mtbr member
    Jun 2005

CCCX #4 Pictures, if your interested

If your interested, I just finished posting all of my photos from the last CCCX DH race from last Sunday (11/25/07). Nice day, people, weather, and course. Toro really needs some rain , as the photo shows

The rest are at:

http://bikeguy.smugmug.com/2007%20Fa...Races/417795\\

The Edited folder has at least one photo of each racer, while the other folders are all the photos I took arranged by plate number if I could see the number. Please feel free to use for your personal use.

If you want a specific photo, email me and I'll see what I can do.

Regards
    Rick

Thanks Rick... You've got some great pics. I had a great practice run and even better race.... until I took that last tough right way faster than i could manage. My dirt nap lasted just long enough to put me DFL in my class.

thanks for posting the pics!

ballbuster

Sweet

I've been thinking of trying out this race in SS or Hardtail class. FWIH, its DH, but a pedaling DH course. Is that right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    where is this race held? some place I can get info for 08 races, looks like a fun course. The kids & I would like to try it. any info would be great. thanx....................

dude with orange car
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    Thanks Rick... You've got some great pics. I had a great practice run and even better race.... until I took that last tough right way faster than i could manage. My dirt nap lasted just long enough to put me DFL in my class.
    Excellent shirt.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

mtbr member
    Velo> What helmet is that? Diggin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin G
    Velo> What helmet is that? Diggin' it.
    661 Carbon. it's a couple years old now. It's nice and light and a couple of blows away from being replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Plim
    Excellent shirt.
    hella representin' the five and dime... even though I don't live there anymore.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skip canfield
    where is this race held? some place I can get info for 08 races, looks like a fun course. The kids & I would like to try it. any info would be great. thanx....................
    Skip: go to www.cccx.org for more info. This is a great kids course (everything is rollable) but can challenge you if you go too fast. Very low key races with most people having a lot of fun.

Regards
    Rick

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    I've been thinking of trying out this race in SS or Hardtail class. FWIH, its DH, but a pedaling DH course. Is that right?
    Every course I've been at at at least one little uphill section and all the fastest riders are pedaling the course. My kid just started racing the hardtail (from FS) and seems to like it.

Regards
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    The course changes, but yeah... all the courses are pedally. It's a lot of fun, great atmosphere and the courses are fast with tricky corners, but nothing to get you airborne. Great for a hardtail... even better on a DS bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RickR
    Skip: go to www.cccx.org for more info. This is a great kids course (everything is rollable) but can challenge you if you go too fast. Very low key races with most people having a lot of fun.

Regards
    Rick
    thanks Rick, I'll keep tabs on this and try and get down there in the spring, hopefully I'll be healed by then - back surgery.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus
    The course changes, but yeah... all the courses are pedally. It's a lot of fun, great atmosphere and the courses are fast with tricky corners, but nothing to get you airborne. Great for a hardtail... even better on a DS bike
    Here is another photo of you (nice shirt by the way). Do you always race Hawaiian ?

Regards
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RickR
    Here is another photo of you (nice shirt by the way). Do you always race Hawaiian ?

Regards
    Rick
    Always. I need to get some new shirts though.