mtbr member
    Jan 2004

First Altitude Rides of the Season.....

I was up in Reno this weekend at our new vacation house and finally got a couple of rides in...no epics or anything, but this was the first time I was at altitude this season. It was hot both days, at least for Tahoe. Saturday I did a short out and back on the TRT from Mt Rose Meadows with a Reno buddy of mine KC. He is a killer rider and I could not keep up, but he was very patient. He will be showing me around a lot of the Reno side rides I hope. This was also the first time I went up the TRT back towards the meadows, and although the elevation gain isn't that much, it is pretty difficult (at least for me) to go in the 'wrong' direction with all those rock stairs. But we had fun, and the weather was really not that bad when we were out there.

This morning I went to Truckee to do a short but fine ride with J-C (aka Zorg). We did the animal trail and then did a few miles of Emigrant afterwards. The animal trail is fun but a pretty tough 6 mile loop. Parts of the rocky climb really hammered me! I need to do more high altitude riding, that is for sure. There was a group of motorcylists on the trail as well and they passed us several times. A bit of a pain really but that's life. Really fun descent, but a couple of spots are pretty sketchy, at least for me. Emigrant was fun. Sure it is easy, but imo there is nothing wrong with cruising through amazing scenery on your bike.

Anyway, a fun weekend and the beginning of a lot of riding for me up there. I left my stumpy in the garage. My fantastic wife insisted I get another bike so we don't have to schlep one back and forth each time, so the stumpy (now with a couple of newly minted Tahoe granite scratches) stays in Reno.

Here are some pics from the rides. We didn't spend a lot of time on photos so they are not my best.

TRT:

neat clouds over the lake...

KC smiling for the camera..

cool trees...

KC....

Mt Rose Meadows at dusk...

Truckee pics..

we had to share the trail with a group of these..

J-C..

he hates butt shots so I have to include one...

view towards the reservoir from animal...pretty low for June...

Paper or plastic?

Re: First Altitude Rides of the Season.....

Sorry no ass shot of Cohen5.
    Animal looks like it would be more fun on a dirt bike this time of year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First Altitude Rides of the Season.....-uploadfromtaptalk1370873335075.jpg  

First Altitude Rides of the Season.....-uploadfromtaptalk1370873358907.jpg  

Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

GMM
    mtbr member
    Great pictures guys. Those trails are calling my name.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There are some spots on animal that are not in very good shape imo...the moto bikes really chew parts of the trail up.