Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Snows melting fast! Its getting good out here! Shuttles start this weekend. Still some snow up top but not too bad. Downieville bike shop and shuttle to the Downieville Downhill - YUBA Expeditions

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Boneyard growlers is not a bad idea. 10 Barrel's IPA is delicious too. Deshutes is my go-to 'cause I have hook-ups that keep the price down quite nicely.
    Bend, OR

mtbr member

you mean....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut View Post
    Bigboulder, NO! Who is going to lead us into the unknown?????
    mis-lead you into the unknown

Have fun!
    What is a "healing vibe"???
    See our aid stations at the Tahoe Sierra 100 Red Star Ridge & Dusty Corners

www.goapc.org

Snowjnky McDreamy
    I just got the A-ok from boss lady. All I know is I would like to do a Big Boulder to 3rd run. Mills Peak might be fun too.

Also who wants to get to let me crash there site?
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

Zach Attack
    I wanted to join you guys this year. Sounds like an awesome time. Heading up tomorrow to Forest City to build 7 miles of new trail. If any of you are up early come by for a brew and spin. Logging is pretty much completed and PVD and Truckee are not impacted.

We will be starting at W end of Truckee Ditch Trail Fri am for 11 days. Our house in FC is straight above top of main street. White with Green Trim with a Salmon w Wht trim house adjacent.

If I dont see yall... ride on!

z
    Learn to love it[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    www.foresttrailsalliance.org

J
    ROOOOOOOO
    NorCal crew,

I tried to see if I could make it out this year, but I can't. It's simply too cost prohibitive.

With that said, my friend Sandy from San Antonio is moving to Reno next week. She's a good person, would fit in great with y'all and is looking to meet some new friends. I assured her that The Gathering would be the best place to do so. As a flatlander, she's a bit concerned about being able to hang, but I reassured her that even with her current fitness level, she'd be able to at least do the Packer / 3rd / 1st run with no sweat.

She can post up here on her own and coordinate with you, but I wanted to give an introduction of sorts and say to look out for her and make her feel at home. She's got a travel trailer, and may be looking for a spot to camp at your event - but I'm not sure what the situation is with camping spots, etc.

Perhaps once she gets there, someone can take her under the wing and make sure she gets down the hill OK and is welcomed as you did me?

I wish you all well and miss you terribly.

Best,

J

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Booked for 3 shuttles on this Sunday and Monday and camping with 2 other buddies...so stoked!!!!

mtbr member
    J-
    Campsite # 1 & 2 here. Have her come by. We have a few girls that love to ride together. I'm sure she will fit in fine!

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    NorCal crew,

I tried to see if I could make it out this year, but I can't. It's simply too cost prohibitive.

With that said, my friend Sandy from San Antonio is moving to Reno next week. She's a good person, would fit in great with y'all and is looking to meet some new friends. I assured her that The Gathering would be the best place to do so. As a flatlander, she's a bit concerned about being able to hang, but I reassured her that even with her current fitness level, she'd be able to at least do the Packer / 3rd / 1st run with no sweat.

She can post up here on her own and coordinate with you, but I wanted to give an introduction of sorts and say to look out for her and make her feel at home. She's got a travel trailer, and may be looking for a spot to camp at your event - but I'm not sure what the situation is with camping spots, etc.

Perhaps once she gets there, someone can take her under the wing and make sure she gets down the hill OK and is welcomed as you did me?

Best,

J
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    NorCal crew,

Best,

J
    Thanks Jay

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut View Post
    J-
    Campsite # 1 & 2 here. Have her come by. We have a few girls that love to ride together. I'm sure she will fit in fine!

Great! Thanks! I am looking forward to it

Totally, and to the max.
    Sandy, my wife will also be there and happy to ride with you. She's been off the bike for a while (two kids does that) but is still in good shape and can shred.

J is a good friend of ours and you are more than welcome to just show up and make yourself at home. There's a strong family vibe at this event, we all look out for each other. Glad you can experience it!

mtbr member
    For those planning a Lakes Basin adventure I plan to make sure Mills Peak is fully logged out and ready to rock. Right now all is clear except the upper 2 miles with drifts and numerous blowdown. I just sharpened my saw and it should be in good shape when you get here.

Mills rides great downhill, but the true adventurer will ride up it. We spent a lot of time developing a climbable Lakes Basin route, and this is it. The attached Garmin track is the epitome of fine backcountry riding and rides as a loop from Graeagle. After a fun climb up Mills, it heads west through the Lakes Basin for the tough climb up Elwell and then a world class descent. There are some options on the descent for those interested.

Our pace in this track was social and the fast and furious will kill this time. But come prepared, this is the real deal! One caution!!! The snowdrift on the north side of the Elwell summit will probably be pretty big, and may extend down the trail a ways off the summit. Best navigated with care, and with someone who has done it before. The other option is to skip Elwell and descend from Round Lake Trail, across the Long Lake Connector and on down past the Graeagle Lodge. VERY fun.

Don't forget to buy the new high quality map Willie made for the SBTS and all trail fans. This is THE map for Downieville and Lakes Basin!! You can pick one up at Yuba Expeditions.

Have fun,

Ronski

Clearing Mills so we can shred
    The Downieville Summer Kick-Off Thread!!!-saw.jpg

Melinda climbing Elwell on the Mills/Elwell epic loop
    The Downieville Summer Kick-Off Thread!!!-melinda-elwell.jpg
    Last edited by ronski; 05-24-2012 at 08:03 PM.

mtbr member
    We completely raked and cleared Upper Butcher Ranch trail
    this week.A handful of drifts remain, but the trail is all time
    awesome for the weekend.We cleared all the way to Pauley
    Creek.

GMM
    mtbr member
    Ronski, that Graeagle Mills Peak loop looks awesome! Thanks for your work getting it prepped.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    shuttles booked and looking forward to some of the cooler weather and thunderstorms to tack up the lower trails. thanks for all the trail work guys, I'll be donating to SBTS shortly to put my money where my mouth is.
    here we go again

Totally, and to the max.
    Ronski, thanks so much for sharing this and all the hard trailwork! We are genuinely grateful for the trails that are there. Your ride looks epically awesome. I may be doing that over the weekend. I rode the Long Lake Connector last year. You're right, it's a blast.

Spin-stabilized
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    I just got the A-ok from boss lady. All I know is I would like to do a Big Boulder to 3rd run. Mills Peak might be fun too.

Also who wants to get to let me crash there site?
    Site 11's got some room. I'm rolling in late afternoon to early evening on Friday. Come on down!
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

mtbr member
    Ronski,

thank you for the hard work! Wooohooo! Are you planning on being at the event? Would you be interested in leading a few of us on a true backcountry adventure? We rode Lakes Basin with Big Boulder last year. Looking forward to something similiar this year.
    Again thanks for the hard work-it truly is appreciated!!!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Snowjnky McDreamy
    Quote Originally Posted by bailout View Post
    Site 11's got some room. I'm rolling in late afternoon to early evening on Friday. Come on down!
    Thanks!!!
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    OK, pretty sure my father-in-law and I are in. Somebody save us some space. Maybe one other friend if he can clear with the wife/baby (40% chance)

I'll bring some beer to share, but i can't bring tons, i'm broke! I'm happy to bring anything down from any of the Bend breweries if y'all can pay for it. Deschutes, Bend Brewing Co, Cascade Lakes, 10 Barrel, Good Life, Boneyard, McMenamins, Silver Moon, etc (it's ridiculous....ly awesome!).

Do we need to book shuttles? I've never ridden in the area before, getting excited! In fact, i haven't ridden in very many different areas, period.
    Bend, OR

CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
    NorCal crew,

Best,

J
    J,

You and your banjo will be sorely missed. Hope to see you sometime in the near future.

For you friend Sandy, I will be bringing the whole family and my wife will be looking for some easy riding partners. We'll try to arrange an easy ride / loop that will be family friendly with some good challenges for newer riders.

We'll be bringing some rootbeers as we aren't much for drinking beer.

Travis
    Master of the unintentional track stand.

mtb'er
    I should be able to make it this year.
    More than happy to help lead an adventure ride if need be.

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Beer View Post
    I should be able to make it this year.
    More than happy to help lead an adventure ride if need be.
    An adventure ride with my group means, "Let's see where this goes."

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    I'll more than likely have some room in site #3. Heading up on the 7th and leaving on the 9th.

padded
    Is there a plan for a Mills Peak ride? I'm probably not going to be able to come up for the weekend for budget reasons, but want to at least come up for a day to do the Mills Peak ride with the group.
    "You are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast