mtbr member

Coolest 24hr race gives $44,000

I would like to thank all of you that raced, volunteered, sponsored and helped in any way to make this a great giving event. Not only giving out $6,000 in prize money and $20,000 in awards and prizes.I handed over a check to the ACCEF and to UC Davis Cancer center for the amount of $44,000 big ones.
    There was some other small funds, and that went to IMBA that was only a $1000.
    Next year the fee's go down and the prize money goes up.
    Thanks again The Nor-Cal Mt. bike racers do care about the fight against cancer!!

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    I would like to thank all of you that raced, volunteered, sponsored and helped in any way to make this a great giving event. Not only giving out $6,000 in prize money and $20,000 in awards and prizes.I handed over a check to the ACCEF and to UC Davis Cancer center for the amount of $44,000 big ones.
    Thanks again The Nor-Cal Mt. bike racers do care about the fight against cancer!!
    I'd say keep the fees the same and have the donation money go up. I'll be there either way.

You keep rocking and we'll keep rolling! Way to go, Jimmyboy!
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Great event this year. I second the idea of keeping the fees where they are at, reasonable as it stands. The crowds of riders will grow regardless because it's such a solid event. Worth every penny! More money to the cause the better.

bicycle rider
    You rock, Jim. I'll be back.

Morgan

mtbr member

Great Job!

That Rocks Jim....We will be back next year for sure!

mtbr member
    Well done indeed Jim. My vote: - shoot for more donations next year, don't sweat lowering the fees. I too will be there regardless. Fantabulous event.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Wow thats freaking amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    Kind of shows how much money those 24 HOA people are pocketing.

mtbr member
    FANTASTIC-
    so glad the turnout reflected what certainly will be even bigger crowds next year. i also support the fees stay the same; besides the incredible venue, celebration and atmosphere, where the money goes makes it all deeply worthwhile. it gets me to gather riders i wish to ride with, and see many, many more in smiling spirit.
    thanks so much for putting the coolest 24 together

mtbr member

This is what it costs for a 24hr race?

This is something that 99.9% of the event promoters will not do.
    This is the totals for the coolest 24 hr race.
    It Costs : $18,000 to put the race on.
    The ACCEF pays for all the food for the racers.
    State Park fees $1200.00
    Event insurance:$2,000
    Prize money:$6,000
    Awards , metals: $450.00
    Banners and signs:$1200.00
    School fee's $400.00
    Band: $500.00
    T-Shirts $2,000
    Beer : free
    Time I spent working on the race in totol amount of hours :160 hrs x $45.00
    = $7,200.00. Thats the time I put into it. This does not have the time other people I have had donate there time to help . Like Yuri Hauswald once said" It takes a village"
    If you take $175.00 x let's say 1,000 racers like 24hrs of Ad or $330 for solo. That's? you do the math!! I am not saying that you are paying to much"but how much money to they give back to you for being in the top 5? or to a great cause?
    Ask them?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Awesome job Jim!

and a big thanks again to the volunteers and supporters of the event!

Oh and hey I was thinking about that little thing you lost last week on the trail, if you order another one, let me know I think I might want to get in on that.

Roger

Ride Responsibly
    awesome,
    this will make a great selling point for my Oroville Gold Rush. Hope nobody minds that I copy this.

Members who have read this thread: 0