Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mudworm
    I took some photos of the result sheets on Sunday afternoon. I believe they cover some XC categories and some early DH results, but not AM combined. Anyone care to squint at them? I have to ask because it's a bit time consuming to post the photos. I'll only do it if there is interest.
    I would love to see them too!

~~~~~~~
    Kirt's Status- They haven't gotten MRI's back yet, but the neurosurgeon didn't think they needed to do any surgery - that he'd likely just be in a neck brace (not a halo...bummer. Those are sweet) for 3 months. Basically, that's the best news that he could have gotten given that c6 was literally split in half. Let's hope that the MRI confirms it. If the first opinion was correct, a teammate will be picking him up at the hospital tonight.

mtbr member

good job Ty and holy crap...kirt!

[QUOTE=Dirt_Diggler
    my buddy kirt fitzpatrick was heading into the expert AM 7th today and crashed on sunrise and broke three vertebrae in his neck. the medics did a poor job taking care of him. he walked out. we took him to grass valley hospital for a CT scan where they found the fractures- big fractures. then they transferred him to roseville. not sure if he'll need surgery or what. will know tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Nice work Ty! I've seen you descend, no doubt you would have been on the podium! Next year man!

Holy shite! WTF? This is the first I'm hearing about Kirt! Jezus! How can we get in touch with him? Whose taking care of Diego? Do we need to help him get back home? Let's make a plan to get him back.

Isaias

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvcx
    I believe Tim Olson got 6th just behind Menso! Who BTW out sprinted him in the final stretch. Damn that boy is fast!
    And just so we all know, iluvcx KICKED ASS and got 3rd expert, 19-34.

Yeah!

Morgan

I'm a "she".

There you have it.

Sorry, I don't have time to label them. You'll just have to click on the image to see the full-size, which seems very readable to me, hopefully to you too.

Since all the results will be published online, I hope I'm not violating anyone's privacy by doing this. Also, the pictures were taken on Sunday afternoon. They might be preliminary. If you see mistakes, please don't hold me against it. Also, beware, they seem to have done some cutting and pasting to shuffle people around in the XC result posting, so some columns do not make a lot of sense in some categories (such as Time Back).

Incomplete XC results (some categories):

Some, maybe all, DH results (not AM combined though):

Inch by inch, I will get there! (See my rides and stuff here.)

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by jane
    KUDOS to the Downieville Clinic staff who all did such a fine job working real hard to support this great race!
    Yes, and big big thanks to Debbie Bonovich for all her help after Liza got went in the helicopter.

Debbie, you rock.

Morgan

Shocks?, Pegs?... Lucky!
    Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    how long does it typically take before the official results are posted?....

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by punkassean
    Last year's races were 7/14 & 7/15 I believe, and the results were posted 7/17.

Morgan

enter and win

Bex Volunteer Race Report

It's my 10th year at the Classic either racing or volunteering or both. This year turned out to be a quick volunteer-fest, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Saturday: Arrived at river jump time, and immediately received my assignment from Deb to be involved in the DH timing tent the next day.
    Watched the night time festivities from the WTB balcony. Very cool. Tame Saddletramps performance though....very family oriented this year~
    Slept in my wonderful Subaru in front of the library and was up at 5 to drive to the top.
    Checked over 200 DH racers....chip, helmet, number, name....do you remember that? Did you have fun? I hope so!
    Props to all the kids who had their ish totally dialled as far as which direction to have the zips, it's a learning curve and we hope to have everyone 100% next time!
    More props to all the timing crew up top: Metal, Chris, Padraic, the weigh in guy, Carrie of the amazing timing duo, and the awesome cool vibe up there in front of Sunrise even though you're all nervous as hell
    Back down to town by 3 and out by 5...fun times, thanks to all of you who said hi and sat a spell to talk! Hope you all had great experiences and I look forward to seeing you on the trails!

Surly OG
    Quote Originally Posted by morganfletcher
    And just so we all know, iluvcx KICKED ASS and got 3rd expert, 19-34.

Yeah!

Morgan

Iluvcx is Isaias?

ISAIAS Kicked Ass last year with a top 10 and KILLED it this year with a 3rd!!!!

Rock on Bro!

Roaring Mouse is a top shelf team to boot!
    Earn your turns. )'(

~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzaholic
    Conrad is a triathelte/ former Triathelete from tahoe.
    We all know who Dez is, right?
    Yuri is a former Soulcraft racer who is riding for Marin now, and usually does the endurance thing. Odd to see him on an SS 9er though. He pushed a 32x18. I was 32x19, and a lot of the other niners were 32x20. The 19 was a tough gear, and the only part I walked I got a massive side stich. Serves me right for walking.
    fritz, hey, that was me behind you for a bit telling you to "drink" sorry if it threw you off. i think i was mostly just thinking out loud to myself, trying to remind myself of how important it would be.

32x18 - OUCH. i ran 32x20. it really made the climb pretty easy, but i paid for it on all the fire road sections. 32x19 would have been nice, but i would have had to walk i'm sure on that last steep section after the water station at the top. next year, be fitter and stronger. there isn't much i could have done to make the race any faster except to be able to pedal on the roads more and to have avoided the flat and mechanical- which never should be an issue on a SS.

anyway, you doing howell or SSWC? i think that's gonna be the only other races i do this year.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    Checked over 200 DH racers....chip, helmet, number, name....do you remember that? Did you have fun? I hope so!
    D'oh! That was YOU?

We've only chatted online and never met in person.

I would have been more chatty
    -ROXY

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    I randomly met Mr. Crash, and we were lucky enough to watch the pros start up the first climb on Sunrise. We got to see Menso, Lopes, Simmons, etc. cranking that first climb.
    It was good to meet ya - glad you're okay after that fall! I can't imagine something going wrong on 3rd divide.

Just curious - was your race number 152?

"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004

7/11 Sport Vet Men 35-44 1:13:41.7

I got 7th out of a whopping 11 entrants and didn't win AGAIN !!!

Lots of fun and lots of MTBR people up there made it exciting. Hope I get in again next year so I don't have to do the XC !

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx6roxy
    D'oh! That was YOU?

We've only chatted online and never met in person.

I would have been more chatty
    mtnbecky rocks she is awesome!!!
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by punkassean
    You're such a moose knuckle f-ing donkey Sean! Nice racin' dude.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    how many guys were entered in the xc for sport men 35-44?...

only 11???...i must have been last then (around 3:20)...ouch!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by historeeteacher
    how many guys were entered in the xc for sport men 35-44?...

only 11???...i must have been last then (around 3:20)...ouch!
    that's the DH he's talking about. 86 entrants in 35-44 sport class. i had 3:19 and change and that was "good" for 56th (at least according to the sheets posted sunday around 8:30a).

mtbr member
    May 2006
    thanks...that's what i thought...i was right around your time, but didn't stick around to see the results.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Singletrack Addict
    You're such a moose knuckle f-ing donkey Sean! Nice racin' dude.
    Ayyyy Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat! ha-ha...

Thanks, if this is who I think it is, then you too!

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash
    It was good to meet ya - glad you're okay after that fall! I can't imagine something going wrong on 3rd divide.

Just curious - was your race number 152?
    Yea, it was cool to meet you too. I enjoyed chatting with you throughout the race. Pre nerves, post exhaustion, and finish stoke.

I just got back from the doctor, and praise the Mountain Bike Gods, nothing broken. I am truely blessed.

EDIT: I am still truly blessed, but the Radiologist found compressions and irregularities in the T1 vertebrae. I just need take it easy while it heals in 4-6 weeks. I can still hold my 1 year old

Yep, I was #152.

P
    Last edited by Mr.P; 07-17-2008 at 06:11 PM.

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    Wow. I hope Kirt's ok!

Scary.

I hear Blackwell's fine, though.

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    involved in the DH timing tent the next day...More props to all the timing crew up top: Metal, Chris, Padraic, the weigh in guy, Carrie of the amazing timing duo, and the awesome cool vibe up there in front of Sunrise even though you're all nervous as hell.
    Thanks for you work, all of you ran it as smooth as a baby's bottom. Very comforting when you are a bundle of nerves.

P

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sashax
    Wow. I hope Kirt's ok!

Scary.

I hear Blackwell's fine, though.
    John??

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast