Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The Pinecrest area has some trails that may be right around snow line now - call and ask the USFS about conditions around there. It's really close with only a fraction of the hordes that cram in to the Tahoe area.

mtbr member
    If the skiing had not been so outstanding 1 1/2 weeks ago they had a demo day near reno I would have liked to have gone to. Found this video from that day with a moon lander.

Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    TahoeBC, who had Fat bike Demo day near Reno (bike store)? I live in Reno and keep thinking about getting a Fat bike, but want to demo first.
    Tahoe29er

mtbr member
    Got wind of it on Tamba's Facebook page, Black rocks cycles put it on.

http://www.facebook.com/TAMBA.TahoeA...ikeAssociation
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 01-27-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member

Fatbiking in and between SF and Tahoe

Sean,
    Crap! Somehow missed this post of yours! We will need to ride some time!

Thanks for the beta. I haven't yet tried the ride since the warm weather took over a couple of weeks ago. Looking for a good cold spell to freeze it up. And more fitness...

Looks like there's quite a climb out of the north fork, and it that's not packed it would be pretty brutal like you say.

I went out this morning at the end of the road (Foresthill). It wasn't groomed but it was pretty sweet to get 4" of freshies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Allan View Post
    Here's some rides out that direction from my house, I also live in Foresthill.I t will at least give you an idea of the terrain. These are backwards from the direction you will be traveling, there's better ways to get back home coming from Tahoe I believe one of these goes up Rd 51, not the way you want to go.

My understanding is that they don't groom past Soda Springs/Foresthill Rd intersection which means you will be relying on snowmobile tracks from Serene Lakes to that point. There is generally a pretty good track from Serene Lakes out past the crossing of the North Fork, from there it depends on who wanted to go out that way and how far they ventured.

Just be aware you will walk a lot of those hills if it's remotely soft. Good luck, sounds like a cool adventure!

Foresthill, Soda Springs, Truckee, Tahoe Vista by seanallan at Garmin Connect - Details

Home to Hole in the Ground trail by seanallan at Garmin Connect - Details

Over the Hill
    Ti Snow Frame

Looked at and have rode a few this is the one that stands out. Fits the Surly Clown Shoe rims. Clown Shoe | Parts | Surly Bikes and Surly 4.8" tires. Parts | Surly Bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here is a video I made from some footage of riding around Pt Reyes National Seashore. I am not certain this was legal as there was a sign that said biking in designated areas only. I scouted out a trail and it had a no biking sign, so I stayed away from that particular trail and headed to the beach./shore via the Limantour trail. I tried to maintain minimum impact to the area.

Pt. Reyes Fat Bike on Vimeo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2