Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i think i got the PO too.

thanks for the great pics dan. I think ill be joining you in beginner next time

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by rox
    i think i got the PO too.

thanks for the great pics dan. I think ill be joining you in beginner next time
    hmmm, I was thinking of going to Sport just so I could get in more miles.
    I saw you were DNF, what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

MTB skillz = NADA
    Ticks and PO at Ord. Ugh! I have already gotten the ticks from there, but no PO....yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Funny to hear all the Bay Area City Slickers gettin in the PO and not realizing it. Damn, read your Outdoor Field Guide your wife/partner put in your stocking over the holidays. You are a mountain biker now, there are dangerous things out there.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    usually during a race you are concentrating on a lot of things, and what kind of branches are sticking out on the side of the trail just isnt one of them.

MTB skillz = NADA
    usually during a race you are concentrating on a lot of things, and what kind of branches are sticking out on the side of the trail just isnt one of them.
    As much as I go plowing through shrubbery in Ft. Ord, I am surprised that I haven't come down with a bad case of Poison Oak.

Actually, I've never had PO, but as a kid I was always wrapped up with nasty cases of Poison Ivy (on the East Coast). It's a whole different bunch of crap that I have too look out for on the West Coast...Poison Oak..Mountain Lions...Coyotes...Mountain Lions...hippies...Mountain Lions.

aka dan51
    Yeah, I don't recall ever even thinking about PO during the race, despite having gotten in many times from that area. Now I have it on my arms and legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Dokie
    3rd in 35-44 Sport.

Stayed with eventual winner for most of first lap. Him pulling away a bit on climbs and I catching up on flats and descents, However when I started to get numbness around my lips I figured I better back off and hope he slowed down later. He didnt.

Was trying to motivate self to go faster when guy who got second passed me. I just couldnt get up the gumption to chase him (my big mistake).

After that just motored along with a single speeder motivating each other until the end.

All in all a fun race...though i was a bit tired coming into it. Average HR was 182 which I was not to happy with Wont make next one but hopefully the one after that.
    Congrats Eric, way to go in the race and it was good seeing you out at trailwerks on superbowl sunday.
    Trance X2, random build Sette Shadow, S&M Sabbath flatlander, Mongoose bmx racer, Schwinn World roadie.

formerly Gobike69
    Quote Originally Posted by singletracktourist
    Funny to hear all the Bay Area City Slickers gettin in the PO and not realizing it. Damn, read your Outdoor Field Guide your wife/partner put in your stocking over the holidays. You are a mountain biker now, there are dangerous things out there.
    Spoken like a true Fred. Next time I'll slow down and look for the Oak or maybe you can come out of the backwoods and show it to me
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I had a fun day! I won beginner series last year so I moved up to Sport 19-34 and expected to be dead last but I ended up 6th out of 12, 6 minutes behind the leader at 1 hour 33 minutes.

Great trail conditions and weather! Finished the day in Santa Cruz eating at Kiantis with the girlfriend for Valentine's Day. So everyone was happy by end of the day. I got to race and gf got to eat for free

See you guys in 2 weeks.

mtbr member
    Nice stalking NoBalance.

NedwannaB

Nice job Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by schnapmaster
    Wow! We got lucky today and had perfect conditions at Fort Ord. Great course and good times. I saw more hardtail 29ers than ever! Perfect bike for this area, though Alex from Rock Lobster was tearing it up on his CX bike!
    Read my report here:
    http://summitcallup.ning.com/profile...ccx-1-fort-ord
    When do the summer crits get under way??
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    Yeah, I don't recall ever even thinking about PO during the race, despite having gotten in many times from that area. Now I have it on my arms and legs.
    He, he... as BigDaddio succinctly put it... It's a dammmm race!

This is a constant and serious problem at cccx as the racing line always goes though those fresh oak shoots.

You guys treat your oak seriously now. Do not scratch and go to the doctor if it's in your bloodstream and popping up everywhere. The early season oak is always potent.

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Sorry I missed this, but then again, I haven't been riding, so my first sport race is going to hurt. lol Good job Eric! 3rd in sport. Very cool. I hope to see you all again this year. - pete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2