mtbr member

Demo Saturday: Need a ride leader

Anyone care to lead around a few East Bay guys around Demo this Saturday? I've only been once and that was roughly 10 years ago.

Thanks.
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Bump, seems this slipped by. I just noticed now.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Go there around 9am, and leave with one of the many groups that are heading in.

That might be easier

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    It's gonna be hot out there, so start early if you're doing more than a basic loop. I can't help out this Saturday, but I'd be down for a tour another weekend. Have fun!
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    May 2007
    It's not a for sure thing I will ride on Sat, but here's my Strava ride for the Demo Double. This will give you the two best DH. You do have to climb to Sulfur Springs, but it's got lots of shade

Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Yo

If you guys can change to Sunday, I'll play tour guide. If yes, just need to tell me what kind of pace your looking for so I know what bike to bring. If no, pretty tough to get lost in Demo as all trails are pretty well marked and there are usually truck loads of bikers out there to help you out.
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member
    I could do a Sunday ride as well. I'm in Fremont and could carpool. Depending upon the numbers I could accommodate six rigs.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info everyone. Can't ride, Sunday. I am in contact with San Jose MTB group and we'll either ride with them, or take up Strava and lots of riders out there suggestion.

Maybe when it cools off we can get an official thread going and get a group ride?
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    how long of a ride are you looking for. a typical full demo loop is 23m and 4500ft

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    how long of a ride are you looking for. a typical full demo loop is 23m and 4500ft
    That is a bit of a stretch, dontchya think? You can make it what you want but that fits the bill for a full-on day in the park sampling all the 3 or 4 main DH STs (of course I am usually on a DH rig so it's a long day for me anyhow).

Anyone down to ride Sunday? I am planning on a 9am start...Mojo HD for up and down runs though I can now bring my 40lb+ Bullit (finally fixed!!!) if there are some slower climbers in the mix. word

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    That is a bit of a stretch, dontchya think? You can make it what you want but that fits the bill for a full-on day in the park sampling all the 3 or 4 main DH STs (of course I am usually on a DH rig so it's a long day for me anyhow).

Anyone down to ride Sunday? I am planning on a 9am start...Mojo HD for up and down runs though I can now bring my 40lb+ Bullit (finally fixed!!!) if there are some slower climbers in the mix. word
    Mmmhmm, I see how it is.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Mmmhmm, I see how it is.
    Welcome my son, to the machine.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    I actually want to ride the Glory out there again sometime. There's that one rooty section on Braille that I kinda stay to the left on the FB but would love to dive right into on a bigger bike. But then there's the climbing...
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    May 2007
    That's the cool thing about Demo, your typical and mine are whatever we want. There are many options to choose from. Some options even have bacon on top

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I said a typical FULL loop. it can of course be cut down to whatever you want. thats why I was asking

mtbr member

Re: Demo Saturday: Need a ride leader

I'm down for a ride on Sunday and open to routes. Just put on heavier tires so may be slower.

mtbr member

Re: Demo Saturday: Need a ride leader

Quote Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    I actually want to ride the Glory out there again sometime. There's that one rooty section on Braille that I kinda stay to the left on the FB but would love to dive right into on a bigger bike. But then there's the climbing...
    I'm sketchy jumping that section and then hitting the right hander fast but rolling through it on a 29er is gravy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by c-wal View Post
    I'm down for a ride on Sunday and open to routes. Just put on heavier tires so may be slower.
    CooL! How about 10 am upper dirt lot...I'll bring the Bullit to maintain a mellow climb pace.

Stu...that root is easy peasy...just need to get you comfortable with jumping as it's hit just like coming off a curb.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    CooL! How about 10 am upper dirt lot...I'll bring the Bullit to maintain a mellow climb pace.

Stu...that root is easy peasy...just need to get you comfortable with jumping as it's hit just like coming off a curb.
    I used to have no problem, but now it's so blown out that when rolling up on it I always worry my front wheel is going to get stuck after the first root and I will superman down the roots. I do want to get better with jumping though. The Firebird has helped me alot since it's so much lighter in the front I feel more in control. I still get nervous with those first two plank jumps though, plus I love the root jump in between. That's probably my favorite part of the trail.

There's an earlier root section where you kinda have a blind entrance taking a slight left at the tree and then there's a right hander through the roots. I hit that a bit faster one time and it get sketch but I loved it. I'm a big fan of roots. I used to ride down stairs all the time when I was younger, and well I still do it now when I can haha. I might have to go to this ride, but you on the Bullit makes me want to bring the Glory. Struggles
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Would love to ride with ya Sunday...but I am pretty spry on the Bullit so bring the light bike so we can get to the DH faster.

As for the first two planks, the first one is a little lippy so I find hitting it with a lot of speed really helps...if I am lacking speed, I tend to come off my pedals for some reason. The second plank is a no brainer but it's a little on the big side (for Demo)...just roll off it and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by squashyo; 05-30-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: words

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Haha I know, I remember last time...

We can do some 'sploring also.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    Strike that...just broke my chain 3 times on the Bullit so it's new drive train time...will be towing the Mojo Sunday which isn't going to bum me out at all.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I said a typical FULL loop. it can of course be cut down to whatever you want. thats why I was asking

I'm never full without bacon, yum.