Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    I heard it snowed pretty good yesterday!? Can anybody report if that's the case and is it rideable?

Poacher
    Sep 2010
    Pyramid Spine Tingler 8.5% Belgian style, 650ml, 2 for $3 in Berkely. That should about cover 1/2 the cost of gas to Downieville.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Mills Peak trail is all clear except for one log half way down the upper section above the helicopter landing. A few patches of snow are left, but may be gone by your stay. If you are going to shuttle and depending on vehicle, there are two almost impassible mud holes on the road to the look out. May want to consider riding up and down. Don't forget to ride Phil's Loop portion at the bottom of the trail, it adds another 1.5 miles to the trail and passes the north edge of Mohawk Valley. Usually ride up this clockwise up from the Graeagle Billboard and return adjacent like to the hwy. This is also a good for those who may be up for the trip, but would like a short ride and some shop time in Graeagle.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fill the void View Post
    Mills Peak trail is all clear except for one log half way down the upper section above the helicopter landing. A few patches of snow are left, but may be gone by your stay. If you are going to shuttle and depending on vehicle, there are two almost impassible mud holes on the road to the look out. May want to consider riding up and down. Don't forget to ride Phil's Loop portion at the bottom of the trail, it adds another 1.5 miles to the trail and passes the north edge of Mohawk Valley. Usually ride up this clockwise up from the Graeagle Billboard and return adjacent like to the hwy. This is also a good for those who may be up for the trip, but would like a short ride and some shop time in Graeagle.
    Such awesome news!!!

fc

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    So stoked! Still need to get a proper hitch for the jeep... but everything else is about ready to go!

Sent by smoke signal

Resident Curmudgeon
    Look what I found in Livermore. It lives...
    Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

mtbr member

Thats my Logo....

I designed a logo for my group NorCal Gravity months ago using the likeness of that logo. Is it your companies or just for this event? Several members on here are members of the group which is based out of Santa Rosa, Ca. Im just wondering if we somehow came up with the same idea? Also if your down to advance our cause I'll consider a merger....read the flyer for details about our cause and contact info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Downieville Summer Kick-Off Thread!!!-support-flyer-including-qr-ad-link.jpg  

The Downieville Summer Kick-Off Thread!!!-business-logo-norcal-gravity.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    I think you both better merge with the entire State of California since you both used the bear from the state flag.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    We cleared the last of the snow drifts to Packer Saddle today.
    We are shuttling to the normal drop off spot and things are
    looking good for Sunrise this weekend. G.

mtbr member
    I've got the time off from work and I'd love to get in on this epic adventure! I don't have a campground reservation. Can someone squeeze me in on their reservation?

I'm a married 31 year old easy going dude who rides a Turner 5 Spot. I can bring several growlers of Russian River and plenty of bottles. I'd prefer to crash with somebody who has done this before since it will be my first time in this area. I'll also bring my DSLR and take some pics of the riding as well.

I'm looking to arrive on Thursday evening before sundown and split on Sunday. I'd love to get in 2 days of riding on Friday and Saturday. Any of you Downieville vets have room in your campsite?

-Isaac

mtbr member
    May 2012
    There's 2 of us coming, we don't have a camp site reserve, we're thinking of coming on evening of 7th, will there be camp sites available for us? We are coming from SoCal area (IE/OC).

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasintrane View Post
    I'm a married 31 year old easy going dude who rides a Turner 5 Spot. I can bring several growlers of Russian River and plenty of bottles. I'd prefer to crash with somebody who has done this before since it will be my first time in this area.
    -Isaac
    sounds like something you'd find in the Craigslist M4M section to me!
    there's so much empty camping space in that area you'll have no problem if no-one is tempted by your growlers.
    here we go again

Totally, and to the max.
    Hi Isaac, my name is Kyle and I'm a happily married 39 year-old father of two. I ride a Santa Cruz Nomad and I like shredding the gnar and drinking good beer. It sounds like we might be compatible!

:-)

In all serious, you'll fit in just fine, we do pretty well with sharing camp space. There's a fair amount of overflow parking there, so shouldn't be a problem at all. My advice to anyone is just come with an attitude of self-sufficiency and with a willingness to share and everything works beautifully!

I'm in campsite 10, so come on by and introduce yourself. Looking forward to this awesome weekend!!!

Totally, and to the max.
    Taha, same thing I told Isaac. Just show up, say hi, share a beer and make a friend! You'll definitely find a campsite to pitch a tent. We're all friends here!

mtbr member
    May 2012

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eleven-yo View Post
    sounds like something you'd find in the Craigslist M4M section to me!
    there's so much empty camping space in that area you'll have no problem if no-one is tempted by your growlers.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max View Post
    Hi Isaac, my name is Kyle and I'm a happily married 39 year-old father of two. I ride a Santa Cruz Nomad and I like shredding the gnar and drinking good beer. It sounds like we might be compatible!
    Haha! Yeah, I did feel a bit like I was soliciting myself! Good news none the less. I'll plan on showing up with my gear and crashing. Looking forward to it.

K-max, are you familiar with the area? Are you going to be there Thursday night?

mtbr member
    My buddies and I are planning to go and I'm glad I found this thread. Does anybody have room for 3 more? I've only been to Downieville once, and when we came it was too early in the season as we had to trek in the snow. So I've been looking forward to getting back when the trails are open.

We're planning to arrive Fri night and head back Sunday.

mtbr member
    Indyrace85-There will be room for you-even if its with Melt. :-)
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut View Post
    Indyrace85-There will be room for you-even if its with Melt. :-)
    hehe he said "Melt"

Is the hairless Wookie still around?

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

mtbr member
    Sweet! Looking forward to meeting you folks!

mtbr member
    Hoping thie quote thing works:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ti View Post
    I'm so excited about D-Ville that I'm offering a $25 incentive to MTBRers to come ride with us.

Specifically: For anyone attending the the gathering, I'm offering a $25 discount on the DirtBaggies bib+baggy combo. To avail yourself of this offer you must to pre-order at DirtBaggies.com by noon (Pacific time) 6/7/2011 and enter coupon code "GnarCal25" during checkout; offer only valid for purchases collected at Campsite #2.

I'm looking forward to meeting y'all in person.
    "...DirtBaggies may also be the best baggy mountain bike shorts on the market." Velonews - Click to check out other reviews.

mtbr member
    Anybody from OC want to carpool? I'm hoping to leave on Thursday and return Monday.
    I'm happy to provide a vehicle (can take 5 bikes and 5 people, but honestly 4 in comfort), or to jump in yours.

Send me a PM, Tim

American Made!
    Ah Melt......Well TkBlazer and I are heading up late Wed night from OC, 2 shuttles booked for thur and fri and thinking nice long ride sat.

Cannot wait to get back up there!!!!

Andy, do you want us to make sure your campsite #2 is ok?
    What is thy bidding, my master.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

trek

getting post in. sorry

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    anybody have a 180mm 6-bolt rotor thats nice and true they want to bring and sell me cheap? My front one is tweaked and is a little too wonky to be straightened well.
    Bend, OR

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast