mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Demo too wet for Sunday, right?

We had a long-planned jaunt to Demo set for tomorrow for a buddy's birthday. I'm assuming that it will be too sloppy, and at this point we're planning on other things.

Please let me know if that is not the right call given trail conditions. Thanks.

ballbuster

Yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by mikemikemike View Post
    We had a long-planned jaunt to Demo set for tomorrow for a buddy's birthday. I'm assuming that it will be too sloppy, and at this point we're planning on other things.

Please let me know if that is not the right call given trail conditions. Thanks.
    ... in my limited Demo experience, it takes at least a few days if not a week of dry weather to not be greasy muddy.

mtbr member
    Actually, demo is one of the faster places to dry out. Pretty slick during or right after rains, but the years of trailwork (mainly the drainage treatments), have paid off.

That said, I'm not sure how much rain its gotten over the past 24 hours.

ask
    user
    This morning it was very good. Cold and some slick roots, but the dirt was great. Even the Sulphur re-route wasn't too bad. It did start dumping up there this afternoon when I was leaving though. Depending on how much rain they got, it might be ok tomorrow.

swag ho Administrator
    It will be greasy by tomorrow morning. The rain came in late today so it has no time to dry out at all. If it's sunny in the morning, it may be good in the afternoon.

fc

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    If rain at both Loma Prieta Winery and MJA Winery are to compare with Demo, the amount of afternoon rain wasn't that bad. I would expect conditions to be worse than today but not drastically worse. It rained, but not in any great volume.

mtbr member
    It will be wet-ish but totally rideable. We didn't get that much rain today.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    For what it's worth, I rode the day after the Bell enduro race last year. Even after the rain then, and all those people riding, it wasn't terrible. Definitely wet in a couple spots, but far from a mud bath.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    For what it's worth, I rode the day after the Bell enduro race last year. Even after the rain then, and all those people riding, it wasn't terrible. Definitely wet in a couple spots, but far from a mud bath.
    I was out there on that same day last year, and found it a bit more sloppy than I felt comfortable with, but really there was only 100 yards of trail, all told, that was muddy enough to dig trenches in.

Anyhow, we stayed local today - hopefully we'll get to demo again before the end of 2012...

Thanks all