Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,523

    Congrat's Peyton Manning #509

    Class act also by Niner's acknowledging it! Bret Favre still has Silver for now!
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

  2. #2
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    19,693
    I rode my bike today.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  3. #3
    Junior flyer
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,502
    I rode for almost 6 hours--then started watching the game (didn't start till 5). Peyton's the best, and it was a nice surprise to see the Niners join in the congratulations.
    Why?

    Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sfgiantsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    674
    I can't stand Peyton Manning
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    99
    Who is Peyton Manning, Chelsea Manning's brother? And is this guy working for Niner bikes? I'm lost.

  6. #6
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,335
    Congrats Kapernik, our 'premier' quarterback. Awesome time management, feel for the pocket and strategic thinking skills.

    fc
    IPA will save America

  7. #7
    AKD
    AKD is offline
    Temporarily flatlanded
    Reputation: AKD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Congrats Kapernik, our 'premier' quarterback. Awesome time management, feel for the pocket and strategic thinking skills.

    fc
    So...what you're saying is that you'd rather have Alex "Checkdown" Smith?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,523
    That game in that neighborhood was a very bad place to be the visiting team ! Emotion plays into things more than some think IMO !
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,514

    Congrat's Peyton Manning #509

    The amazing thing is that Manning is still playing. He's going to continue running that stat up. It's going to be very difficult for anybody to beat that record.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    The amazing thing is that Manning is still playing. He's going to continue running that stat up. It's going to be very difficult for anybody to beat that record.
    +1 and you might as well bring his Dad and brother into the mix. Dad took and played through a historic physical beat down for years and brother Eli also won one of the most exciting Super Bowls ever IMO.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

  11. #11
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,335
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD View Post
    So...what you're saying is that you'd rather have Alex "Checkdown" Smith?
    Absolutely.

    And $126 million 6 year contract for Kap is a crime.

    fc
    IPA will save America

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Absolutely.

    And $126 million 6 year contract for Kap is a crime.

    fc
    Oh jeez...stick to wheel size commentary Francois.

  13. #13
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    Oh jeez...stick to wheel size commentary Francois.
    You have football game? Let's hear it.

    I'm just poking around.

    fc
    IPA will save America

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,523
    Yes one more football game ... Monday night football ... Battle of the 3-3 teams ... Texan's @ Steeler's
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    You have football game? Let's hear it.

    I'm just poking around.

    fc
    Well first off, last night's loss wasn't on Kaepernick (correct spelling). He actually played pretty well. Sure he's no Peyton Manning (who is?) but he's improving, albeit slowly. The Niners were playing on a short week in Denver against a very good Broncos team with half their defensive starters out. Not a recipe for a win.

    As for his contract, NFL contracts can not be judged on the surface. The numbers look huge and obviously they are, but the Niners can bail on the contract in any off season for the life of that contract. In other words, if he regresses significantly the team can move on and the contract is ripped up. It's actually an extremely favorable contract for the team if you really follow this stuff. Compare it to Romo's contract or Cutler's contract and get back to me.

    Finally, your weekend trip looked fun.

  16. #16
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    Well first off, last night's loss wasn't on Kaepernick (correct spelling). He actually played pretty well. Sure he's no Peyton Manning (who is?) but he's improving, albeit slowly. The Niners were playing on a short week in Denver against a very good Broncos team with half their defensive starters out. Not a recipe for a win.

    As for his contract, NFL contracts can not be judged on the surface. The numbers look huge and obviously they are, but the Niners can bail on the contract in any off season for the life of that contract. In other words, if he regresses significantly the team can move on and the contract is ripped up. It's actually an extremely favorable contract for the team if you really follow this stuff. Compare it to Romo's contract or Cutler's contract and get back to me.

    Finally, your weekend trip looked fun.
    Sweet. I read up on the contract. It's actually pretty forward-thinking with incentives and out clauses. All baseball contracts should be done this way. Specially pitchers.

    Kap on the other hand...
    Last edited by francois; 2 Days Ago at 11:53 AM.
    IPA will save America

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    462
    That record will be broken, repeatedly, because of the don't breathe on offensive skill positions rule changes.

    Yardage and td's with qb's are meaningless stats these days.


    And Kapernick would have never survived under the old rules.

    Randell Cunningham was twice the QB that Kap will ever be and he couldn't survive.

    Btw, the Niners lost that game because of injuries to Willis and bowman and the stupidity of Aldon Smith.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by erisch View Post
    Who is Peyton Manning, Chelsea Manning's brother? And is this guy working for Niner bikes? I'm lost.
    I think he's that angry guy that lives on Highland way, that gives everyone the stink-eye on the way to Demo.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F. View Post
    I think he's that angry guy that lives on Highland way, that gives everyone the stink-eye on the way to Demo.
    Thanks for clearing this up for me. I guess this Kopernicus guy is his neighbor then? I think I have seen him with his telescope.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •