mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Downieville Classic Info?

Looking to check out the Downieville Classic for the first time and looking for some info on parking and riding. I've been to Dville many times but never for the classic so other than the major CF that will undoubtedly occur, is riding the trails outside of race times frowned upon? Any good parking spots outside of town? Unfortunately, can't head up till Sat morning so trying to gauge the amount of CF that I'll have to deal with.

Thanks!

Dropshot Champ!
    cf prolly means cluster fawk, but if you replace it with the words "carbon fiber" it reads pretty good.

I think trying to ride during or near the classic is gunna be a nightmare. And parking is insane.

GMM
    mtbr member
    Riding trails outside race time is fine. Parking is scarce. Don't think shuttles run race day. You should check on that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GMM View Post
    Riding trails outside race time is fine. Parking is scarce. Don't think shuttles run race day. You should check on that.
    Yep, shuttles not running race weekend but was thinking of riding up after race.

Mostly going to check out the the event for the day since I've never been but was hoping to ride a little.

Beaubien
    Aug 2006
    It never seems to be a CF for me. Just a great festival style weekend. I have gotten shuttles on Sunday after the DH race. Or create your own shuttle. There are so many trails to ride that are not part of the race.

mtbr member
    Go check it out. After the XC race ends there will be parking around. I always find parking anyways. Its busy but not impossible. You could definitely ride the XC course after the race and could probably jump on a race shuttle to get back to your car. Or go ride up in Graeeagle in AM and come down to town for the party. Plenty of options and it's a really fun time to be in Downieville. Worth checking out.
    Previously known as mttamrnr.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by etuck View Post
    Go check it out. After the XC race ends there will be parking around. I always find parking anyways. Its busy but not impossible. You could definitely ride the XC course after the race and could probably jump on a race shuttle to get back to your car. Or go ride up in Graeeagle in AM and come down to town for the party. Plenty of options and it's a really fun time to be in Downieville. Worth checking out.
    this is great to know! thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm thinking of driving up next weekend and checking out the race for the first time as well just to spectate. I don't mind walking a bit, but do they at least have some organization for parking? I'll be coming up with the family so just trying to have a plan beforehand.

ask
    user
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    I'm thinking of driving up next weekend and checking out the race for the first time as well just to spectate. I don't mind walking a bit, but do they at least have some organization for parking? I'll be coming up with the family so just trying to have a plan beforehand.
    How was it with the family? I am headed u for the race this year and parking seems like it would be tough with kids/family.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Looking to sell my XC expert men reg.