Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yeah, sorry I missed you guys. For some reason I was thinking the meeting place was on Mines trail parking, but then realized that you were meeting all the way on the Mines trail side. Stll had a good ride.

Saw a rider on a black/white camber. he said he saw you going up Stiles. I thought this was a newbie ride.

Anyway, I came up Joice to norred to Mine to Hidden springs. Then counter-clockwise around Ridge, Ohlone trail and back up Hidden springs. Then down Stiles and back up Fortini up mine and out to Bernal HIll loop and back home. Strangely the ST side was much wetter than the Almaden side. Going down Ridge was pretty slick and my tires got packed up. But bombing down Stiles cleaned them out nicely.

Kinda strange I can hardly bend over to tie my shoes, but I can still do anything on the MTB with just mild discomfort. I guess adrenaline and endorphins are my friends.

Thanks Stripes, but I think I'm mid-pack at best with this group.I haven't had the pleasure of seeing/riding with them yet, But I hear some of them wear spandex on their MTB's. I'm not fast enough to wear spandex

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRguy View Post
    I thought this was a newbie ride.

Strangely the ST side was much wetter than the Almaden side. Going down Ridge was pretty slick and my tires got packed up. But bombing down Stiles cleaned them out nicely.
    I don't think any newbies showed up. Ridge was slick mid week (the same day as the rain), and very soft, I'm surprised it didn't dry off for the weekend.

mtbr member
    Dion needs to set up a new RR-no-dabs-after-the-rain-and-in-the-fog challenge! And who put the cheater line in?

Wish Trail Head had a demo day during these challenging conditions

mtbr member
    damn I missed another STCP ride

one of these days I'd love to ride with you guys!
    "It's not about the bike"

Puro Vida!
    With rain expected tomorrow and Saturday-leaves really few choices to ride this weekend. If I get out Saturday may be road or KENNEDY. Sunday will probably be the same options-except Saturday is supposed to be raining in the A.M..

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Supposed to be raining throughout the weekend. Was planning to go to STCP again this weekend. And my replacement part is supposed to be arriving today. Bike will be RTG but won't be able to ride!
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

Puro Vida!
    If rain comes down the way they're predicting-STP will be closed for business-

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    If rain comes down the way they're predicting-STP will be closed for business-
    Come out to Kennedy Sunday morning with The Ancient Rascal and me. Around 9:00-9:30ish in the AM, meetup at Kennedy@Top-O-The-Hill. It might not be raining.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Puro Vida!
    Ill be there-fat bike and all! May try to sneak out there maana too-well see.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    STCP will definitely be closed because of this rain - and rightfully so. I ask all to respect the trail closures and DO NOT ride these trails after a down pour. The rangers do a great job at assessing the conditions of the trails, and horses and bikes will absolutely destroy them. STCP is mostly clay, and putting a tire rut stays that way for a while once it dries. I want to repair some of the areas that need it - but I don't know if I can just go out there without permission. Stile Ranch is going to be awful.

I may take the 29'er out to Nisene tomorrow. Or hell may freeze over and I may do the "K" word - but Nisene just sounds so much better.

PRETENDURO
    Ill be there-fat bike and all!
    Super-awesome-oh!!! Ill be on my fatbike as well.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Come out to Kennedy Sunday morning with The Ancient Rascal and me. Around 9:00-9:30ish in the AM, meetup at Kennedy@Top-O-The-Hill. It might not be raining.
    Ill be there-fat bike and all! May try to sneak out there maana too-well see.
    Weather gal say's next significant rain not until late Sunday. 10 minutes later she say's next significant rain Saturday night. I think it would be silly to try to ride this weekend. C U guy's on ur "Tractors" this weekend ! PS Nelson your "Turkey day" social pace enabled me to be primed for a killer run on Friday. LP and I will dish out the appropriate serving of well deserved misery for your riding pleasure on Sunday!
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

Wēk Ss
    It's going to be muddy out there after so much rain.

Puro Vida!
    Oh I'm sure you guys will-I must like the pain! I will get faster! I will get faster!

Puro Vida!
    Kennedy is usually rideable-I've been out there when its pouring-remember only one other rider out there and he came up to me and said we were both crazy! It was coming down good-I had just set up my Cannondale as a single speed-I was crazy

Puro Vida!
    Plus I have almost 4 inches of rubber to ride on!

Hipster
    Hmm I might break out the singlespeed for this one.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    Hmm I might break out the singlespeed for this one.
    Nice!!! Im bringing my fatbike, but Ill try to keep it in a tough gear (32t ring up front, somewhere between 23 - 17 range for the back).

mtbr member
    Nice!!! Im bringing my fatbike, but Ill try to keep it in a tough gear (32t ring up front, somewhere between 23 - 17 range for the back).
    Do we know if its gonna be raining or not? IAH thinks it might be pouring Sunday morning.

mtbr member
    Isn't 22x34 a tough gear on Kennedy

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by tosa View Post
    No, but a 34x22 could be considered a hard gear.

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Do we know if its gonna be raining or not? IAH thinks it might be pouring Sunday morning.
    'tis what I heard the weather people say around lunchtime today, a number of stations. I'll wait till Sat afternoon to get a better "prediction". Raining buckets, like this morning, would be a real sucky ride. It seems the rain will be lighter on Sat, so they say.

Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by tosa View Post
    Fortunately, I use a 24x30. It's still hard to stay in Zone 2 though.

mtbr member
    No, but a 34x22 could be considered a hard gear.
    On 26' wheels .... 34x22 = 1.54 to 1 and my favorite for Kennedy 32x21 = 1.52 to 1

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I rode today. It was pouring. And boring.

I think I'm going to Nisene tomorrow - but Sunday is definitely going to be pouring.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast