banned

The Cannell Plunge - Kernville CA on Sunday or Monday???

My wife and I are heading to Cali this coming weekend and would love to ride the The Cannell Plunge - Kernville CA. They say they need at least six riders to make the shuttle work and I was wondering if anyone has this ride on their Bucket List and would be interested in riding on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday? Let me know if anyone is interested riding one of those three days.

Trail Doc

banned
    No takers yet?

mtbr member
    The guys (and gals) at Mountain River Adventures are super. I would imagine they'll be running a shuttle up those days for other clients and they'd work with you to get you on board. I'm told there are several local guys who do ad hoc shuttles for cash...but I don't know the best way to find them - local bar maybe? LOL.

mtbr member
    Pretty hot down there right now.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I've wanted to ride there for a while. However, that trail is quite a distance from NorCal (outside Bakersfield). You may want to post in the SoCal forum. Based on your post, I am assuming you are not from Cali. Enjoy the trip if you go!

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    My wife and I are heading to Cali this coming weekend and would love to ride the The Cannell Plunge - Kernville CA. They say they need at least six riders to make the shuttle work and I was wondering if anyone has this ride on their Bucket List and would be interested in riding on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday? Let me know if anyone is interested riding one of those three days.

Trail Doc
    https://www.facebook.com/seqmtnadv

My friend Shidan runs Sequoia Mountain Adventures and has a Forest Service permit to run shuttles out of the Camp Nelson area. After your Plunge run and the heat runs you out of Kernville contact Shidan and get out of the heat. Camp Nelson trail is very nice. Freeman Creek Trail is closed right now due to the George Fire. There is other stuff to ride up there but you will need local beta. Not many places you can legally ride among the giants. Excellent camping at Quacking Aspens and Summit Trail goes right thru.

Sorry to read about your problems in Sedona.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Cannell Plunge - Kernville CA on Sunday or Monday???-dsc01006.jpg  

Is now still the time?
    Hi TD,

Pretty sure you will have had a wonderful descent down the Plunge by now. I truly appreciate the work you do. Thanks. Hope you can do the Camp Nelson Trail. My favorite is Badger.

Jim Donnelly enters rehab...
    SOrCerer

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/seqmtnadv

My friend Shidan runs Sequoia Mountain Adventures and has a Forest Service permit to run shuttles out of the Camp Nelson area. After your Plunge run and the heat runs you out of Kernville contact Shidan and get out of the heat. Camp Nelson trail is very nice. Freeman Creek Trail is closed right now due to the George Fire. There is other stuff to ride up there but you will need local beta. Not many places you can legally ride among the giants. Excellent camping at Quacking Aspens and Summit Trail goes right thru.

Sorry to read about your problems in Sedona.....
    d:

We are still in Flag and will be heading to Cali tomorrow if I can get to new coach batteries. Thanks for the kind words. I think the next five months could be pretty cool and I will have Jennifer to thank for that. If I was still in Sedona working for the FS it would be hot and I wouldn't get to visit all the cool places over the horizon.

Is it very difficult to find others who might be self-shuttling the Plunge?

TD