mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Clikapudi Nine To Five Cancelle For 2009

One of the biggest challenges for putting on an event is getting the permits. Unfortunately the permit for the Clikapudi Six to Midnight at Shasta Lake is STILL in process. So with less than a month before the scheduled date of Sept. 5 I gotta pull the plug.

Last year we submitted our application in April and things were moving along until the fires...it was understandable that it got back-burnered then. This year I got it in in March, but that didn't seem to help.

The USFS staff says that the permit is likely to be approved, so when we get that (eventually) we'll apply it to a 2010 date.

Oh well. Looks like Mrs. Bigfoot and I will have a weekend off .

In the mean time don't forget that the 12 Hours of Humboldt is coming up, Aug. 22 in Arcata.

Bigfoot
    Attached Images Attached Images

jms
    mtbr member

Crap!

Crap! I'm so sorry for you Vic. Too bad you can't give the USFS boys a "stimulus package" up the backside to expedite the permit thing. It's such an innovative idea, a night endurance race. Third times a charm!

2012 Race: April 28th!
    FWIW I've been told there's a TON of poison oak on that trail now. I haven't been out there to see for myself.
    www.shastalemurian.com!!

mtbr member

Actually...

I've been told that it's 2.3 tons. We had planned to get there early armed with HazMat suits and Napalm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I"ll donate 3 tyvek suits to anyone who wants to go cut it. They have the hoods and booties.

Resident Curmudgeon
    you would want these

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

mtbr member

I'll take 'em....

Quote Originally Posted by ZEKEDAWG
    I"ll donate 3 tyvek suits to anyone who wants to go cut it. They have the hoods and booties.
    We'll need 'em for next year. Are you a Reddingian? If so can you get 'em to Bob Boeking or Scott Rossow??

Ride Responsibly
    I thought this was going to be a forest fire thing. Seems like an unusually long time for the Forest service to approve a simple permit? Does it take an act of Congress?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot
    We'll need 'em for next year. Are you a Reddingian? If so can you get 'em to Bob Boeking or Scott Rossow??
    Yep I live in redding, lemurian guy knows where I work. Just let me know when and what, and I will see what I can do.