• 08-07-2009
    Bigfoot
    1 Attachment(s)
    Clikapudi Nine To Five Cancelle For 2009
    One of the biggest challenges for putting on an event is getting the permits. Unfortunately the permit for the Clikapudi Six to Midnight at Shasta Lake is STILL in process. So with less than a month before the scheduled date of Sept. 5 I gotta pull the plug.

Last year we submitted our application in April and things were moving along until the fires...it was understandable that it got back-burnered then. This year I got it in in March, but that didn't seem to help.

The USFS staff says that the permit is likely to be approved, so when we get that (eventually) we'll apply it to a 2010 date.

Oh well. Looks like Mrs. Bigfoot and I will have a weekend off :rolleyes: .

In the mean time don't forget that the 12 Hours of Humboldt is coming up, Aug. 22 in Arcata.

Bigfoot
  • 08-07-2009
    jms
    Crap!
    Crap! I'm so sorry for you Vic. Too bad you can't give the USFS boys a "stimulus package" up the backside to expedite the permit thing. It's such an innovative idea, a night endurance race. Third times a charm!:thumbsup:
  • 08-07-2009
    LemurianGuy
    FWIW I've been told there's a TON of poison oak on that trail now. I haven't been out there to see for myself.
  • 08-07-2009
    Bigfoot
    Actually...
    I've been told that it's 2.3 tons. We had planned to get there early armed with HazMat suits and Napalm.
  • 08-07-2009
    ZEKEDAWG
    I"ll donate 3 tyvek suits to anyone who wants to go cut it. They have the hoods and booties.
  • 08-07-2009
    Buzz Cut
  • 08-07-2009
    Bigfoot
    I'll take 'em....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEKEDAWG
    I"ll donate 3 tyvek suits to anyone who wants to go cut it. They have the hoods and booties.

We'll need 'em for next year. Are you a Reddingian? If so can you get 'em to Bob Boeking or Scott Rossow??
  • 08-07-2009
    LWright
    I thought this was going to be a forest fire thing. Seems like an unusually long time for the Forest service to approve a simple permit? Does it take an act of Congress?
  • 08-08-2009
    ZEKEDAWG
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfoot
    We'll need 'em for next year. Are you a Reddingian? If so can you get 'em to Bob Boeking or Scott Rossow??

Yep I live in redding, lemurian guy knows where I work. Just let me know when and what, and I will see what I can do.