mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Eagle Mountain (Yuba Gap)

What's the story with this area? Who owns the land? What's access like?

We had nordic practice here during my junior year at CHS, but moved to Auburn Ski Club the following season when they closed after the Gap Fire.

Found this old thread bigboulder posted: 2004 Eagle Mountain Thread

I'm sure any singletrack there used to be is totally overgrown now...

I know some local notables at PG&E, but I thought I'd ask here first.

just another bleepin SSer
    Eagle Mountain had some trails on their property, and also on the neighboring Forest Service lands. But that all disappeared a few years back in a wild fire. The buildings at Eagle Mountain are gone. So are all the trails, as far as I know.

Used to be a great epic race out of Eagle Mountain (Eagle Mountain Epic, I think it was called). 50 mile loop with lots of singletrack. Included a 3k drop on singletrack into a canyon, a 10-15 mile run along the river in that canyon, them a 3k climb back out. They told us to be careful in this stretch, as the only way to get out was by singhletrack, or helicopter. But for some reason, there was this huge bridge put in half way through the trail paralleling the river.

The Rocktoberfest Enduros put on by Rick Sutton (one of the founders of Sea Otter) were also based there. I wrote an article for Cycle California back in 1997 on this: Rockin' with a late season enduro
    --
    Getting old, fat, and slow...
    Business: www.calkayakermag.com
    Personal: www.singlespeed.org
    自転車が好きだよ