Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Calories in, Calories Out - STCP Newbie Ride

Back by popular (?) demand: it's the STCP Newbie Ride!

VERY chill pace for those wanting to explore the park a little. Nothing too drastic, but we will hit the lighter trails of STCP. Including Fortini, Mine Trail, Pueblo, Bernal Loop, Ohlone, Stile Ranch (Dark Side).

If the group feels up to it, we can try to tackle Coyote Peak climb, but it's a bit of a grinder, and we'll have to look at the fitness levels of all. LOTS of stops, reviewing of lines (if people are curious), braking points, shifting points, etc.

I'm going to avoid RR on this ride.

Again, I would like as many new riders to come. The loop will only be about 1,000 of elevation gain, and we will have plenty of breaks for people to catch their breath.

I'd like a large group, so let's figure out a day to make this happen with the best turn-out.

Puro Vida!
    I'm in-I haven't ridden in 3 weeks which sucks and I'm sure I'm gonna show it on my climbing-

Puro Vida!
    Oh thought this was for this Sunday-

mtbr member
    I never been there. How many miles? I don't mind the social pace, I'll bring the SS. Just wondering if its worth the 48 miles from East Bay?
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

-Joe Louis

Puro Vida!
    So it's worth it if a big group goes and you like to laugh as your riding-it is a 'social' group-it was something i looked forward to on Sundays til Dion dropped the ball-anyways-that is a bit of a drive though-may not be worth it for STP.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    Oh thought this was for this Sunday-
    It can be for Sunday, as long as we get enough people. Otherwise, we'll just make it a regular TSP ride and not a newbie ride.

Puro Vida!
    I wanna ride-I gonna be slow though-wait-I always am! Happy thanksgiving everyone!

mtbr member
    Where would people meet up? If I can figure out a way to get my bike from Santa Cruz down there I'd like to come ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Harry Rd. and Camden Rd. Intersection in Almaden (San Jose).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouseTech View Post
    Where would people meet up? If I can figure out a way to get my bike from Santa Cruz down there I'd like to come ride.
    You're trading Santa Cruz trails for STCP?!? Although Stiles and Rocky Ridge are GREAT FUN!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    It can be for Sunday, as long as we get enough people. Otherwise, we'll just make it a regular TSP ride and not a newbie ride.
    no more Sunday Mass?

Puro Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by tosa View Post
    You're trading Santa Cruz trails for STCP?!? Although Stiles and Rocky Ridge are GREAT FUN!
    Yeah but he has these near by all the time and he's heard about the great TSP! It's not just the ride-it's the people! He wants to venture and say done that been there-cause lets face it-TSP is no SC-

Puro Vida!
    And yeah Dion stop spending so much time on YouTube and Facebook and start leading some rides again for Tosa's sake. Otherwise Leopold will have to step up and we move to Kennedy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tosa View Post
    Never ridden STCP so I don't know what it has to offer.

Also I haven't ridden with anyone other than my gf on slower rides since moving here two months ago. I used to have a few people in the East Bay to ride with but now I don't live around there anymore.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    ...have to step up and we move to K***edy!
    You said the "K" word. Don't ever use that language when I'm present. EVER!!!!

WE don't say the "K" word, okay? I want to be very clear on that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913 View Post
    I never been there. How many miles? I don't mind the social pace, I'll bring the SS. Just wondering if its worth the 48 miles from East Bay?
    If you want to carpool on Sunday, I'm in Fremont. STP is worth hitting up. I'm wanting to tackle the no dap climb on RR.

NONDURO
    So, this sounds like what the Team Social Pace™ rides used to be like a year ago or so. A year on now, several of the “slow TSP guys” have become Cat2 and Cat3 XC racers. Team Social Pace rides, taken in succession, can make you faster. That’s the only conclusion I can come up with.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

NONDURO
    Otherwise Leopold will have to step up and we move to Kennedy!
    Nah, I left my heart in Stile Ranch Trail and Rocky Ridge, especially having recently (finally!) completed a no-dabs up Rocky Ridge on the least likely bike choice.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbay Bomber View Post
    If you want to carpool on Sunday, I'm in Fremont. STP is worth hitting up. I'm wanting to tackle the no dap climb on RR.
    union city here ready to carpool - have a truck that will bus 4 +bikes. Itching to get out to these places im reading about online

keithsta12@yahoo

thx

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    There it is! SUNDAY 25th, 10:00am, meet at the corner of Harry Rd. and Camden Ave. We'll assess the fitness/skill level of all and take it from there!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Why don't you guys start on the ST side of the park and then climb up Joyce...? that initial part after the flats of Norred gets the heart pumping, then circle the park via Mine Trail and on up Hidden Springs to the tower....

Then it's all downhill from there Either RR or scream back down Hidden Springs... though I've never descended Boundary...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Because it's a newbie ride and we don't want to kill 'em on the first climb.

Weird huh?
    Not to rub it in but you missed a great one this morning Dion. Crystal clear, not too cold at the start, maybe not as big a turnout as last year, but still fun.

I'd kinda like to do the Sunday ST ride. Not going to know until Sat afternoon as a few of us are doing an epoch cyclocross run. Cheers!
    And don't do the burrito jump... Francois

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    Not to rub it in but you missed a great one this morning Dion. Crystal clear, not too cold at the start, maybe not as big a turnout as last year, but still fun.

I'd kinda like to do the Sunday ST ride. Not going to know until Sat afternoon as a few of us are doing an epoch cyclocross run. Cheers!
    I know!

I had to run around and doing some finishing up before the in-laws showed. I'm sure I will enjoy the pics, though!

Yes, come on by! It'll be chill.

Wēk Sôs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Because it's a newbie ride and we don't want to kill 'em on the first climb.
    I'm not quite a newbie, but that climb would kill me too. I think it's 2nd only to Boundary, due to the length and steepness.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast