Paper or plastic?

East bay trails are fast...

I rode Chabot yesterday and trails were really fast and tacky, so I'm assuming that it's probably the same throughout the east bay. Notice to the Golf course climb time trialers, current conditions are perfect for a PB.

Other random musing: the Reba fork is really sweet.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    after riding auburn saturday i did a hike in briones first thing sunday morning and the trails are a bit damp and even muddy in places (where there is not a lot of direct sun). cows have already started making their marks in some spots too....i think one more good rain and briones may be off the schedule for a while...hopefully that rain holds off!!

enter and win
    naaaah, I just rode there 4 days in a row and it's cherry

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    naaaah, I just rode there 4 days in a row and it's cherry
    you know, i didn't think i'd get 'dissed' on my opinion but since you commented i think my view was jaded by where i was in the park--mostly tree covered sections off reliez valley road in lafayette leading up spengler to the radar tower. my guess is the exposed ridges and other trails that see a lot of sun are still great...mea culpa....

enter and win
    that is SO HOT when guys speak latin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    that is SO HOT when guys speak latin

meet ya behind the radar tower...i'll be panting...from the climb!!!

mtbr member
    I rode Chabot last night and the trails are perfect - damp and sticky but not muddy.
    Although the first portion of 10 hills was recently graded and is pretty torn up - there's got to be a better way to maintain trails than just dragging a dozer blade down the length of them......

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by rzims
    I rode Chabot last night and the trails are perfect - damp and sticky but not muddy.
    Although the first portion of 10 hills was recently graded and is pretty torn up - there's got to be a better way to maintain trails than just dragging a dozer blade down the length of them......
    It looked fine to me when I rode it last Sunday. When did they grade it?

BTW, what's happening with the slide on Red Tail (I think that's the right trail)? It looks like it's gotten even larger.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    I think they did it this week sometime because I rode it last week Tues and it was fine then this Wed I found it had been graded.
    I'm not sure, I haven't seen the slide on RedTail...I'll take a look this weekend when I head out there