mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Dry Creek Pioneer Regional Park Question.

Is anyone familiar with this park? I'd like to incorporate crossing the park into my commute and get some dirt in. Ideally I would like to come in off of Bay Heights on the North East end and exit by May street. Google maps shows a connector trail through private property. Does anyone know if this is a usable trail?

Also does anyone know if Stonebrae Country Club road goes through and really connects to Cana Road into the park on the east side but further south? And if it has public access? That may be an alternative route.

Thanks!

190lbs of climber
    Cana Rd does not connect, no public access. Here are some rides encompassing basically all the trails you can ride in Garin/Dry Creek. Some are hiking (Pioneer Trail), so pick you time wisely.

This one shows how to connect to Bay Heights, actually to the bike path beneath it, but you can get through to the street as well.

some hillside exploring here

More exploration of hidden portions of Garin that aren't on the map yet. The loop up the hill on the far eastern portion of the ride is open trails and part of Garin, but not on many maps yet. Access behind the elementary school.

I explored the top portion where Cana supposedly goes through, which is not the case. At the top of the ridge in Garin the dirt road is blocked with private property signs. I suppose you could jump the fence, but you would end up riding through the golf course area.
    THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Exactly the info I was looking for, Thank you!