sock skeleton
    Oct 2005

Every Trail Annadel

You broke your handlebar's again! I remember when you toasted your carbon fiber handlebars at Rockville.

Urban Ninja

Every Trail Annadel

Today I took it upon myself to put down a training ride. Now being a true mountain biker that I am I couldn't train on the road although I have done that in the past, I just find road riding to be the most boring thing on the planet (well not as boring as taxes and laundries). Anyway, I have entered into the Ashland Mountain Challenge which will be my first enduro event. Enduro's have been gaining popularity for obvious reasons. They are the trail rides that we do but on a timed basis.

So my training ride for this race is "Every Trail at Annadel" Now I know I didn;t hit EVERY trail but I think I came close to all the trails that are legal.

So, the first mishap was catching my bars on a tree on South Berma whitch led to the first picture. Of course I was shooting for a strava time. Also broke my helmet and skinned up my arm (second pic) which led to a very intense post ride shower.

I would highly suggest this route to anyone looking for a challenge. If you could learn from my mistakes: PAY NO ATTENTION TO STRAVA!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Every Trail Annadel-dentstumper.jpg  

Every Trail Annadel-elbow.jpg  

Urban Ninja

mtbr member
    Damn. Nice ride.
    :wq

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    What did that bike ever do to you for you to treat it so poorly!
    Think of the bikes!

End bike abuse!!
    /sarcasm

NedwannaB

Textbook

Dang, you may have got all of them! Nice spin jeng.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

ask
    user
    Nice ride! Sorry to hear about the crash / damage. Ashland Mountain Challenge looks interesting too.

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeng View Post
    Today I took it upon myself to put down a training ride. Now being a true mountain biker that I am I couldn't train on the road although I have done that in the past, I just find road riding to be the most boring thing on the planet (well not as boring as taxes and laundries). Anyway, I have entered into the Ashland Mountain Challenge which will be my first enduro event. Enduro's have been gaining popularity for obvious reasons. They are the trail rides that we do but on a timed basis.

So my training ride for this race is "Every Trail at Annadel" Now I know I didn;t hit EVERY trail but I think I came close to all the trails that are legal.

So, the first mishap was catching my bars on a tree on South Berma whitch led to the first picture. Of course I was shooting for a strava time. Also broke my helmet and skinned up my arm (second pic) which led to a very intense post ride shower.

I would highly suggest this route to anyone looking for a challenge. If you could learn from my mistakes: PAY NO ATTENTION TO STRAVA!!!
    So this what I got to look forward to? Strava is crack!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    So is the crash part of your Enduro training too. I usually plan on taking a couple diggers during these events myself.

Didn't you break a different bike a few days before this?

Was this the first or second time down South Burma? Which tree did you hit, was it that giant oak tree root on the pedally section? That's where the strava data places the crash..

I saw at you at the bottom the first time through South Burma, didn't notice any bleeding.
    Last edited by the.vault; 06-13-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added some snarky comments.

Urban Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by the.vault View Post
    So is the crash part of your Enduro training too. I usually plan on taking a couple diggers during these events myself.

Didn't you break a different bike a few days before this?

Was this the first or second time down South Burma? Which tree did you hit, was it that giant oak tree root on the pedally section? That's where the strava data places the crash..

I saw at you at the bottom the first time through South Burma, didn't notice any bleeding.
    Yes, part of training is hardening the fu
    Not broke but carbon gouged

First time down South Burma. It was the fallen white color tree stump that you have to make a quick go around on the left then swoop back right. I leaned for the left corner and hit my right hand on the stump. Instant to the ground kind of crash. Got my right hand, left elbow and knee, shoulder and head.

Huh, I probably just looked dirty. Once I took a bath in the lake is when I started seeing what the damage was..

don't try this at home
    nice one. though if i were to ride every trail in annadel on a single ride, i better be burning more then 2300 calories. i better be able to count in pounds burned.
    will you rep me?

Laker and a Trail Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by moschika View Post
    nice one. though if i were to ride every trail in annadel on a single ride, i better be burning more then 2300 calories. i better be able to count in pounds burned.
    I want to go on all the rides you burn pounds on.

mtbr member
    You can start over at Howarth Park for a few extra miles. 40 miles is within reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

NedwannaB

Yes, yes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    You can start over at Howarth Park for a few extra miles. 40 miles is within reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That too!
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....