Thread: Coe Joy

mtbr member

Coe Joy

Perhaps a bit off topic, but this ought to be shared here.

Our friend Nancy made a Coe board game a few years ago, and we're paying it right now.

It's fun.

Some photos of the game.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Here's a few photos of some of the cards. There are also cards which make you do some weird charades or answer awkward questions.

The object is to collect tokens of joy, and then make an exit from the park. You get one spare inner tube, and some food and water. If you ring out of water or food you might need to be rescued, depending. The winner is the one who collects more joy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Dude that board is cool! This might just rival chardee macdennis

Spin-stabilized
    Ah, that's pretty cool! I remember Nancy telling me about this game as we were climbing out of Kelly Lake. It really helps to get a visual of the game itself. I have to ask her to bring it over next time we ride Coe. Maybe we need to revive the Coe Circus. Spring 2018?
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bailout View Post
    Ah, that's pretty cool! I remember Nancy telling me about this game as we were climbing out of Kelly Lake. It really helps to get a visual of the game itself. I have to ask her to bring it over next time we ride Coe. Maybe we need to revive the Coe Circus. Spring 2018?
    Amiel, it's really a cool game. She refined the concept over a few years on rides in Coe. It's a piece of art. It's a brilliant idea that could be adapted to all kinds of recreation and places.

These days someone could make an App to create a game board automatically from your photo album (an idea that I'm certain would appall Nancy! Heh.)

A neato place to enshrine in a board game would be the Santa Cruz Mountains and the San Mateo Peninsula. There'd have to be cards that called out things like secret trails, radar, sabotage, rangers, hang overs, environmentally sensitive trail closures, major fog , gigantic trees down, mud pits, braking bumps, trailsanitation disappointments and railroad hi-jinks, etc.

And hell yeah, let's revive a spring circus. It'll be something to look forward to during this winter and make some plans. Let's get everyone together again and of course all welcome, old and new. Great idea Bailout!

King Of Tooth Tarter

The Circus

That is a cool game.

Hmm, Coe Circus. Might be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burns View Post
    Amiel, it's really a cool game. She refined the concept over a few years on rides in Coe. It's a piece of art. It's a brilliant idea that could be adapted to all kinds of recreation and places.

These days someone could make an App to create a game board automatically from your photo album (an idea that I'm certain would appall Nancy! Heh.)

A neato place to enshrine in a board game would be the Santa Cruz Mountains and the San Mateo Peninsula. There'd have to be cards that called out things like secret trails, radar, sabotage, rangers, hang overs, environmentally sensitive trail closures, major fog , gigantic trees down, mud pits, braking bumps, trailsanitation disappointments and railroad hi-jinks, etc.

And hell yeah, let's revive a spring circus. It'll be something to look forward to during this winter and make some plans. Let's get everyone together again and of course all welcome, old and new. Great idea Bailout!