Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 102
  1. #26
    Puro Vida!
    Reputation: Nelson34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,296
    Alright so whose riding Sunday?

  2. #27
    Puro Vida!
    Reputation: Nelson34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,296
    Oh and I may try my luck at Kennedy again tomorrow-I said it! Kennedy!!!!!!! Or st joes-

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    Oh and I may try my luck at Kennedy again tomorrow-I said it! Kennedy!!!!!!! Or st joes-
    Dude, I thought you were riding with us at STCP?

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    Oh, wait, I thought tomorrow is Sunday.

  5. #30
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Oh, wait, I thought tomorrow is Sunday.
    Ha! Someone else had a long weekend and forgot what day it was!

    Our killer cyclocross run kinda petered out, so a few of us are going to do STCP tomorrow, Saturday.
    Assuming it doesn't kick my hiney too much, I'll be there Sunday!
    Poaching Demo...that's why we can't have nice things...

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ncruz408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    229
    wish I would have seen this sooner... maybe next time.

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by ncruz408 View Post
    wish I would have seen this sooner... maybe next time.
    Cancel whatever you have.

    RIDE.

  8. #33
    rho
    rho is offline
    Captain Pinchflat
    Reputation: rho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,632
    Hmmmm this sounds like it might be a fun ride to bring the cx bike...

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    271

    Just moved in!

    We just moved into our new-to-us house last weekend! We're just two short blocks from the Joyce trail entrance.

    I slipped a disc in my back the week before that and I haven't ridden in a month due to fixing this place up so that it's livable and packing/moving from the old apartment. I coud *really* use a newbie pace ride (I'm no record setter to begin with).

    If I can get a day-pass from house stuff, I'd love to join you.

    I rode up Joyce trail a couple onths ago and it's definitely a lung-buster. Is there a less steep way up from the ST side? Maybe I'll start an hour early so I can catch my breath before we get riding as a group.

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRguy View Post
    We just moved into our new-to-us house last weekend! We're just two short blocks from the Joyce trail entrance.

    I slipped a disc in my back the week before that and I haven't ridden in a month due to fixing this place up so that it's livable and packing/moving from the old apartment. I coud *really* use a newbie pace ride (I'm no record setter to begin with).

    If I can get a day-pass from house stuff, I'd love to join you.

    I rode up Joyce trail a couple onths ago and it's definitely a lung-buster. Is there a less steep way up from the ST side? Maybe I'll start an hour early so I can catch my breath before we get riding as a group.
    #1 WELCOME!

    #2 Sorry about your back. OUCH!

    #3 If you go on Strava, you will find a trail Leopold Porkstacker (Brett) aptly named "Dion's Cholapocalypse" That is a MUCH easier and faster way to get to the SC side. Climb up Bernal Rd. and about 100 yards up look to the left side. You will see a guard rail. Hop over that and take the old pavement road up. Don't hammer up it because I am in the top 10 on this Strava segment and I don't want to be kicked down!!

    Strava Segment | Dion's Cholapocalypse

    I used to call this Apocalypse Rd. (because it's over grown with wild animal turds and it looks like the apocalypse), but then we realized that it passes Muriel Girls Ranch (where the Cholas live - they will shank you)... and my name got thrown in there. So - "Dion's Cholapocalypse"

    It will spit you into the Pueblo Parking area and you can descend Fortini to Harry Rd. Much easier way to get up and over. That Joice Trail is a steep SOB - not a very nice trail considering it seems like it was named after a pre-school teacher. ( I know it was not - I'm just saying!). People spell it on Strava "Joyce" but it's actually "Joice"
    Last edited by Dion; 11-24-2012 at 10:54 AM.

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    Oh, FWIW: I'll be in all-black (I pretty much ONLY wear black) and on a yellow 1986 Rockhopper.

    What do you guys want to do? I know some mentioned climbing RR, but this won't be that kind of ride.

    If climbing RR is a "10" and riding Fortini Trail is a "1" - what level do you guys feel comfortable with?

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    #1 WELCOME!

    #2 Sorry about your back. OUCH!

    #3 If you go on Strava, you will find a trail Leopold Porkstacker (Brett) aptly named "Dion's Cholapocalypse" That is a MUCH easier and faster way to get to the SC side. Climb up Bernal Rd. and about 100 yards up look to the left side. You will see a guard rail. Hop over that and take the old pavement road up. Don't hammer up it because I am in the top 10 on this Strava segment and I don't want to be kicked down!!

    Strava Segment | Dion's Cholapocalypse

    I used to call this Apocalypse Rd. (because it's over grown with wild animal turds and it looks like the apocalypse), but then we realized that it passes Muriel Girls Ranch (where the Cholas live - they will shank you)... and my name got thrown in there. So - "Dion's Cholapocalypse"
    Sounds like they have a good program there:
    - Muriel M. Wright Residential Center for Girls

    Program Overview: The Center is a minimum-security detention and rehabilitation facility that has a privilege-based positive reinforcement program. The goal of the Wright Center program is to help the wards learn personal responsibility by increasing social, academica, and communications kills prior to their release.

  13. #38
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Oh, FWIW: I'll be in all-black (I pretty much ONLY wear black) and on a yellow 1986 Rockhopper.

    What do you guys want to do? I know some mentioned climbing RR, but this won't be that kind of ride.

    If climbing RR is a "10" and riding Fortini Trail is a "1" - what level do you guys feel comfortable with?
    Up Stiles Ranch, down to the restrooms, up the fire road to Coyote Pk, along the ridge and down Rocky Ridge!
    Anyway that's what we're doing this afternoon
    Poaching Demo...that's why we can't have nice things...

  14. #39
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,958
    We (David, Marco, Paul, me) were out there today and the conditions were just about perfect. Plenty of hero dirt still to be enjoyed by the masses.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  15. #40
    Slowest Rider
    Reputation: BigLarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,688
    I'll be riding Santa Teresa tomorrow morning, so you'll run into me for sure (not too hard).

    My slow pace is definitely social. I don't want to slow down the group, which seems to be getting hard core riders. But in the past social rides we scattered all over anyway, coming in different sides and times, getting separated, getting found, leaving when one's done regardless of the group. All fine for this sort of ride.

    We can meet up and ride together sorta. I'm up for anything.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

  16. #41
    Wēk Ss
    Reputation: IAmHolland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,594
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRguy View Post
    I rode up Joyce trail a couple onths ago and it's definitely a lung-buster. Is there a less steep way up from the ST side? Maybe I'll start an hour early so I can catch my breath before we get riding as a group.
    The first part of Joice isn't bad. Turn left onto Norred, before the lungs realize you just sprinted. Take Norred to Mine, left onto Mine and follow it down onto Heaten Moore. Turn right on Heaton Moore, and follow it to Bernal, then turn right onto Bernal and a left back into STCP. Turn right at the first junction, follow that up, look for a paved road on the left. Take the left and follow that up.

    Or you can climb up Bernal, which isn't steep.

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    Oh and I may try my luck at Kennedy again tomorrow-I said it! Kennedy!!!!!!! Or st joes-
    Are you playing in my yard on Sunday ?
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

  18. #43
    Puro Vida!
    Reputation: Nelson34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,296
    Did it rain? We still on yeah?

  19. #44
    Puro Vida!
    Reputation: Nelson34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Are you playing in my yard on Sunday ?
    No didn't make it out yesterday-

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fujiblue1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    223
    Planning to head out here for the first time. Probably won't make it out until noon, coming from Stockton
    What do you guys recommend to get the best experience. I'm the slowest and weakest when it comes to climbing but I'm confident when it comes to technical and fast descend.
    2014 Specialized Enduro S-Works
    2012 Specialized SJ FSR Elite
    2012 DB Scapegoat
    2012 Canfield Yelli Screamy 25.8lbs

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    651
    I was out there Saturday morning.

    I went up norred, Joice, bernal hill, down stiles, out and back to the lake out on almaden expressway. Then back up fortini rest at the picnic area. Then cross the park to the small parking lot then back down bernal, joice and norred.

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    Quote Originally Posted by fujiblue1 View Post
    Planning to head out here for the first time. Probably won't make it out until noon, coming from Stockton
    What do you guys recommend to get the best experience. I'm the slowest and weakest when it comes to climbing but I'm confident when it comes to technical and fast descend.
    Too bad you can't make it with us - today is definitely the "Tour". Be sure to hit up Rocky Ridge, Stile Ranch and Ohlone. On every situation - you will have to climb to get to or to come back from - so just be mentally prepared for climbing.

  23. #48
    Slowest Rider
    Reputation: BigLarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,688
    A bit wet out my door this morning, at the Harry & Camden entrance.

    The mud/clay could be bad right now. Chancy. Hot line says the park is open at 9AM. But that's law of man, not the laws of mud physics.

    I'll see if the sun comes out later today and it drys up a bit.

    Was there ever a start time? Or just catch as can?
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

  24. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    10am! The dampness was just from the fog - there was no rain last night.

  25. #50
    Puro Vida!
    Reputation: Nelson34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,296
    So it is open-dang maybe need to take the Fat Bike?!?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •