mtbr member
    Feb 2007

CCCX XC #4 - Saturday, Toro Park CANCELLED

About Us

They were hoping the rain could come in Saturday afternoon but now it looks like a sure thing all day, rain that is

Good call, I was reading his update the other day about how these are special trails not normally open for biking so I figured it wouldn't be the best idea to bike on them in the rain and ruin them. Wouldn't leave a good impression would it?

So no CCCX XC tomorrow, Saturday.
    Berkeley Bicycle Club (BBC) - http://berkeleybike.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    CCCX Super D #7 will most likely not resume until after the Sea Otter as well..

Too bad XC was cancelled, because yeah, Toro trails are usually illegal unless taped off and monitored by marshalls. I was up in Toro yesterday and saw the XC track.. Definitely looked funner than overly flat Fort Ord.. Lot's of climbing with some fun, fast descending..
    No-Doubt..!
    - .... . / .. -.. .. --- - ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ...- . .-.

One by Nine is Fine
    Tough call, respect goes out to whoever had to make it. My personal guess, worth every cent you paid for it, is that rain won't soak that northwest-facing slope till afternoon. But I can't say I would've decided differently if I was reponsible for a couple hundred racers AND answerable to nervous park management.