• 03-28-2007
    mrpercussive
    CCCX Saturday, Sunday (edit)... who's going?
    ANyone?
  • 03-28-2007
    Velodromed
    Cccx #5
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    ANyone?

Yup, first race 'o the year for me. From all the posts, Toro sounds like a fun course. Tire recomendations anyone? Not brand name- just should I run my fatties or skinnies?
    Doug:thumbsup:
  • 03-28-2007
    mrpercussive
    i dunno... gonna be my first race ever... I heard the course is more of a Super D though... not really DH... a lot of pedaling and smoother then Sea Otter... lol I think running 2.35 Minions should be fine for the day...
  • 03-28-2007
    Killroy
    Going, yup.
  • 03-28-2007
    francois
    I'm there! Singlespeed sport represent.

fc
  • 03-28-2007
    paintballeerXC
    hey everyone he talk about DH, just to let u know, most ppl think XC, im going to be there rocken the AS-X, and rogue shirt, say hi . i will also be listen to music on the climb up o and rocken some sweet sun shades
  • 03-28-2007
    mrpercussive
    hahaha... yea.... i'm talking about the DH... but it's all good. If you guys are there for other events, i'll be sure to say hi anyways... lol. Looks like i finally get to meet the paintballer? lol
  • 03-28-2007
    paintballeerXC
    Quote:

hahaha... yea.... i'm talking about the DH... but it's all good. If you guys are there for other events, i'll be sure to say hi anyways... lol. Looks like i finally get to meet the paintballer? lol

o ya, but the XC races are in a different part of the park, i think, never seen there races at the same places as ares
  • 03-28-2007
    morganfletcher
    Hey Francis, see you at the xc race. I'll be in the cyclesports / team oakland jersey, probably on a red blur. I think I'm racing sport 35+.

I'd do the dh, but then I'd win so hard that everyone'd be devastated and they'd cry and they'd have to have another race for everyone else special olympics style. Cause I totally slay. So I'll just do the xc.

Morgan
  • 03-29-2007
    DennistheMennis
    Uh, you talking about CCCX#5? If so...
    ...it's Saturday. At least that's what their website sez:

http://www.cccx.org/mtb/2007/

Let me know if I got this wrong. If not, I should see youse Saturday!
  • 03-29-2007
    bikerbert
    I'm staging my return to fat tire racing on Saturday, Sport 35+. It will be good to see you again Morgan!
  • 03-29-2007
    Plim
    Quote:

ANyone?

You had it right the first time. The DH is Sunday.

http://www.cccx.org/dh/2007/

XC is Saturday. http://www.cccx.org/mtb/2007/

Quote:

Originally Posted by morganfletcher
    I'd do the dh, but then I'd win so hard that everyone'd be devastated and they'd cry and they'd have to have another race for everyone else special olympics style. Cause I totally slay.

Nuh-uh.

I'm hella faster than you at downhill, ridin' my front suspension (100mm BAYBEE!!) with my spandex shorts all halfway down my bum gangsta-style, all making everyone just go home 'cause they're too slow and making all the girls scream 'cause they saw part of my bum and want to see more.
  • 03-29-2007
    mrpercussive
    who edited the topic??? I MEANT SUNDAY!!! CCCX DH!!! lol
  • 03-29-2007
    datenschwanz
    i'm there for the xC on sat.
  • 03-29-2007
    sashax
    I will be there, assuming transport works out. Sport 35+ like everybody else, riding a really small Anthem.
  • 03-29-2007
    Rumpfy
    I'll be there to hold it down for the vintage in Sport 19-35 XC.
  • 03-29-2007
    jeffh
    Yes Carmen and I will be there also.

We will see if we learned anything from HCW that we can use at Toro
  • 03-29-2007
    Plim
    Quote:

who edited the topic??? I MEANT SUNDAY!!! CCCX DH!!! lol

Hah-hah! (In Nelson voice.)

The mods threadjacked you. Time to start another thread for DH, methinks.
  • 03-29-2007
    paintballeerXC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DennistheMennis
    ...it's Saturday. At least that's what their website sez:

http://www.cccx.org/mtb/2007/

Let me know if I got this wrong. If not, I should see youse Saturday!

Sunday, see mrpercusive this is what happens when you leave it open ended topics in the Nor CAl forum, they go XC!!!!!!!!! jk, but ya im there on sunday
  • 03-29-2007
    mrpercussive
    sigh... got problems now... bart doesnt run early enough for me to get to CV to get a ride to CCCX sunday... anyone mind picking me up or something???
  • 03-29-2007
    ninjaboot
    There is going to be a Fresno delegation. About 4 or 5 going to race xc. See you all there, wave to the guys in spatdog green as you pass by.
  • 03-29-2007
    Sabine
    I'm going. Just haven't figured out what I am racing yet. Actually since Francis is doing the ss, I think I'll opt out of that. I'm not ready to battle him yet.

Michael is coming to race too. His once a year mtb race.

Sabine
  • 03-29-2007
    francois
    Quote:

Originally Posted by morganfletcher
    Hey Francis, see you at the xc race. I'll be in the cyclesports / team oakland jersey, probably on a red blur. I think I'm racing sport 35+.

I'd do the dh, but then I'd win so hard that everyone'd be devastated and they'd cry and they'd have to have another race for everyone else special olympics style. Cause I totally slay. So I'll just do the xc.

Morgan

See you there. I'll be in the roadbikereview jersey.

fc
  • 03-29-2007
    francois
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabine
    I'm going. Just haven't figured out what I am racing yet. Actually since Francis is doing the ss, I think I'll opt out of that. I'm not ready to battle him yet.

Michael is coming to race too. His once a year mtb race.

Sabine

There's an opening in SS expert for you. hee-hah.

fc
  • 03-31-2007
    francois
    Dang, that was a fun event. How did y'all do?

Saw so many friends!! A lot of them crashed though but none too badly.

francois