mtbr member
    May 2007

Ft Ord Creekside

Howdy,
    Would anybody have an update on conditions starting at the Creekside TH. Thinking of doing the loop to Outhouse on Sunday

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sandy and rutty, but totally rideable from Creekside. Watch out for absent minded hikers, it's a beautiful morning here, and will be a fantastic weekend to ride! FYI Trail 43 is being reworked.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thank you jeepergirl17. Will go for it on Sunday. Is 43 open though?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I rode there Wednesday (i.e., just before the most recent storm). It was in good shape, for the most part. It (along with Oat Hill Mine Trail up north) will likely be the only good area to ride around here this weekend...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Rode it yesterday. Most trails are in decent shape, 41 and 44 are the wettest as was to be expected. 42 is in great shape. All in all a great day to be out.

Just here for the scenery
    Axle deep puddles on 55 above lower Pilarcitos Cyn, must be cap rock or clay that keeps that area from draining. Avoid.

And please, man up and ride through, not around, when you do encounter puddles. I heard reports of lots of NEW tire ruts in fragile dirt on the north side of Ord this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Rode the out house loop today--Generally in decent shape but yes folks are going around the puddles and making the single track not really single in those areas-----need to stop this

mtbr member
    May 2007
    How is it now? Should be dry, no?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Rode the outhouse loop again last thursday----it actually was more muddy than the week before as the terrain drains---a couple of the narrow areas are getting pretty torn up and you may not be able to ride up them due to the nasty loose ruts until some work is done----but overall it remains generally in good shape--should be really good this weekend.