Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator

Downieville Kick Off June 8-10 Roll Call

Ok, who is going and how long are you staying?

What tires are you using?

fc

rider
    Jan 2005
    I'm in, I will be securing an undisclosed site early next week and staying until the following Tuesday after the event.

Rolling Hans Dampf 29er tires. Trailstar compound front and Pacestar rear. Wicked gobs of stick and grip! First time to D'ville with the Bandit Two9. While I'm not going as far as claiming that my ride is "Best for D'ville", I strongly suspect that it will be very good. Got to get in a few more hours breaking in that Pushed RC3+ rear shock...
    Last edited by 29erchico; 05-30-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Heading up on the 7th and heading back on the 9th...

..and as for tires, not sure. I have a wtb Stout with FR casing on the front and a spesh Eskar on the rear. Slightly worried about the sidewalls in the rear, but not sure if I'm worried enough to get new tires before this.

swag ho Administrator
    Robert and I are rolling very early Friday morning. Mark D is following us I believe. We hope to ride and do that Buttes climb on Friday.

I don't know what bikes we're riding but I have sweet Schwalbe Hans Dampf tires.

fc

Medium?
    Not going due to son's graduation. Kinda bitter about it. :meh:

If I was going I'd be riding some DH tires, not some extra-wide roadie tires on 700c wheels.

padded
    I'm in after all, but coming up with the family so will be staying in town. Driving up Fri and staying til Sun, am hoping to ride with some groups Fri afternoon and Sat morning.
    Any rides organized yet? I could contribute a vehicle to shuttling Mills Peak on Sat, but can't take all day for it.
    Hans Dampf on the front, but probably switching back to a High Roller on the rear. The Schwalbe on the rear is too noodley for my taste.
    "You are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I have ever met."

Totally, and to the max.
    Richelle, my 4-year old daughter, and myself. Arriving Thursday afternoon and staying through to Monday. Finally. Coming home Sunday sucks.

I'll be rolling on black tires with some tread. Hopefully without tubes.

GMM
    mtbr member
    I'll be staying in town all week with my family. Looking forward to some fun group rides, although someone will need to shoot off a flare gun about an hour and a half before the group rides depart so I know when to leave for Packer.

I'll be rolling a nano raptor rear and small block 8 front at 50 psi to minimize rolling resistance.

mtbr member
    Getting into PackSaddle on Thursday afternoon-staying through Monday. :-) Kyle-we ride the Deer Lake Loop Sunday! :-)
    I'll be rocking some Big Ol Knobby's during the day and IPA's during the afternoon/evenings!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 29erchico View Post
    I'm in, I will be securing an undisclosed site early next week and staying until the following Tuesday after the event.

Rolling Hans Dampf 29er tires. Trailstar compound front and Pacestar rear. Wicked gobs of stick and grip! First time to D'ville with the Bandit Two9. While I'm not going as far as claiming that my ride is "Best for D'ville", I strongly suspect that it will be very good. Got to get in a few more hours breaking in that Pushed RC3+ rear shock...
    29erchico...........so Your in Chico? I havent ridden at Downieville yet but need to check it out.

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by K-max View Post
    Richelle, my 4-year old daughter, and myself. Arriving Thursday afternoon and staying through to Monday.
    So jealous. Maybe I should come up Saturday am. Hmmm...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Ive got a ticket for the Endurocross in Sac sat night the 9th,Id like to hit Downieville and that both.

Totally, and to the max.
    Ed, don't break the pencil (weird metaphor of mine), but if it's feasible, you know it will be worth it. I've done plenty of 24 hour vacations and they're a whole lot more rewarding than fixing that damn sprinkler problem in the flower bed. Or so I've heard.

mtbr member
    I'm heading up Thursday afternoon. I should be there before sundown. I just need a site to crash at, which shouldn't be a problem from what I hear. I'm heading home Sunday.

Maxxis Highrollers for me. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

mtbr member
    Even and I will be there on either Thursday night late or Friday morning. Staying until Sunday in campsite #15. Riding bikes with black round tires. Having fun, getting tired, eating food, socializing, and drinking good beer. Can't wait to see y'all!

swag ho Administrator
    People who reply on this thread will get a free mtbr waterbottle with special 'ipa approved' lining and mtbr guage

Of course you have to be at the campsite to claim it.

fc

mtbr member
    I'll be there with two other friends. Leaving the south bay around 2 on Friday--hopefully arrive before sundown; leaving sometime Sunday.

mtbr member
    Gotta love that! Thanks Francis!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    People who reply on this thread will get a free mtbr waterbottle with special 'ipa approved' lining and mtbr guage

Of course you have to be at the campsite to claim it.

fc

mtbr member
    I'm coming, not 100% firm on which days yet but aiming for the full Thursday through Monday experience.I need carpool buddies from Orange County, anybody here want to ride-share?

I need to put at least one new tire on my bike, so I'm hoping to learn what's appropriate from this thread, blocky like the Hans Dampf seems to be the consensus.

mtbr member
    I'm heading up with Neil. I'll be riding my yelli with hans dampf front and captain rear.. hope it holds up

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ti View Post
    I'm coming, not 100% firm on which days yet but aiming for the full Thursday through Monday experience.I need carpool buddies from Orange County, anybody here want to ride-share?

I need to put at least one new tire on my bike, so I'm hoping to learn what's appropriate from this thread, blocky like the Hans Dampf seems to be the consensus.
    Oh heck ya!!! Dirt Baggies proprietor.

fc

mtbr member
    I'm so excited about D-Ville that I'm offering a $25 incentive to MTBRers to come ride with us.

Specifically: For anyone attending the the gathering, I'm offering a $25 discount on the DirtBaggies bib+baggy combo. To avail yourself of this offer you must to pre-order at DirtBaggies.com by noon (Pacific time) 6/7/2011 and enter coupon code "GnarCal25" during checkout; offer only valid for purchases collected at Campsite #2.

I'm looking forward to meeting y'all in person.

mtbr member
    Anybody from OC want to carpool? I'm hoping to leave on Thursday and return Monday.
    I'm happy to provide a vehicle (can take 5 bikes and 5 people, but honestly 4 in comfort), or to jump in yours.

Send me a PM, Tim

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'll be there to ride Sat morning

PS: Are there any specifically good places to swim near Downie? Or beaches on the river? I want to bring my GF (she doesn't ride) and find a good place for her to camp out with some freinds while I crush.

mtbr member
    There are plenty of places to hang at the river. There is also a ghost town near by. Tons of stuff to do if not on a bike!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast