Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    I ride Rockville quite a bit. I rode last week in-between storms and it was fairly wet. They did have some trails closed but still managed to get a decent ride in. As long as it stays sunny out for the rest of the week I'm guessing it will be just fine. The park drains very well.
    Sweet! I appreciate you letting me know. I got a new bike and want to hit some spots that I am really familiar with to see how it feels to get through.
    </robert> ::: B1KER.com - Be One

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Rode Folsom lake yesterday. With all the rain and the large fluctuations in lake level, the sandy sections of the lake bottom are really good riding right now. Sand is packed down hard and you can ride just about anywhere. The section between Douglas and Beals point makes for nice riding with lots and lots of big rocks to go play on.

I didn't try to ride the GB trails. The section thru the parking lots has lots of big mud puddles.

SFART looked like a muddy mess. (the single track section from Skunk Hollow going east).

Not sure about Salmon Falls.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JFR View Post
    Even worse now. I rode last night. Nothing like this in the past. The ruts in several places are crazy deep. The pictured cell just sat over GB on Monday 1/23, dumping rain and hail. It was like a sick joke and it delivered a serious blow. I road last week and it was bad, but not like now.

There are also a number of places that people are riding in the grass to avoid puddles. So lame! I saw some obvious places a drain can be cut and I'm planning to get up there this weekend and address a few of those spots. I'm pretty sure we haven't see the last of storms this year and I'd hate to see things get even worse still.
    I rode there the day after they had the 2 races back to back there during the rain and it was trashed. Went back yesterday and is even worse. Pretty sad state now. A few trees down as well.

President of the Internet
    Posted this in another thread, but relevant here:

Salmon Falls, Sweetwater and MM were in decent shape. We were really surprised at the LACK of downed trees. I brought a hand saw expecting to go to town but didn't use it. I think there were only 2 or 3 large ones down and few that have already been cleared with a chain saw.

We rode a few miles on BR and that had a few trees down a mile or so before Mr Finta's home. The ruts on MM have grown substantially, but someone has been doing work on the trail and cleared a few large trees. Big ups to them!

The rocky sections have grown rockier and looser.

Lotsa water as to be expected and the creeks are deep. The bridge is above water and crossable.
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

Thinking of buying a home?
    http://Search-Sacramento-Homes.com

mtbr member
    Thinking about riding Auburn today since we have had 7 days of sun. Anyone been out the last few days that can share how the trails are?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Not that it matters to most, but it rained and snowed on Tues. quite a bit in the Auburn/Foresthill area. I'm going out to see what it looks like with the plan to bail if it's bad for the trails. Sun in the valley doesn't always translate to sun in the foothills.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Allan View Post
    Not that it matters to most, but it rained and snowed on Tues. quite a bit in the Auburn/Foresthill area. I'm going out to see what it looks like with the plan to bail if it's bad for the trails. Sun in the valley doesn't always translate to sun in the foothills.
    Please let us know. I also want to ride up there tomorrow if it isnt clapped out.

That makes me smart
    Hogan.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Olmstead is the definition of a sh*tshow. Single track is a small creek.

mtbr member
    Rode the divide today. Everything was perfect beside Culvert. There were three large groups shuttling it and the trail was a complete mud pit up top. Man did I want to be that guy and tell them to piss off.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I don't understand why you'd even WANT to ride it, as bad a shape as it's in.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Rode the divide today. Everything was perfect beside Culvert. There were three large groups shuttling it and the trail was a complete mud pit up top. Man did I want to be that guy and tell them to piss off.
    Nothing personal, but your idea of perfect differs from mine, though I'm guessing you know the deal judging by your reaction to the folks shuttling.

I rolled down to the upper trailhead of the FDLT, saw this in the first 100' and turned around. I'm sure it wasn't like this everywhere, but I'm guessing from looking at the two bikes that passed me as I headed back out to the road that there were many more spots that looked like this. I rolled down to one of the side entrances to FDLT and rode down to Culvert via Connector which was in good shape. A few bad places will be persistent on FDLT, I didn't take pics of every spot, but there are still a few more shitty spots on the north side and I'm sure more on the south side( I didn't ride the south side).

I ended up riding over to Mammoth Bar and did two laps of Stonewall/Rocky and one of Eastside. Not what I planned and I know that's not a ride everyone can or wants to do, but it was a better choice today. Finished out with Confluence which was in great shape and back up to the Divide on Connector. Rolled the pavement up Foresthill Rd. back home for a nice 40 mile 6000' day.

FYI. Mammoth Bar trails are certainly more "interesting". No motos and lots of water have changed the shape of those trail for sure. Good times!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Central NorCal trail conditions (Auburn, Salmon Falls, GBay, etc)?-20170129_153647_resized_1.jpg  

Central NorCal trail conditions (Auburn, Salmon Falls, GBay, etc)?-20170129_153711_resized_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    A few were on full DH bikes. I laughed when I got to fuel break and saw them all. I asked where they parked because it would be a long ride up on the big bikes. They all said we dont ride up hills.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duderidesabike View Post
    I don't understand why you'd even WANT to ride it, as bad a shape as it's in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Allan View Post
    Nothing personal, but your idea of perfect differs from mine.

I rolled down to the upper trailhead of the FDLT, saw this in the first 100' and turned around. I'm sure it wasn't like this everywhere, but I'm guessing from looking at the two bikes that passed me as I headed back out to the road that there were many more spots that looked like this. I rolled down to one of the side entrances to FDLT and rode down to Culvert via Connector which was in good shape. A few bad places will be persistent on FDLT. I ended up riding over to Mammoth Bar and did two laps of Stonewall/Rocky and one of Eastside. Not what I planned and I know that's not a ride everyone can or wants to do, but it was a better choice today. Finished out with Confluence which was in great shape and back up to the Divide on Connector. Rolled the pavement up Foresthill Rd. back home for a nice 40 mile 6000' day.

FYI. Mammoth Bar trails are certainly more "interesting". No motos and lots of water have changed the shape of those trail for sure. Good times!
    Well considering what I rode things were perfect. Confluence was dry almost everywhere, Lake Clementine was wet but not muddy, stage coach had its spots and squirrel trail was dry. I knew what trails would be bad so I avoided them. Yes water pools in places but that doesnt mean the whole trail is bad.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Well considering what I rode things were perfect. Confluence was dry almost everywhere, Lake Clementine was wet but not muddy, stage coach had its spots and squirrel trail was dry. I knew what trails would be bad so I avoided them. Yes water pools in places but that doesnt mean the whole trail is bad.
    No worries, like I said, nothing personal. You said you rode the Divide, I don't consider any of those trails on the divide. And like you said, some of those trails are in good shape.

Brand Ambassador SuperModerator
    I was in a large (14 or so) group. We did Driver's Flat to boulders but decided against riding Culvert due to reports on Friday of it still being trashed. We took Shortcut to Stonewall to Confluence then bailed for beer. There were soooo many people hiking Confluence at 1:00pm.

FHDL-Connector update!

The nasty rut near the end of FHDL near Connector has been cleansed and ceases to be. It is now 100% smoothed over. I sorta liked the rut. Added a bit of challenge and I rather enjoy smelling the bushes up close when I get careless. haha

Central NorCal trail conditions (Auburn, Salmon Falls, GBay, etc)?-10620161850.jpg

mtbr member
    They all said "we dont ride up hills."
    Bay Area Strava Team And Rad Society
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Central NorCal trail conditions (Auburn, Salmon Falls, GBay, etc)?-pinkbike-strava-team.jpg  

A few were on full DH bikes.
    Is this your idea of a DH bike?
    Central NorCal trail conditions (Auburn, Salmon Falls, GBay, etc)?-s1600_20160606_173310.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    FHDL-Connector update!

The nasty rut near the end of FHDL near Connector has been cleansed and ceases to be. It is now 100% smoothed over. I sorta liked the rut. Added a bit of challenge and I rather enjoy smelling the bushes up close when I get careless. haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10620161850.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	1118650
    That's funny, I was actually glad it was fixed because I always hate that dam thing. Forget it every time! I figured a few wouldn't be happy though.
    2016 Fuji Grand Fondo Classico 1.3
    2016 Ridley X Trail
    2013 Mount Vision XM6

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Is this your idea of a DH bike?

Name:	s1600_20160606_173310.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	1118659
    Definitely not. Thats a good looking rig.

mtbr member
    Here's Rockville from last Friday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gmREwKaZ_A
    *A lot was still closed. Otherwise it wasn't bad.

And Auburn from Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO-szyw2dB8
    The normal trails were in good condition, but the OHV stuff was super wet/muddy.

A picture of the fixed rut on FHDL. I don't blame you if you don't even recognize the spot now.
    Central NorCal trail conditions (Auburn, Salmon Falls, GBay, etc)?-img_7211.jpg

mtbr member
    That's awesome! Any plans to do the same to the Flood Trail? The twisty section through the manzanita used to be so much more fun until it got so rutted out!!!

*Also is there a calendar I can look at for trail days up there? I definitely need to do some volunteer work. I ride there all the time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    That's awesome! Any plans to do the same to the Flood Trail? The twisty section through the manzanita used to be so much more fun until it got so rutted out!!!

*Also is there a calendar I can look at for trail days up there? I definitely need to do some volunteer work. I ride there all the time.
    What I love that rut on flood its so sketchy.

mtbr member
    I'm usually anti flow and pro chunk, but I really liked that section when it was more flowy. You had the chunky spot at the beginning, then the jump that headed into the flowy section. I liked it because you'd be going so fast I felt like a storm trooper jetting through the woods on the speeder bikes. Then it was chunky again at the end right about where Mossy rock comes in. It seems like the chunky end spot has level out some though. The last time I rode through there is was a lot more mellow than it was a few years back.

huck to flat
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeontrail View Post
    I think there were only 2 or 3 large ones down and few that have already been cleared with a chain saw.

The ruts on MM have grown substantially, but someone has been doing work on the trail and cleared a few large trees. Big ups to them!
    hmmm there's a new ride (or hike for most) in Disneyland too.

mtbr member

ElDoCo

Central NorCal trail conditions (Auburn, Salmon Falls, GBay, etc)?-img_0500.jpgLittle red riding hoody. Dirt was Bone Thuggs. First of the month.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post

Name:	IMG_0500.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	1119198Little red riding hoody. Dirt was Bone Thuggs. First of the month.
    What did you think of the new bits above that section?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Those look like some some sessionable jumps, where is this!? Perfect for someone who wants to get more comfy with them (ie Me)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by f0nz0 View Post
    Those look like some some sessionable jumps, where is this!? Perfect for someone who wants to get more comfy with them (ie Me)

Those 3 are small. In the section above this there is a fun sessionable line to get more comfortable with gaps. Are you in the EDH area?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Dope, not in edh, live in sac, close enough.., been going to skunk hollow this month just to keep legs spinning, takes my about 25 or so min to get there

mtbr member
    Look up The Penis Mightier and Snazzlejets on segment explorer on Strava. Its just a small neighborhood trail but there is a bunch of good riding you can link together with mixed terrain through out EDH, Cameron Park, and Folsom.
    We call is the Urban Assault Ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    What did you think of the new bits above that section?
    If its the jumps you're referencing I hit the first new one but the second new one I took the left side. Wasn't sure if the right side booter was complete with a landing and didn't have time to go back. It looks great! Lmk if I can help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B1KER View Post
    I'm usually anti flow and pro chunk, but I really liked that section when it was more flawy. You had the chunky spot at the beginning, then the jump that headed into the flowy section. I liked it because you'd be going so fast I felt like a storm trooper jetting through the woods on the speeder bikes. Then it was chunky again at the end right about where Mossy rock comes in. It seems like the chunky end spot has level out some though. The last time I rode through there is was a lot more mellow than it was a few years back.
    By you explaining it like that I feel like I have been riding a bike the wrong way for the last 20 years. I need to get on your level lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by f0nz0 View Post
    Yeah the small jumps in the photo are, well, small. I had to capture the sunset somewhere :-)

Those 3 are small. In the section above this there is a fun sessionable line to get more comfortable with gaps. Are you in the EDH area?
    Yep, perfect area for this. I've got some stuff brewing too Shig i'll show ya after the dirt dries up a bit :-)

mtbr member
    Look up The Penis Mightier and Snazzlejets on segment explorer on Strava. Its just a small neighborhood trail but there is a bunch of good riding you can link together with mixed terrain through out EDH, Cameron Park, and Folsom.
    We call is the Urban Assault Ride.
    Indeed - I'd love to join in any future group GUARs. I'm really enjoying some of our local goods.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post
    Indeed - I'd love to join in any future group GUARs. I'm really enjoying some of our local goods.
    Me too. Have been forced to find local road routes with dirt sections with this weather.

mtbr member
    By you explaining it like that I feel like I have been riding a bike the wrong way for the last 20 years. I need to get on your level lol
    LOL, I just said it felt that way. I was probably only going 5mph. Sorta like seeing the five feet of air you felt like you got on video.....and it was more like 5 inches.

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Anyone with a report on loop and connector trail conditions today ( sunday)? Not supposed to rain til around 4. Too wet to ride from thursday and friday rain?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Same question for salmon falls...

mtbr member
    rode it yesterday lots of pooling on the doubletracks, every low spot you know that holds water is a soupy mess. Luckily the trail has good run off so overall not too too bad.

mtbr member
    Just rode it a bit. Flagstaff and Disney are running great. Darrington is as bad as I've seen it but still very rideable. No peanut butter but plenty of mud and water.

mtbr member
    Anyone got info on Auburn? Whats good and bad. I have heard there are lots of slides that have closed trails

mtbr member
    I'm planning on headed up today. Can post later.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Bumping this up for a possible ride tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Disney area of SF is good. Heard cronan is decent.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Auburn recommendation please...

mtbr member
    I rode Sweetwater and Salmon Falls today. Sweetwater was in good condition. Salmon Falls was good until about the big meadow. We cleared about 4-5 trees off the two trails. There are a few that are in need of a chainsaw. One on SW and if I remember right 2-3 on SF. There were some mud spots that need to be walked around because it's basically a complete nogo to ride through.

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I rode connector today..perfect. The parking lot ( lower ) at the begining of FHDL was full at 1030 am. Lots of riders and lots of hikers...very little spots of mud.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast