mtbr member
    May 2013

Gary Fisher Bike Ride!!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hello and let you all know about a fantastic ride the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is putting on June 9th. The ride and lunch go from 9am-2pm.

Pedal with mountain bike legend Gary Fisher on this exclusive ride and dine event. Gary Fisher will lead a small group ride across the Golden Gate Bridge to mountain bike trails in the Marin Headlands. Then you'll return to the city for a gourmet meal at Greens Restaurant. Come rub elbows and hear stories from this local mountain bike pioneer while supporting the work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition.

This ride is suitable for people newer to mountain biking as well as adventuresome for advanced riders. This will be a 22 mile round-trip, no-drop ride and is supported with pro mechanics from City Cycle. While it's not a technical ride, the Marin Headlands are ripe with hills so endurance is needed.

RSVP and ticket purchase required, please visit Gary & Greens - SF Bicycle CoalitionGary Fisher Bike Ride!!-gary.jpg

Space is limited to 30 riders. Please email bonnie@sfbike.org with questions

mtbr member
    Clicked on the link thinking the 30 rider limit would push the cost over $200. Surprised to see such an affordable price for fund raising ride and eats post ride. Can't make it, but thanks Gary for making my sweet carbon Hi-Fi trail bike.

<-----
    <-----
    <-----
    "Time won't leave me as I am "

(Ali)
    Sep 2006
    This event has been great!

- We were less than 20 riders (not the originally planned 30)

- Gary and I are buddies now! He and I almost crashed on a downhill section. It is a bummer that we managed to avoide it though.

- We met great people from SF Bike Coalition and City Cycle. Their good karma resulted in zero mechanicals on the ride!

- There were crazy winds on the Golden Gate Bridge and when climbing up to Marin Headlands

- Otherwise, the ride was great and the climbs were quite manageable

- The fog did not let the sun shine through though.

- Finally, the food and service at Greens was simply amazing. I have been to Greens before but this lunch has been my best experience. It was buffet-style: great drinks, 6 dishes and 2 deserts.

We also heard about the great things that SF Bike Coalition has been achieving over the years. They said that one of the best ways to help was to become a member:

Home - SF Bicycle Coalition

What a day!

Ali

mtbr member
    I completely agree. The setting of the ride was somewhat screwed up by the fog and the wind, but the social fun of it was awesome! If there's ever a repeat of this event, I'll be the first to sign up again.

For anyone who might be curious, I have a handful of photos from the ride available here:

Gary & Greens
    Looking for local rides? You'll find plenty on my website: Bay Area Mountain Bike Rides.