mtbr member

CCCX Fort Ord course?

Anyone know where to find the course maps for the CCCX XC races held at Fort Ord or Toro Park? I'll be in Monterey next week and wanted to pre-ride a course to see if I cared to enter one of the series races. I looked on the CCCX page at: http://www.cccxcycling.com/mtbxc.html but couldn't find it.

Bonus points for GPS files

Thanks in advance.
    -b

MTB skillz = NADA
    I'm interested in the XC course....I'm thinking about racing one of these in June.
    Since I don't like writing, I don't have a blog to pimp. This space for rent.

mtbr member
    The CCCX races I've done have been out in the general direction of 8th and Giggling. The courses themselves seem to change from race to race.

aka dan51
    The course is never/rarely the same. The trails are such a maze that they can be switched up easily. They are usually marked the day before the race. If you can find some GPS tracks, follow them to get a feel for what the course is like. They are usually about 80 or more singletrack with no long climbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    The course is never/rarely the same.
    How about the start point?

Thanks for the help so far

mtbr member
    it starts from the road and continues onto the dirt. If you park at the end of the road there is a big parking lot on the left. The course always goes around the parking lot.

Come on down and race, you will have a lot of fun and the party during and after is always a good time.

mtbr member
    I have loaded up my races onto garmin connect and I know quite a few others have as well.

Just go to www.garminconnect.com then change map to Fort Ord, CA

Then center map on Giggling and Watson intersection and search again. Lots of GPS of race and other rides will pop up. If you have hard time PM me and I help you out.

Just be ready for a sufferfest...there is very little resting on these laps...Lots of fun but also lots of suffering
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option