mtbr member

Does anyone sell Hope Brakes in Nor Cal

I'm trying to find a Hope dealer in the San Jose area, no one seems to have any or know of any?

mtbr member
    Not sure who carries them. They are impossible to find parts for locally in-stock. I just switched from Hope to Shimano XT/XTR brakes after years on Hopes.

I wish I had switched sooner. No more boutique brake brands or DOT fluid for me.

ballbuster
    Hank and Frank stocks Hope pads. IIRC, some shop in Danville or stocked Hope parts, maybe brakes. Forgot the name, tho....

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, yeah Hopes are great brakes, but getting tired of having to order everything though the net.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Tread, Sun, Trailhead, Scotts Valley Cycle Sport, Evolution bike shops are all listed as Hope Dealers.

There are also a few in Santa Cruz.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho View Post
    Tread, Sun, Trailhead, Scotts Valley Cycle Sport, Evolution bike shops are all listed as Hope Dealers.

There are also a few in Santa Cruz.
    And where ever did you find that information?
    Why, maybe, just maybe, its listed on the manufacturer's website.
    Hope Dealer Listing

Its amazing how bike component manufacturers make it so simple to find retail dealers. Almost every manufacturer has a dealer locator on their website.

As for having to order everything on the web, talk with your local dealer (LBS). Order some parts through them. Make it clear you are going to purchase those parts on a regular basis and they might start keeping them in stock.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    I called them previous to my posting, none of them have hope parts in stock. Not only that, but on their dealer page, some of the shops dont exist, and gave out the same number for about 6 different shops.

mtbr member
    Its a boutique components manufacturer. Unless an LBS is really moving a lot of Hope products, you are not going to find one that carries them. There just simply is not enough demand to justify tieing up so much capital in parts that are not going to move. Clearly there is a lot of shops that will order the parts, but its highly unlikely you are going to find a shop that carries Hope parts in stock.

Stick with Shimano, Sram, Avid, or Hayes if you want easy to find parts.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Its a boutique components manufacturer. Unless an LBS is really moving a lot of Hope products, you are not going to find one that carries them. There just simply is not enough demand to justify tieing up so much capital in parts that are not going to move. Clearly there is a lot of shops that will order the parts, but its highly unlikely you are going to find a shop that carries Hope parts in stock.

Stick with Shimano, Sram, Avid, or Hayes if you want easy to find parts.
    No that's very true, but I really like the brakes. And it's something different. For the most part, I also think their better, but that's my opinion. I have been running the hope 6 piston ti for 6 years without a single issue, the issue is the rear disc is more than likely too large and has a bad vibration now.

Hope as in Hope they work? just ask a dealer to Special order what you need. Small parts are available through a few vendors.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Most bike shops can order Hope parts through their distributors but none really carry the product in stock. I order online or through their US distributor in Texas.
    Berkeley Bicycle Club (BBC) - http://berkeleybike.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iRoNeTiK View Post
    Most bike shops can order Hope parts through their distributors but none really carry the product in stock. I order online or through their US distributor in Texas.
    Yeah I have an e-mail already to Phil over there. I was just hoping I could go somewhere and buy some stuff. Oh well. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Yeah I have an e-mail already to Phil over there. I was just hoping I could go somewhere and buy some stuff. Oh well. Thanks.
    I hear ya. Not having a local dealer is a pain but only time I need the actual company is for warranty issues and none are down the street. Shimano is the closest, being in SoCal so that isn't too bad getting something replaced and then next for me is Specialized with a warehouse in Utah.

I have had to warranty my Hope Brake lever once (the mount around the handlebar developed a crack) and it was kind of a PITA since I ordered it from CRC online but I'm from the US, so the Hope US distributor in Texas wanted nothing to do with me since I didn't buy from him, but Hope UK forced his hand to help me haha.
    Berkeley Bicycle Club (BBC) - http://berkeleybike.org

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Trailhead sells alot of the botique brands. I'm pretty sure I saw Phil, hope, and King stuff there.

tjp
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Using XTR now, but for years I rode Hope brakes, still have them on my spare bike and my wife's bike, and either ordered pads online or through my LBS. Always kept an extra set in the toolbox that went on vacation with me. Was never a hassle as long as I planned a tiny bit. The shimanos are great, but the new Hope brakes look equally cool. Like jewelry... Never had an issue with them. easy to bleed, easy to work on.