Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    I would have come... but couldn't. Tell me how it goes! Strava people. Wanna see where I stack up.
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

Puro Vida!
    Ok-just got home from Home Depot-gonna get ready then-trails will be open I take it then-

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    figures half of my stuff is still packed :-(

I'm on my way up but i'll be late. maybe I'll catch you guys somewhere

feel free to text me at 650-450-1881

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Waiting for you guys.

Calories in, Calories Out - STCP Newbie Ride-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353866928.248692.jpg

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Take a head count and tell me how many peeps came too. Strava will you?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Rode up hidden springs and I'm at the day use area. No group in site yet. Looking for that yellow stumpy

Sent from my HTC Titan II Winows Phone using Board Express

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Might help if peeps who are joining late post their bikes too. 1 pic = 1k words.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Enduro SL. 2007. Dual crown fork.

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    So something like

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Exactly.... Don't see how to post a pic from my win7 board express app :-/

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I looped around online trail and hidden springs. No sign. Visibility is only 100 yards. See tire tracks from velociraptor rear, minion DHF, and small block 8 or renegade. Having fun solo though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey y'all... sorry we missed you. I was looking out for other riders, but quite honestly I didn't see much out there. Visibility was impossible. Every rider we did see, I slowed down in case they'd recognize my bike . Sorry... I hope your still enjoying it. It is beautiful and foggy out there. Gorgeous day to ride!

Nelson34 and SouthBayBomber showed at 10AM. We waited for about 20min., but then realized it was just going to be us. Here are the pics!

Calories in, Calories Out - STCP Newbie Ride-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353880318.253293.jpg

Calories in, Calories Out - STCP Newbie Ride-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353880327.618759.jpg

Calories in, Calories Out - STCP Newbie Ride-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353880337.484414.jpg

Calories in, Calories Out - STCP Newbie Ride-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353880349.868207.jpg

Calories in, Calories Out - STCP Newbie Ride-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353880358.668118.jpg

I cranked out on "Newton's Folly" and got a PR.

Created a new Strava Segment called "Two Hills". Go at it boys and girls.

Nice meeting you, Rich. Robert... Stay away from my nalgas.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Looks like a great time! Fog looks enchanting. I'm stuck at home... When's the next social-pace ride? Doubt that group of 3 was very exciting (but better than solo or even not riding, for sure!).
    Next time, name it something other than "newbie ride" so you don't scare off the "experienced" riders.

One more thing, what was the ride time start to finish? Strava only tells me "moving time". Or did you really ride 18 miles in 2 hrs including breaks?! I'm in worse shape than I thought.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRguy View Post
    I looped around online trail and hidden springs. No sign. Visibility is only 100 yards. See tire tracks from velociraptor rear, minion DHF, and small block 8 or renegade. Having fun solo though.

Well, you seem decent at tracking tire marks...
    However I'm not sure those be the tires the dion/roberto crew runs.

In another time, with another group... the following happened. Names have been removed to protect the innocent.
    ... The TWATWAFFLE ( Those Who Attempt The Wobbling And Fast Furious Lunar Escapades ) group went... THIS WAY!! IF WE BYPASS them up Ohlone and Joice, then we can head them off at the VISTA LOOP... Or the PASS. IF you're into that sort of thing.

ONWARD!

mtbr member
    Quite a bit of fog but it mange to clear up at the end. Didn't know my way around. Manage to climb up rocky ridge and descended back down to mine and looped around to stile back to harry rd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calories in, Calories Out - STCP Newbie Ride-20121125_144303.jpg  

2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sauprankul View Post
    Looks like a great time! Fog looks enchanting. I'm stuck at home... When's the next social-pace ride? Doubt that group of 3 was very exciting (but better than solo or even not riding, for sure!).
    Next time, name it something other than "newbie ride" so you don't scare off the "experienced" riders.

One more thing, what was the ride time start to finish? Strava only tells me "moving time". Or did you really ride 18 miles in 2 hrs including breaks?! I'm in worse shape than I thought.
    There were a lot of breaks. So elapsed time was like 3:35. 2 hrs. is just moving time.

The experienced riders will come. Leopold, TJ, Marco... every once in awhile P-Marsh, Bogdan, Bassn (and his brother, Craig), a couple guys named John and a few Mike's... we all ride together, even if it's a slower pace. Team Social Pace, man... that's what we are! That's when I turn into a mid-packer, at best.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamSocialPace

We were missing The Brett (Leopold Porkstacker) - or the "Porkstacker Factor".

Wēk SŰs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Nelson34 ... showed at 10AM.

He was on time?

Team Chilidog!
    There were a lot of breaks. So elapsed time was like 3:35. 2 hrs. is just moving time.

The experienced riders will come. Leopold, TJ, Marco... every once in awhile P-Marsh, Bogdan, Bassn (and his brother, Craig), a couple guys named John and a few Mike's... we all ride together, even if it's a slower pace. Team Social Pace, man... that's what we are! That's when I turn into a mid-packer, at best.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamSocialPace

Sorry I couldn't make it. Trying to fight off a cold that hit a 3am which killed the ziplining trip , which I'm hoping will be ok for next week.

If the next social ride is after that, I could make it depending on mud/clay physics.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRguy View Post
    We just moved into our new-to-us house last weekend! We're just two short blocks from the Joyce trail entrance.

I slipped a disc in my back the week before that and I haven't ridden in a month due to fixing this place up so that it's livable and packing/moving from the old apartment. I coud *really* use a newbie pace ride (I'm no record setter to begin with).

If I can get a day-pass from house stuff, I'd love to join you.

I rode up Joyce trail a couple onths ago and it's definitely a lung-buster. Is there a less steep way up from the ST side? Maybe I'll start an hour early so I can catch my breath before we get riding as a group.
    You slipped a disc? Noooo Healing vibes man.

Oh and that comment about you not breaking any records, you lie :P
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    ill catch the next also - had just agreed to a buddies offer to carpool to Skeggs and then was emailed about this ride

good day to ride nonetheless

cheers

NONDURO
    I was there on Saturday with David, Paul, and Marco:
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post

He was on time?
    Iím just disappointed he didnít take his fatbike this time around.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    I was there on Saturday with David, Paul, and Marco:
    Dam bro! now dat is a machine!

Puro Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    I’m just disappointed he didn’t take his fatbike this time around.
    Was gonna but the Pivot needed some riding time-

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast