mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Demo Forest/Santa Cruz ride

Greetings,
    Are there any locals I can join to ride the demo forest(or other surrounding trails)? I'm visiting Monterey from the east coast until the 17th and should be fairly flexible on day and time. I'm planning to pick up and assemble my bike at some point today(Wednesday) so should be good to go tomorrow onwards.

Thanks,
    Nathan.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanr View Post
    Greetings,
    Are there any locals I can join to ride the demo forest(or other surrounding trails)? I'm visiting Monterey from the east coast until the 17th and should be fairly flexible on day and time. I'm planning to pick up and assemble my bike at some point today(Wednesday) so should be good to go tomorrow onwards.

Thanks,
    Nathan.
    I was thinking of heading to Demo early Sunday. Shoot me a PM if you're interested

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Well if you want to ride in Santa Cruz (UCSC/Wilder) tomorrow, feel free to hit me up. I have the whole day off and live three miles from the trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Good job!

Shout out to @FPtheBored and @squashyo for showing me around ucsc and demo trails. Thank you! I had a blast!

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanr View Post
    Shout out to @FPtheBored and @squashyo for showing me around ucsc and demo trails. Thank you! I had a blast!
    Nice job FPthebored!!!!

Whatevs Squashyo.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I went to Demo last Monday for the first time in several years. It was awesome! One thing that bothered me while I followed a route I did in 2012 which was also recommended by a website I found, was my ride down Corral Rd. Corral Trail was cool, but as I was losing hundreds of feet of elevation riding down a dirt road I was incredulous, thinking "wtf is this?!?".

After getting home, I did some more research and found out that Corral Rd used to have cool features (now I remember those), but they got bulldozed a couple years ago.

Next time I go, I will opt for the awesome Flow Trail x 2 rather than riding down Corral before going up Sulpher Springs.

Anyway, next week I hope to check out the UCSC area. I was thinking to ride up Emma McCreary trail and then explore that area above campus. I've only done Emma McCreary, but nothing else in that area. Can anyone give me any tips that would help me avoid disasters such as pointless ascents or utterly boring extended descents? PM?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by griffsterb View Post
    I was thinking of heading to Demo early Sunday. Shoot me a PM if you're interested

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopaminer_09 View Post
    I went to Demo last Monday for the first time in several years. It was awesome! One thing that bothered me while I followed a route I did in 2012 which was also recommended by a website I found, was my ride down Corral Rd. Corral Trail was cool, but as I was losing hundreds of feet of elevation riding down a dirt road I was incredulous, thinking "wtf is this?!?".

After getting home, I did some more research and found out that Corral Rd used to have cool features (now I remember those), but they got bulldozed a couple years ago.

Next time I go, I will opt for the awesome Flow Trail x 2 rather than riding down Corral before going up Sulpher Springs.

Anyway, next week I hope to check out the UCSC area. I was thinking to ride up Emma McCreary trail and then explore that area above campus. I've only done Emma McCreary, but nothing else in that area. Can anyone give me any tips that would help me avoid disasters such as pointless ascents or utterly boring extended descents? PM?

Thanks!
    Youll need a guide. Somebody on the forum will do it if you ask.