expeditions.com
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    Whats better than shuttles, you ask? How bout free shuttles?

California Expeditions is offering free shuttles on Saturday for those that dig Friday!

If you cant make it out to ride Saturday, Thomas will accept a rain check for your hard work and time.
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    bump
    Velofix.com for mobile bike repair in Sac

mtbr member
    I'm working on trying to free up my Friday so I can join in

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Where will you guys be working. I might not be able to get there by 9:00.

mtbr member
    I was just curious about this, and I have no idea what you have planned as far as maintenance goes, but does this work have any input from moto riders as well. I would hate to see challenging obstacles that us that also ride dirtbikes like riding being sanitized so MTB riders can more easily ride the terrain. This may not be the case at all, and I'm definitely not making any accusations, just a thought that popped into my head.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    I was just curious about this, and I have no idea what you have planned as far as maintenance goes, but does this work have any input from moto riders as well. I would hate to see challenging obstacles that us that also ride dirtbikes like riding being sanitized so MTB riders can more easily ride the terrain. This may not be the case at all, and I'm definitely not making any accusations, just a thought that popped into my head.
    Don't think so, most MTB riders that would ride a place like that probably want it harder than your average dirt biker.

mtbr member
    My plan is to be there but will rsvp once I confirm :-)

BYOT? Or maybe post which tools are needed, thanks.

mtbr member
    Don't think so, most MTB riders that would ride a place like that probably want it harder than your average dirt biker.
    That's good to know! I totally see where Chrisbtsc is coming from. We bitch about hikers sanitizing our trails but if we go to the moto spot and make it easier for us then that's pretty hypocritical.

As I see it, there was nothing that I've ridden there that needs to be sanitized. I have only scratched the surface, however the only things I would promote would be making alternate trails for climbing that don't involve going straight up a hill. LOL, for a moto guy that is fun. For me, it's a sufferfest. My assumption would be new trails would probably take an act of god and the trailwork we would be doing would probably be more about sustainability types of things.

I just made a lot of assumptions. Bottom line is that place is fun to ride and I'd love to help make that sustainable.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Dig days in a Friday make me glad! I'm going to do my best to make it. As others have said, I'll RSVP and confirm here once I know for sure. I'll be rallying up with the sidecar and would be happy to take a passenger, bikes, and gear.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    Go ride your bike.

Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    Nkt to worry with this group. They fully embrace the gnar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post
    My plan is to be there but will rsvp once I confirm :-)

BYOT? Or maybe post which tools are needed, thanks.

Youre welcome to bring your own if you'd like of course, but tools will be provided.

Hope you can make it!

Where will you guys be working. I might not be able to get there by 9:00.

There's a parking area on Rock Creek Rd, youll see the Ca Expeditions van parked there where you can walk/ride the trail back and run into the crew. Work is taking place at the bottom end where trail 8 and 1 come together, as well as further up 1 and 8. Let me know if that makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Nkt to worry with this group. They fully embrace the gnar.
    #trustory
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    My assumption...the trailwork we would be doing would probably be more about sustainability types of things.

... Bottom line is that place is fun to ride and I'd love to help make that sustainable.
    As I understand it, your assumptions would be correct. The USFS has a lot to maintain in a park like this, and we're trying to help. Im told most of the work will entail touching up some switchbacks and perhaps some brushing if enough people come out; so we hope to see you there.
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by FATRAC View Post
    As I understand it, your assumptions would be correct. The USFS has a lot to maintain in a park like this, and we're trying to help. Im told most of the work will entail touching up some switchbacks and perhaps some brushing if enough people come out; so we hope to see you there.
    Got it thanks

mtbr member
    Please RSVP ahead of time for anyone planning on going, either to tmcgrady@california-expeditions.com. or on the FATRAC Meetup page. Thanks!
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    Just shot off my RSVP email. I'm in! Had to wait for my vacation day to get approved for Friday. New boss, so I wasn't sure how that was going to go.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    See you all there

mtbr member
    Just a heads up: Theres a chance the OHV park will be closed to riding for the weekend if enough rain comes through tomorrow. The forest service is pretty tight and strict about keeping the place shut down to prevent wet trails from getting hammered.

California Expeditions has graciously offered a rain check though (no pun intended) for a shuttle day to any and all volunteers, fyi.
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FATRAC View Post
    Just a heads up: Theres a chance the OHV park will be closed to riding for the weekend if enough rain comes through tomorrow. The forest service is pretty tight and strict about keeping the place shut down to prevent wet trails from getting hammered.

California Expeditions has graciously offered a rain check though (no pun intended) for a shuttle day to any and all volunteers, fyi.
    Just to be clear, the trail work is still scheduled for 9am on Friday at Dru Barner Campground?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    Just to be clear, the trail work is still scheduled for 9am on Friday at Dru Barner Campground?
    Yes.
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Awesome time today! Lots of good work done. Really good turn out. Awesome to see the support.

mtbr member
    Awesome time today! Lots of good work done. Really good turn out. Awesome to see the support.
    Yep yep - cant wait to go back and ride now!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post
    Yep yep - cant wait to go back and ride now!

Agreed! Thanks everyone for coming out and supporting the cause!
    FATRAC.ORG

mtbr member
    Great time being out there! I really had a good time. Once I finish my edit of the day, I'll post it here.

Broken but on the mend
    Any pics of the trail work? I hear this place is rad and am looking forward to riding it once im all healed up.

mtbr member
    A huge thanks to everyone that came out! We had a great showing with over 20 volunteers on a Friday. Big thanks to Thomas with California Expeditions for making this workday happen. The local Forest Service was impressed and happy to see eager volunteers giving back. Be on the lookout for more days out there soon...

Georgetown Trails Dig and Ride! 11/10/17-gtown.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    Any pics of the trail work? I hear this place is rad and am looking forward to riding it once im all healed up.
    You can find a few more pics at the link below.

Heal up fast, and we'll see you out there soon

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...lHWTZjNFh3SThB
    FATRAC.ORG

mtb'er
    [QUOTE=FATRAC;13421729]A huge thanks to everyone that came out! We had a great showing with over 20 volunteers on a Friday. Big thanks to Thomas with California Expeditions for making this workday happen. The local Forest Service was impressed and happy to see eager volunteers giving back. Be on the lookout for more days out there soon...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gtown.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	1167945

I'm stoked that I only recognize 5 people in this photo! Great job and thanks to all who participated!

mtbr member
    I got the edit wrapped up and posted today. Hope you guys enjoy!