Results 1 to 70 of 70
  1. #1
    fc
    fc is online now
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,300

    Gas price gallery

    Let's take a photo of these ludicrous prices.

    The stations that invested in digital readout are sitting pretty as they monkey with the knobs and crank up the prices every hour.

    How much in your hood?

    fc

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: otis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,360
    I paid $4.21 two days ago in Mt View. I just started biking to work...well a couple times anyway.
    I like to ride bikes.

  3. #3
    grinder
    Reputation: nordy643's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    I saw like 4.20 in the 95066 area end of last week, and it was 4.60 when i paid Weds. I'll get a shot of them (probably whiskey too) after work today.

  4. #4
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,484
    Strava is to blame again! Cars with GPS can record King of Miles.

  5. #5
    Dropshot Champ!
    Reputation: redmr2_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,915
    sacramento news last night had something at 80 and west el camino that was 5.09.

    damn.

  6. #6
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by nordy643 View Post
    I saw like 4.20 in the 95066 area end of last week, and it was 4.60 when i paid Weds. I'll get a shot of them (probably whiskey too) after work today.
    this morning 92 octane was around $4.69

    I am now happy I just bought a hybrid*







    * yah, i 'm now one of those smug bastids rollin' in their half-electrics
    Click Here for Forum Rules

  7. #7
    M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Reputation: Acadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599
    at 8am I gassed up at my local station and it was $4.55 a gal
    wife went at the same station at 9:00 and it was $4.69.

  8. #8
    Old,slow,still havin fun.
    Reputation: fgiraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    963
    If you have an iOS or Android phone, I really recommend the GasBuddy app. Finds the cheapest price closest to you. I'm not associated with them, just a happy user.

    Paid 4.19 for #2 Diesel yesterday at 2pm in Dixon.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    this morning 92 octane was around $4.69

    I am now happy I just bought a hybrid*







    * yah, i 'm now one of those smug bastids rollin' in their half-electrics
    It's you hybrid people that are making the government consider raising taxes on fuel.
    As cars get better and better fuel economy, road tax revenues are decreasing. Fewer gallons of fuel sold = lower road taxes collected. Subsequently our elected pinheads under the dome in Sacramento are contemplating raising the taxes on fuel.

    So whenever that happens, we can all thank Chum and his fellow hybrid drivers for screwing us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  10. #10
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,826
    I was just going to take a pic this morning. $4.879/gallon. Bastards!

  11. #11
    Puro Vida!
    Reputation: Nelson34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,303
    Read in the merc-one shop owner closed shop case he even thought the price per gallon was too much! Was only selling diesel. It was in the 5$s before he **** down.

  12. #12
    grinder
    Reputation: nordy643's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    It's you hybrid people that are making the government consider raising taxes on fuel.
    It's also the government mandating better fuel economy on all cars, so Chum is off the hook for the blame

  13. #13
    fc
    fc is online now
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,300
    There's a Shell gas station at Sand Hill Road in Menlo Park. It's probably $6/gallon at the moment

    fc

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by nordy643 View Post
    It's also the government mandating better fuel economy on all cars, so Chum is off the hook for the blame
    Hell no, Chum ain't off the hook. Just because the government mandates the cars doesn't mean people have to buy them. It's still Chum's fault. He should have bought a truck.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  15. #15
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    this morning 92 octane was around $4.69

    I am now happy I just bought a hybrid*







    * yah, i 'm now one of those smug bastids rollin' in their half-electrics
    If we catch you hypermiling, we'll punt you into the bushes, and, take away 12 chicklets.

  16. #16
    dude with orange car
    Reputation: Plim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Hell no, Chum ain't off the hook. blablabla It's still Chum's fault. blablabla.
    That's correct. Even when Chum is completely innocent, it's all his fault and he should be punished severely.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

  17. #17
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim View Post
    That's correct. Even when Chum is completely innocent, it's all his fault and he should be punished severely.
    i am punished enough.

    i kicked my A4 Quattro to the curb for a Kia Hybrid....a kia....

    oh my...what have i done


    Click Here for Forum Rules

  18. #18
    ask
    ask is offline
    user
    Reputation: ask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    I think I paid ~$3.99 a few days ago at Costco and ~$4.33 this morning at Costco. Quite a jump in just a few days... lame

  19. #19
    fc
    fc is online now
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,300
    $5.80 in Beverly HIlls.
    $5.60 in Cupertino.

    fc

  20. #20
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,723

    Read it and weep

    Edit: Just talked to my wife. Regular at this station is now $4.49, up 8.6% in 4 hours.

    Morgan Hill Safeway, non-member price as of 9:30am today.

    C'mon down for Tarantula Fest or the Hard COrE 100 and get some "cheap" gas on the way home.

    Gas price gallery-10-05-12_pumpprices.jpg
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 10-05-2012 at 02:03 PM.

  21. #21
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    i am punished enough.

    i kicked my A4 Quattro to the curb for a Kia Hybrid....a kia....

    oh my...what have i done


    You should add, "and now drives a Kia" to your sig. Just a thought...

  22. #22
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,364
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  23. #23
    Uncle
    Reputation: Entrenador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,000
    Did my 2nd Fall season fill up last week at $4.09 / gal. Hope its down again when I have to fill up again for Winter.
    Every rose has it's thorn.

    enjoy the ear worm

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    Heading to Death Valley on Sunday. Last I heard (earlier this week) prices were around $5.19 at Furnace Creek. I suspect they are around $5.60ish now. Woohoo.

  25. #25
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    Heading to Death Valley on Sunday. Last I heard (earlier this week) prices were around $5.19 at Furnace Creek. I suspect they are around $5.60ish now. Woohoo.
    There's an Indian reservation on 395 just north of Bishop/Lone Pine. It by far has the cheapest gas on 395. Gas up there before you make the left into DV from 395.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362

    Is that even legal?

    Those refineries went down months ago and now we are feeling the effects? Crude is at a 12 month low but gas a 12 month high? What gives? Gas in reno went up .30 in one day, probably to catch up to norcal. Yet gas in Vegas is 3.60 a gallon. Doesnt make sense.

  27. #27
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,612
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Those refineries went down months ago and now we are feeling the effects?.
    Prolly cuz they store it in big tanks, and when those tanks run down....
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  28. #28
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,612
    Hell yeah it's legal, those poor oil companies need tax breaks! They haven't made enough money.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362
    I dont buy it. Price of crude goes up and prices go up immediately, price goes down and it takes weeks for prices to reflect it. The price would have went up when the refineries had their problems. The media is running rampant with it now which gives every small station owner the abilitl to raise the price to whatever they want. Its BS. Gas prices should be regulated.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: oakhills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    904
    In Venezuela gas is 19 cents per gallon.... Are there good trails down there???

  31. #31
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,061
    You can blame the agency that mandates a special blend of gasoline (that burns cleaner) for CA (I don't know if it's the feds or Sacto). Result: when our refineries go down, we can't import gas from other states, because our gas is f..king special, and we pay through the nose. I think I'm gonna draft off of a big rig on the way home.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aliikane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Hell yeah it's legal, those poor oil companies need tax breaks! They haven't made enough money.
    My conspiracy theory is that it is big oil companies are trying to skew the voters before election time. Since Obama doesn't want to extend tax breaks to the big oil companies. The oil companies are raising prices to get voters to vote in Romney's favor. It is just one of my crazy brainstorms. Lol.

    I am an undecided voter on the fence. Haha.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GuruAtma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,715
    I've ridden my bike to work (and taken the kids to school) every day since middle of August. I haven't been to a gas station in a month.

    But high gas prices will eventually mean high food and everything else prices too
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

  34. #34
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,612
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post
    My conspiracy theory is that it is big oil companies are trying to skew the voters before election time. Since Obama doesn't want to extend tax breaks to the big oil companies. The oil companies are raising prices to get voters to vote in Romney's favor. It is just one of my crazy brainstorms. Lol.

    I am an undecided voter on the fence. Haha.
    Reminds me of Enron.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  35. #35
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,702
    Frickin' cars both requires 91 octane gas.

    My wife's car's been running like crap for the last few times I drove it. I finally got out of her that she's been putting mid grade in there since I told her she could try it in winter. It was pinging so bad I thought it had a coolant leak.

    Anyway... I actually dropped $70 for a tank of gas today, and that was after a discount for a car wash. IIRC, it was like $4.95/gal. Yeah, not the cheapest gas around, but the car was dirty.

  36. #36
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,702

    Refining capacity

    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Those refineries went down months ago and now we are feeling the effects? Crude is at a 12 month low but gas a 12 month high? What gives? Gas in reno went up .30 in one day, probably to catch up to norcal. Yet gas in Vegas is 3.60 a gallon. Doesnt make sense.

    The largest refinery in NorCal (may even be bigger than the ones in SoCal) kinda blew up a couple of months ago, so that knocks that offline.

    You all realized that the commodity brokers add like 30% to the prices at the pump right? They buy up barrels of gasoline with no intention of actually taking delivery... just so they can skim a profit.

  37. #37
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    -_-
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,613
    Sorry F.C but no pic from Santa Clara, I'll get a shot of the receipt Monday. (I was so irritated I asked one of our drivers to do my fillup for me.)

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,666
    I have an older (99) diesel truck. I get used engine oil from my work and cut my diesel fuel 50/50 with the oil. Cuts my fuel costs drastically!!
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  39. #39
    my legs are sore
    Reputation: Rick O'Shay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    You have made me a very angry man. This visual really puts it in perspective. What is wrong with this state??
    Every time you clog a toilet you have exceeded someone's expectations.

  40. #40
    fc
    fc is online now
    stoked Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    27,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    You have made me a very angry man. This visual really puts it in perspective. What is wrong with this state??
    We require clean-air fuel but the supply is completely monopolized.

    fc

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    What is wrong with this state??
    Its run by a bunch of F'ing morons that we keep re-electing.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DerrickT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    365
    These are the times that I am glad to be an avid biker.

  43. #43
    ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Reputation: fred-da-trog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    You can blame the agency that mandates a special blend of gasoline (that burns cleaner) for CA (I don't know if it's the feds or Sacto). Result: when our refineries go down, we can't import gas from other states, because our gas is f..king special, and we pay through the nose. I think I'm gonna draft off of a big rig on the way home.
    zorg nailed it. I have close friends in the oil business. Don't blame the little guy. Stations only make a few pennies per gallon. Imagine the cost of tanks, pumps, etc.

    I commute 75 miles daily. My car has gauge the reads out instant and average mpg. Advertised hwy mileage was 34mpg, actual at 65mph 42mpg, drafting a big rig at 60mph 57mpg. The commute is only a few minutes longer.

    What ticks me off is it's a 2hr uphill commute, with no big rigs, to the trailhead. I'm happy the fall/winter/spring trailhead is only 45 minutes away.
    .

    I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

  44. #44
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    -_-
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,613
    Here's a perspective for ya, I had the chance a few weeks back to consider whether or not to use the ACE Train to get to and from work. I realized based on the time constraints and their inability to make it on time a lot lately i would be better off having to suck it up and drive in. Especially when my cost would be around $10-$12/day and their rates are to go up within a few months. My lifted truck actually gets 17/19 so at first I was like, "F that, I'll drive and be on time and keep my job and it's only a $5 difference at the end of the week.".

    Now I might have to reconsider. Tax and screw the working class, same deal it's always been lately and politics are only a fraction of it.

    It's gonna take a lot of people finally saying "F You" and all calling in sick one day or two days in a row and not buying gas for a week to make an impact. Until our working class can stand up to those in power we have no effect to employ. We are powerless here and they know it.

    Just Saying.

  45. #45
    loopy counter
    Reputation: knobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709
    Pic from November 2006, Mohave California. I took the photo because I thought it was outrageously priced at the time. Now it seems awesome.

  46. #46
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,612
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Frickin' cars both requires 91 octane gas.

    My wife's car's been running like crap for the last few times I drove it. I finally got out of her that she's been putting mid grade in there since I told her she could try it in winter. It was pinging so bad I thought it had a coolant leak.

    Anyway... I actually dropped $70 for a tank of gas today, and that was after a discount for a car wash. IIRC, it was like $4.95/gal. Yeah, not the cheapest gas around, but the car was dirty.
    When gas gets more expensive, I care less about the fact that my cars use 91 octane. In pretty much all the places I've lived, 89 is 10c more than 87, and 91 is an additional 10c. This may seem like a big deal when gas is a dollar a gallon, but the weird thing is that this difference doesn't rise percentage wise as the price of gas increases, so I still see the same 10c difference between octanes when it's 4 bucks or whatever per gallon. I'm living in Alaska, so all gas is pretty expensive up there, basically about the same price as CA most of the time, but this holds true for any place that I've lived. It's not like regular goes for 4 bucks and high octane is 5, it's usually still that small difference, and as the price goes up, the percentage increase actually goes down. I don't really care about paying 20c more when it's 4.5 bucks a gallon.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  47. #47
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    Here's a perspective for ya, I had the chance a few weeks back to consider whether or not to use the ACE Train to get to and from work. I realized based on the time constraints and their inability to make it on time a lot lately i would be better off having to suck it up and drive in. Especially when my cost would be around $10-$12/day and their rates are to go up within a few months. My lifted truck actually gets 17/19 so at first I was like, "F that, I'll drive and be on time and keep my job and it's only a $5 difference at the end of the week.".
    Maybe, but your truck needs fuel filters, air filters, oil changes, etc. It's hard to "see" those savings sometimes, especially if you then use your car more for personal driving other than to and from work, but you'd still get a lot more out of it.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    302
    Strangely enough, with gas through the roof, the roads are still clogged for the past month or so. I used to get out some time past 9 to cruise to work, because commute would be gone. Now I get out at 10 - and 85 is as jammed as it is at 7 am.

    And my evening commute is now turning into a nightmare.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    261
    I think I'm gonna build a Big Dummy so I can fetch groceries at Costco that's a mile down the road from work. N+1! I say fuk the oil companies, fuk the state tax on fuel. Ride, get healthy, stay happy.

  50. #50
    grinder
    Reputation: nordy643's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    171
    Costco Santa Cruz was 30 cents cheaper for regular than the Shell/76 in Scotts Valley (4.37 vs 4.67). Crucial. Aaaaaaaaaand it was over 5 for regular in Menlo today.....

    If commute wasn't 70 miles r/t I would definitely want to ride my bike.

  51. #51
    ballbuster
    Reputation: pimpbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,702

    Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by paulney View Post
    Strangely enough, with gas through the roof, the roads are still clogged for the past month or so. I used to get out some time past 9 to cruise to work, because commute would be gone. Now I get out at 10 - and 85 is as jammed as it is at 7 am.

    And my evening commute is now turning into a nightmare.
    ... the economy is up (or, at least more up than it's been in the last few years). More people commuting.

    I noticed when the economy first tanked hard and layoffs were abundant, my commute through the Calde-clott tunnel was pretty easy with little stop-and-go running up to it. Since things started picking up, the backup is even worse than before the economy tanked. I have a consistent 5 minutes more these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by ALBM View Post
    I think I'm gonna build a Big Dummy so I can fetch groceries at Costco that's a mile down the road from work. N+1! I say fuk the oil companies, fuk the state tax on fuel. Ride, get healthy, stay happy.
    I'm thinking the same thing. A bike commute still is not very reasonable for me, but local errands are. Let's face it, from a purely economic standpoint, a cargo bike won't save me much money in gas ($1200 for a new low rent cargo bike buys a lot of gas), but it's more fun and healthier.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tahoeyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Those refineries went down months ago and now we are feeling the effects? Crude is at a 12 month low but gas a 12 month high? What gives? Gas in reno went up .30 in one day, probably to catch up to norcal. Yet gas in Vegas is 3.60 a gallon. Doesnt make sense.
    Supply and demand.

    Supply is very low right due to disruption (fire in Richmond, power outage in a so cal refinery, etc), and California requires special blends of gas that aren't produced elsewhere, so any disruption has a big impact.

    If we could burn "normal" gas we wouldn't be having these issues, because we could just buy some gas from a neighboring state.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Snowboarder54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    19
    This is the price one has to pay to live in God's country!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gas price gallery-gualala-gas-9-7-12-001.jpg  


  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362

    Well that is all fine and dandy

    Quote Originally Posted by tahoeyeti View Post
    Supply and demand.

    Supply is very low right due to disruption (fire in Richmond, power outage in a so cal refinery, etc), and California requires special blends of gas that aren't produced elsewhere, so any disruption has a big impact.

    If we could burn "normal" gas we wouldn't be having these issues, because we could just buy some gas from a neighboring state.
    But I live in reno and our prices mirror Norcal even though we dont need the special blends of gas. You can drive 30 miles south and save .50 a gallon and these places get their gas from the same suppliers as Reno. I think the Reno market sees the prices going up in Norcal and just goes with it.

  55. #55
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    -_-
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    this morning 92 octane was around $4.69

    I am now happy I just bought a hybrid*

    * yah, i 'm now one of those smug bastids rollin' in their half-electrics

    Lucky you still own your Dad Card and WiseInvestment Card?

  56. #56
    fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Reputation: CHUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    Lucky you still own your Dad Card and WiseInvestment Card?
    ahem..

    I still own this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gas price gallery-70rt4speed.jpg  

    Click Here for Forum Rules

  57. #57
    Let's Ride!
    Reputation: digthemlows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    ahem..

    I still own this.
    I bet that gets somewhere around what 6 miles to the gallon? ........... awesome!! My car in high school was a 1963 Mercury Comet S22 with a 302 engine from an El Camino in it...........Gas was .80 a gallon so it didn't hurt..........

    Oh, and I've bike commuted to work for 12 years now............but the best Trails to ride Mtn bikes are 30 miles away, so it's getting more expensive to ride for pleasure for sure........
    Master of Nothing, but dammit if I don't try..............

  58. #58
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    -_-
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    ahem..

    I still own this.

    Ownin ain't drivin.

    Seriously though, the Kia's are pretty cool. We almost got one but still weren't as comfortable with it as we were with the new Forester. Go Figure, it was "..because of how it looks..." and that was from the Mrs's.

    I'm still "looking" not deciding yet, and oh yeah, thanks, makes me miss* Clark all the more. 1995, big block, posi, pursuit packaged from the factory. (That accident that totalled it.) Got 18/20 unless I actually "Used" it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gas price gallery-img_0013.jpg  


  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tahoeyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    But I live in reno and our prices mirror Norcal even though we dont need the special blends of gas. You can drive 30 miles south and save .50 a gallon and these places get their gas from the same suppliers as Reno. I think the Reno market sees the prices going up in Norcal and just goes with it.
    It's possible that demand in Reno has spiked there locally as a result of the price rises in CA. I'm sure that everyone going up 80 who watches their pocketbook fills up as a result.

    The good news is that it should be going back down, possibly faster than it went up, in the next week or so.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheMachinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoeyeti View Post
    The good news is that it should be going back down, possibly faster than it went up, in the next week or so.
    Never happens that way. It would have to drop 30+ cents in one day.

  61. #61
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    But I live in reno and our prices mirror Norcal even though we dont need the special blends of gas. You can drive 30 miles south and save .50 a gallon and these places get their gas from the same suppliers as Reno. I think the Reno market sees the prices going up in Norcal and just goes with it.
    Looks like you're 50c cheaper than here in the bay area.

    Reno Gas Prices - Find Cheap Premium Gas Prices in Reno, Nevada

  62. #62
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    -_-
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho View Post
    Looks like you're 50c cheaper than here in the bay area.

    Reno Gas Prices - Find Cheap Premium Gas Prices in Reno, Nevada
    Screw it, I'm moving to Reno, they got local shuttle service and closer riding anyhow. Forget the Bay Area.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28
    I feel bad about posting this, but ...

    We just moved back to Austin after 10 years in San Jose. Gas here is $3.49.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheMachinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by bareiss View Post
    I feel bad about posting this, but ...

    We just moved back to Austin after 10 years in San Jose. Gas here is $3.49.
    Don't feel bad. We get to live in California.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    Y'all are whinin'. Here was Furnace Creek this week. Oh, hanging out in the back country and hot springs and only seeing a couple of people a day was pretty nice.


  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tahoeyeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    257
    Wow, that's unbelievable.

  67. #67
    Obi
    Obi is offline
    -_-
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoeyeti View Post
    Wow, that's unbelievable.
    Actually the opposite, Furnace Creek is on the Middle-East side of Death Valley. High end clientele and the prices there have always reflected that. As said above, it comes down to supply and demand.

    $4.59/gal for 87 here in the 510. Went down about 10 cents this past week, needs to go down another $1 still IMHO.

  68. #68
    That makes me smart
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    13,690
    Was gonna post a pic, but I'm too lazy. You know that POS gas station east of Sea Otter on 68? Saw gas for $4.99 there last week. Bastiges.

    Let that be a warning if you're attending Sea Otter, fill up somewhere else.

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: broomhandle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    789
    Quote Originally Posted by bareiss View Post
    I feel bad about posting this, but ...

    We just moved back to Austin after 10 years in San Jose. Gas here is $3.49.
    but whats the grade of fuel?

    in CA we have 87 89 and 91 (89 is 60/40 87 and 91)

    is 3.49 85 grade?

    gas has gone down a bit where im at. but still sucks.....

    maybe all of us should just ride bikes... this is a bike forum anyways!

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: flipnidaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,861
    I started this morning and paid $3.69 for Premium in Boise.
    Around noon, paid about $3.98 in Winnemucca
    Early evening in San Ramon, I paid about $4.69

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •