Golden Bears United

Did anyone find a wedding band at or Near Camp Tamarancho?!

It's a long shot, but I just now realize that I lost my wedding band (platinum, 4mm, with engravement of 5/29/2004 inside).

I am not sure where I lost it, but likely culprit was from wet ride at Tamarancho yesterday. It could be while taking gloves off at main trailhead for pix, or in Fairfax Cyclery parking lot afterwards.

If by the tiniest of chance any of you happened to find it, please let me know. Much appreciation, reward, and beer.

Thanks!

Tung

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SC Solo + Ala Carte SS + old HardRock trail-a-bike = all the bikes I need ... for now

Sweater
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
    It's a long shot, but I just now realize that I lost my wedding band (platinum, 4mm, with engravement of 5/29/2004 inside).

I am not sure where I lost it, but likely culprit was from wet ride at Tamarancho yesterday. It could be while taking gloves off at main trailhead for pix, or in Fairfax Cyclery parking lot afterwards.

If by the tiniest of chance any of you happened to find it, please let me know. Much appreciation, reward, and beer.

Thanks!

Tung

I wish you the best of luck getting it back. I lost mine once (in my wife's car it turned out). After that experience I would suggest you just don't go home.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO

Thanks!

Tung

Did you look in the glove?
    Just asking.
    Good Luck.
    I lost my first one in Hawaii on my honeymoon, fell off surfing Hanalei Bay.
    Wifey not happy.
    Second ones been on my key chain ever since. 31 years.
    And since you all asked, I don't wear it because of the work I do, it would tear the ring, and my finger off.
    I can't tell you what I do though.
    I'd have to kill you.
    Yes, Monday and Tuesday are now no longer weekdays. Trust me. LP.
    No Rep
    No Problem
    Banned For Boobies WTF?

Sweater
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGordo View Post
    Just asking.
    Good Luck.
    I lost my first one in Hawaii on my honeymoon, fell off surfing Hanalei Bay.
    Wifey not happy.
    Second ones been on my key chain ever since. 31 years.
    And since you all asked, I don't wear it because of the work I do, it would tear the ring, and my finger off.
    I can't tell you what I do though.
    I'd have to kill you.
    Ironworker?
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***

I'm really diggin it!

Thanks!

Tung

Thats what you get for riding in the rain. OOOOOOOHHHHHH I kid, I kid! I'll be digging up there today. If I see a wedding band I will let you know.

I sincerely hope you find it and I also hope you didn't mind my distasteful joke about riding in the rain

Golden Bears United

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Simon View Post
    Thats what you get for riding in the rain. OOOOOOOHHHHHH I kid, I kid! I'll be digging up there today. If I see a wedding band I will let you know.

I sincerely hope you find it and I also hope you didn't mind my distasteful joke about riding in the rain
    Thanks, all. No offense taken at the jest.

A friend and I actually decided to ride Sunday rather than Sat because the forecast called for rain on Sat but not Sun. By the time I arrived at Fairfax Cyclery, I realized we were wrong. It wasn't bad at all at the beginning, but got a bit muddy at the end of one lap, so we stopped. That was my second, and also unplanned, rain ride in 15+ yrs of riding.

The wife is cool about it for now.
    SC Solo + Ala Carte SS + old HardRock trail-a-bike = all the bikes I need ... for now

mtbr member
    My personal belief is that wedding bands are material expressions of what's really at the core, not the core in itself. I wonder why not more people agree. That said, I haven't lost my band (yet). Hope yours happens to turn up one of these days!

I hear you regarding last Sat vs. Sun. Fearing what resulted, I rode both days. :-P
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

Readin & Postin since '02
    Jul 2006
    I'm on my second band (in 28 years). The first one was gold and I had it repaired three different times after breaking it opening beer bottles. It got so bad that it couldn't be repaired anymore, so I now have a Tungston ring and there's no way a bottle top is going to break it. It's nice to have an understanding wife. Although, she wasn't all that understanding until she needed a bottle opened.

Knock wood that I haven't lost it/them.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by awai04 View Post
    My personal belief is that wedding bands are material expressions of what's really at the core, not the core in itself. I wonder why not more people agree. That said, I haven't lost my band (yet). Hope yours happens to turn up one of these days!

I hear you regarding last Sat vs. Sun. Fearing what resulted, I rode both days. :-P
    I do agree with you that the band/ring/diamond is a symbol of the marriage. It can be a piece of string wrapped in a figure 8 around fingers. It would mean the same thing. Too many are wrapped up in the size of the diamond and such.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGordo View Post
    Great Suggestion! Lost mine in the glove once, scary! Take it off before every ride now. Keep it on the 12v power/lighter plug on the dash.

Golden Bears United
    Quote Originally Posted by arphaxhad View Post
    Great Suggestion! Lost mine in the glove once, scary! Take it off before every ride now. Keep it on the 12v power/lighter plug on the dash.
    Thx for the suggestion. I did, first thing. Not there.

mtbr member
    ^^^ FYI Tungsten is easily broken, its hard, but brittle & will shatter