Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Silence! I kill you!

Downieville Pics!!

Well, I just got back from Downieville after a couple hour break at my Sisters house in Davis, and I must say, for my first trip up there, I had a complete blast- and that was without even having my bike. Next time I'll be bringing the bike for even more fun.

I spent about 4 hours or so shooting the downhill race on saturday, and ended up with some really awsome shots. I got to use my new laptop to edit & get the shots ready saturday night so I could upload them sunday when I got a chance. They're up, and can be viewed here. As of Sunday night, the Downhill races have up uploaded, while the XC races will take me an extra day or so because I have 2x as many shots.

And to you XC riders, if you spend more time concentrating on the ride instead of waving, making surf's up signs, or doing other goofy poses, you might win a race

But of course, this is MTB at its finest- a bunch of guys/gals in a race having a blast, then caring about the outcome. Here is a few sneak peak shots:

Women's gallery is in the process of being upload now.....
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

aka baycat
    Awesome pictures! People love their Nomads on Dville

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    who won the DH?

"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004
    Yo ! Great pictures... I was #155 and your pictures end at #154 ?!? ?! Any chance you have some shots of me???

Silence! I kill you!
    Figures

Well I did get one of you while you were crossing the water , I didn't even realize they all didn't upload!. I'm in the process of copying everything from my laptop to the desktop computer, so when they get transferred I'll make sure to upload the missing images. It looks like about 97 images didn't get uploaded. Well, that should be fun to put up
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004

Great ! Can't wait to check it out.......

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    Figures

Well I did get one of you while you were crossing the water , I didn't even realize they all didn't upload!. I'm in the process of copying everything from my laptop to the desktop computer, so when they get transferred I'll make sure to upload the missing images. It looks like about 97 images didn't get uploaded. Well, that should be fun to put up
    How was Bassetts? Kind of a dump huh????

Silence! I kill you!
    It was really small, but I actually kinda liked it. If you're just out shooting pictures it was the perfect spot to stay at since I was only 4 miles from Packer Saddle & I didn't have to mess with the Downieville parking mess
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

Silence! I kill you!
    Ok, the rest of the Downhill pics are up. XC coming in the next day or so.
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

mtbr member
    Great pics! I found one Briones Mafia's own, mtnbecky.

Safety First
    Thanks jm!

I'm the second shot there. You also got a great shot of my riding buddy Ross, who won the Expert class.

http://scottmosher.exposuremanager.c...06-07-29-11727

"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004
    Here's 2 of me... finished in about 1hour maybe little less... have not seen results yet ....

http://scottmosher.exposuremanager.c...006-07-29-2695

http://scottmosher.exposuremanager.c...006-07-29-2709

Thanks for the great pics Scott - I'll be ordering 12 key chains and the 20' X 20' life size mouse pad.....

Silence! I kill you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhruth
    Here's 2 of me... finished in about 1hour maybe little less... have not seen results yet ....

http://scottmosher.exposuremanager.c...006-07-29-2709

Thanks for the great pics Scott - I'll be ordering 12 key chains and the 20' X 20' life size mouse pad.....
    Dang, 20' x 20' mousepad, I don't think my 3meg camera could handle that!!
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

(slight return)
    Hey great photos! What's your flash setup? Does it ever bother anyone riding when the flash goes off?

-slide

mtbr member
    WOW! Awesome pic's...Check your AOL e-mail.
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

Silence! I kill you!
    I was using an on camera flash as fill. As far as I know it doesn't bother anyone. I've been told that if it bothers you, you aren't concentrating on the race. I also try to pick a spot where the flash going off won't blind the rider in a technical section of the course, possible causing a crash.
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

"Audaces fortuna iuvat"
    Aug 2004

Flash.... Didn't bother me....

I was using an on camera flash as fill. As far as I know it doesn't bother anyone. I've been told that if it bothers you, you aren't concentrating on the race. I also try to pick a spot where the flash going off won't blind the rider in a technical section of the course, possible causing a crash.
    I saw Scott sitting on the other side of the creek and I normally I go off to the side there because there's just no speed to be gained going straight through the water... BUT since I saw he was there I thought it would make a better pic with the water spray so I went thourgh the middle.. Noticed the flash a few times but didn't bother me at all....

Does planning a better photo mean I wasn't concentrating enough on the race????

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Weir won but didn't beat his record from last year. He said he lost it somewhere up top.

(slight return)
    Cool, thanks, seemed like a more powerful flash than the on-camera. I thought about using flash at the MTB nationals in Sonoma but decided against it since I had no idea if it would interfere. Decided it wouldn't be great to be written up in MBAction as the j@ck@ss that blinded Brian Lopes in the Mountain Cross finals Good to know it doesn't bother anyone!

For fill I usually use -1 2/3, looks like you're using a bit more there?

-slide

Silence! I kill you!
    For most of the shots I was either backlit or was pretty much shooting into the sun, so most shots were something like 1/500 @ f5.6-8, depending on the light. For the fill I was using either manual at around 1/4 power, or TTL +1 2/3 or so. The fun thing about not being on a payroll and shooting stuff is it gives you the chance to play around and try new things.

Of course, as I sit here with my newly opened D2h, I'll be playing around ALOT
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath Sherratt
    Weir won but didn't beat his record from last year. He said he lost it somewhere up top.
    was the top more techy than previous years?

P

eBiker
    thanks for th e pics! I'll be ordering some of my bud (he won sport clas 25-35) later today.

Any recommendations on size limit?

P

Silence! I kill you!
    On print size?

The largest I have available is 8x10, which will print great. I did blow up one of my shots to 11x14 from Sea Otter though. If people want a larger size they can shoot me an email saying which one, and I'll go have it printed to see how it comes out, then I can send it to you
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

Typical Mountain Biker
    On print size?

The largest I have available is 8x10, which will print great. I did blow up one of my shots to 11x14 from Sea Otter though. If people want a larger size they can shoot me an email saying which one, and I'll go have it printed to see how it comes out, then I can send it to you

Awesome pictures Scott!

So are you going to be taking pictures this Thursday when you make it to the Gap this time?
    Dude with a single track mind.

Silence! I kill you!
    I just got my D2h, so probably

I must say, I'm startin to like shooting at 8 frames per second

I was thinking of videoing the ride, but now the camera is calling my name. Its a little bit lighter than my D1h, so it won't be so bad to carry on rides. And since its built like a tank, I'm not worried about damaging it in a crash.
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

Typical Mountain Biker
    I just got my D2h, so probably

I was thinking of videoing the ride, but now the camera is calling my name.
    You did a video at the Gap, and like all your work, it came out great! I would love to see you make a video of Demo! Do it!!
    Dude with a single track mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast