CCCX XC #4 - Saturday, Toro Park CANCELLED
They were hoping the rain could come in Saturday afternoon but now it looks like a sure thing all day, rain that is
Good call, I was reading his update the other day about how these are special trails not normally open for biking so I figured it wouldn't be the best idea to bike on them in the rain and ruin them. Wouldn't leave a good impression would it?
So no CCCX XC tomorrow, Saturday.
CCCX Super D #7 will most likely not resume until after the Sea Otter as well..
Too bad XC was cancelled, because yeah, Toro trails are usually illegal unless taped off and monitored by marshalls. I was up in Toro yesterday and saw the XC track.. Definitely looked funner than overly flat Fort Ord.. Lot's of climbing with some fun, fast descending..
Tough call, respect goes out to whoever had to make it. My personal guess, worth every cent you paid for it, is that rain won't soak that northwest-facing slope till afternoon. But I can't say I would've decided differently if I was reponsible for a couple hundred racers AND answerable to nervous park management.