Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009

Folsom /Auburn riding on Black Friday ?

I'll be down from Oregon visiting family in Folsom. Was wondering if there were any group rides or anybody wanting a riding partner on friday. Anything from XC to DH. I am a capable rider and can handle just about anything. I am bringing my Blur TRc. Thanks !!!

mtbr member
    FYI - It has been raining here for the past few days so some trails may be a bit too wet to mangle with mountain bike tires. Always try to be in front on post Thanksgiving rides to avoid turkey farts

mtbr member
    I think that with clear weather this afternoon, and clear on Thursday, Friday should be ok for some trails. Granite Bay in particular, with its DG trails, drains out quickly and should be suitable for riding by Friday.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Sweater
    Being in Folsom, there's also the Salmon Falls area which does decent when it's a little wet out.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***
    I think I strained a pucker muscle

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    We didn't have all that much rain in Auburn today, and we had a fair amount of sun this afternoon. I cant imagine that the trails are all that out of shape.

I'm actually contemplating a FHDL ride first thing on thanksgiving; kind of a preemptive, shock and awe, caloric, ground offensive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphic View Post
    I'm actually contemplating a FHDL ride first thing on thanksgiving; kind of a preemptive, shock and awe, caloric, ground offensive.

I used to do that every year. It's great. Little or no traffic. Trail conditions are normally perfect.
    Stuck at home this year watching the dingo biscuits while my wife does the Run To Feed The Hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    Thanks guys. I figured the trails would be good. I'll be short on time so I think I will hit the lake trails friday afternoon. My sister lives a stones throw away. Although Salmon Falls might be in order.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Riding GB tomorrow.

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Same here GB in the morn

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    FHDL was rideable this AM, but just a tad muddy in spots. Lots of sun and warm today so it should be purrrrrrfect tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ton of people in the park today. Think I'm going back tomorrow, GB after rain is always fun.

mtbr dismember

Great trails Thanksgving day

Rode Thanksgiving day and the trails were great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I just kills me when you do a week and a halts worth of my mileage in a short day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sofarider1 View Post
    I'll be down from Oregon visiting family in Folsom. Was wondering if there were any group rides or anybody wanting a riding partner on friday. Anything from XC to DH. I am a capable rider and can handle just about anything. I am bringing my Blur TRc. Thanks !!!
    Are still around? My wife and I are riding Salmon Falls in the morning if you want a ride. It will be somewhat early as we have to be done by noon.
    PM if available and interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I will be mixing a cocktail of Salmon Falls, Sweetwater, SFART and maybe a little flagstaff for taste in the morning. If you see a guy on a Jamis full squish say hello. My buddy was out on SFART today and he said it was great!