mtbr member

Crashed on steep drop

My daughter offered to take some pictures for me on Father's Day. So we headed up to the local trail. I hit a couple of drops/step downs a few times and got some good photos from different angles. Moving to the third drop, I hit it once and her camera wouldn't focus, so she didn't get any pictures. So I push up again, turn on my helmet camera for another drop. I have done this drop many times without problem, but this time it didn't go as planned. Her camera still didn't focus but at least I had the helmet camera running and got some good crash footage. Walked away with rash from shoulder to waist and some soreness.

Take Gravity For A Ride

mtbr member
    Well at least the dog cleared it!

Lucky you that you have a daughter willing to hike up those steep trails around Pacifica to snap photos of you!

Wēk Ss
    nice clip! It looks like a 3-foot drop? The front end wiggle, and rolling over, yep I've seen that crash up close on many different trails. hehe.

mtbr member
    Nice at least you turned away from your daughter, so you can tell everyone you made a split second decision.
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    Nice at least you turned away from your daughter, so you can tell everyone you made a split second decision.
    Actually, it was the small tree that I was heading towards that I turned away from.
    Take Gravity For A Ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It was funny to see your feet dangling in space. Glad to hear you're pretty much OK.

mtbr member
    I would have liked to have seen it real time too. Any non-slowed footage? Glad nothing was broken!