Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Crazed Country Rebel

Buy/Sell/Trade/Barter Non Biking Related Services Here!

This is the place for Norcal'ers to post up!

Post the products/services you offer.

Post the type of job you're looking for and/or skills you have.

Post the products/services you need.

This can be anything from home mortgages to general contracting to dog walking etc.

Think of it as Craigslist for the mtbr afflicted.

I will be needing a roof on my house before fall. If anyone wants to take a look and bid on it, send me a PM.

Thanks and good luck!
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

Snowjnky McDreamy
    I like this idea.

I need harwood floors. New and resurfaced. Also minor electrical work. PM me
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    I have a bunch of free stuff. Maybe even carbon fiber

I'll post them later.

You can put biking stuff on this thread if they're free or for trade. Or if you're charging, post a classified ad first then post them here.

fc

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Mmm, carbon fiber or hardwood floors. Tough choice
    How about landscape design and tree services?

I typically do all things myself, but resurfacing floor and establishing new front-yard is something I willing to pay for, if the price is right
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

mtbr member
    I can build someone a pumptrack and/or dirt jumps in their backyard. If you've got the space, but not the time nor the know-how, hit me up.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbiker
    I can build someone a pumptrack and/or dirt jumps in their backyard. If you've got the space, but not the time nor the know-how, hit me up.
    Hmm, let me check with the wife...

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    Hmm, let me check with the wife...
    Oh man, you were supposed to cover that in the prenup!

Snowjnky McDreamy
    We have one halfway done but are in the need of advice and direction. Can you help?
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky
    We have one halfway done but are in the need of advice and direction. Can you help?
    Most definitely.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalk
    Mmm, carbon fiber or hardwood floors. Tough choice
    How about landscape design and tree services?

I typically do all things myself, but resurfacing floor and establishing new front-yard is something I willing to pay for, if the price is right
    From experience, resurfacing is best left to pros.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    I'll be more then happy to dogsit/housesit/fishsit/bikesit for anyone who needs any of those services in return for some money. Bloody internship not paying me enough to survive college.

I can also teach your dog to respond to chinese.......in case anyone wants a bilingual dog or something...

mtbr member
    I recently graduated from SJSU with a degree in Business Management Information Systems. Anyone with information on an entry-level position in project management, software engineering, marketing, or database management please let me know. I prefer to stay in the tech industry.

I have been sending my resume everywhere, but most companies don't seem to be looking for entry level employees.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Way ahead of you. This has been up since 6/11/10.

Pro Wrench. 'Nuf Said, as long as you aren't living within the region I work in so there's no conflict of interests.
    Last edited by Obi; 08-28-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    Have a PowerMac G5 (tower) in excellent condition.

Also have a barely used Toshiba laptop, also in excellent condition.

PM me if interested.
    I still say you should let me pimp that thing like I did to my book.

So I guess I should also say Obi=MacGeek?

We need the house painted in and out. 2 story w/ some cracking stucco. If you do yardwork, or can loan a flatbed so i can pull some stumps, etc, let me know.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Same can be said about tiles, but you haven't seen my work

But anyway, the idea of this thread I guess is to offer work/skills in the professional area.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

But anyway, the idea of this thread I guess is to offer work/skills in the professional area.
    Ohhh, I forgot about that! We need the entry possibly also redone. The cheapo thinset and house settling have ruined it all.

mtbr member

Victor, some day we should compare notes on tile jobs. I just got done doing the whole kitchen, a bathroom, and now I'm into the hallway. Tiling is brutal work, but so rewarding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    Can you teach a dog to shut the door, seriously? We need to teach one of ours that.
    Uhm..I've never tried, but let me get back to you on that once I teach my dogs how to do it on command. (they close and open doors now...but its on their own volition)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm a life insurance professional, but I'm non-commercial (I work for a fraternal company). In other words, I can only solicit to members of the organization I work for. In more other words, I can't sell anything to YOU.

If you have ANY questions about life insurance, annuities or long term care insurance, I'd be more than happy to give you an honest, non-biased opinion. I'm not licensed in securities, so I can't help with that.

It's hard to talk to an agent for advice because agents are commission driven. And most people get their advice from VERY biased talk shows, radio shows, websites, etc. (*cough* *cough* Suze Orman *cough*) which may or may not be entirely accurate or fair. But since I have no sales agenda with MTBR members, I'm free to give you the down and dirty skinny.

If you're contemplating on buying life insurance, an annuity, rollover IRA, or long term care insurance and need a 2nd opinion (other than the agent trying to sell you it), I'd be more than happy to help .

Want to understand term insurance? Whole life? Universal? Variable? 2nd-to-die insurance? Estate planning? IRA's? What insurance ratings mean and how they affect you? I'm pretty well groomed in all that.

Advice is free.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    If there are any RX7 guys on here I have a full Carbon Widebody kit. The only one in the United States was made for me. Includes Front fenders, fender add-ons, side skirts, and rear fender add-on. It is brand new I only had a chance to test fit it before I parted out the car. Also if you need any work done on your Rx-7 I can pretty much take it apart and put it back together. Willing to trade for a mountain or road bike.

Chris

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Tile note #1: Get best saw you can afford
    I just starting in this house (did small bathroom and backsplashes and moving to 250sft kitchen/dining area) but back in days I was tiling kitchen with 16x16 rustic Spain tile (read uneven surface) with hand cutter. That was experience
    Tile note #2: Get nice drawing for your wife. If push come to shovel even not tile related, just so she can approve and not bother you in the process. Hmm, may be it should be note #1.

mtbr member
    Tile note #1: Get best saw you can afford
    I just starting in this house (did small bathroom and backsplashes and moving to 250sft kitchen/dining area) but back in days I was tiling kitchen with 16x16 rustic Spain tile (read uneven surface) with hand cutter. That was experience
    Tile note #2: Get nice drawing for your wife. If push come to shovel even not tile related, just so she can approve and not bother you in the process. Hmm, may be it should be note #1.
    Yea, I got to borrow a wicked water cutting tile saw from my father in law. It can even handle the 20x20's that I threw down in the kitchen. They went down super easy after a few bags of level quick to even out the floor and measuring 5 times before cutting once.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Any plumbers out there? I need a valve installed in the back of my house (in Cupertino) to make a high flow connection to the back yard sprinklers. The original PVC supply line in the yard has sprung a leak somewhere deep underground and needs to be disconnected.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JL de Jong
    Any plumbers out there? I need a valve installed in the back of my house (in Cupertino) to make a high flow connection to the back yard sprinklers. The original PVC supply line in the yard has sprung a leak somewhere deep underground and needs to be disconnected.
    So you don't want to dig the old line up then and you're thinking either a screw/gate or a ball/lever valve, correct? The line, is it pipe or pvc from the edge of the house? Does it go from pipe to pvc?

*I'm not certified anymore but it actually doesn't require a permit unless the city does for such a small fix. Get me a pic of the thing so I can see about it, and I can possibly look at it tomorrow for you after work.

Depending on quality and valve type they range from $20-$75 usually for yard. Pay for the parts and I'll deal on the labor. I also have an old friend who's licensed if you want a referral.
    Last edited by Obi; 08-28-2010 at 08:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    My wife took a position here in RWC and we moved out here from NJ and now that we have gotten a chance to settle, I am looking to get back to work.

By trade I am a financial analyst and business consultant. I have been consulting for the past 5 years doing everything from rolling out new accounting software, to auditing to streamlining processes. Other services I have substantial experience with are A/P and A/R as well as general business consulting.

I have a BS in Finance, a diploma in Network Engineering and Design and I am 5 months from finishing my MBA.

Thanks for the great idea and thread.

Al

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I created the "Feel Good Tracker" iPhone, iPad, iPod touch app to keep track of the activities that I do.

It's in the iPhone store for $1.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/feel-...387106449?mt=8

Silence! I kill you!
    I'm a portrait/wedding photographer in addition to the sports that I do. Always looking for new clients!

Website in sig
    My photography website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

PRETENDURO
    Iíve been unemployed for more than a year. I can do lots of different stuff.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I'm a licensed (in the process of renewing) HVAC contractor. Been in the trade 14yrs. My specialty is anything residential. From system replacements to whole new systems (Gas, electrical, duct installation Furnace and AC). Im in the Santa Cruz area (obviously).

enter and win
    Professional Dog Walker (off leash; dog MUST have good recall). On leash, of course! Central Contra Costa County only.Professional house sitter (references available!) Overnights with your pet, in your home. Also, I can teach your kid to ride a bike! That's not bike related, that's Life Skills...
    I also type about 90 words a minute and am excellent at editing high school and college essays...23 years' experience. Just ask my magna c. laude College Graduate...I'm a notary public.I teach Women's Clinics to all levels of riders. I coach NorCal high school kids DH and gnar singletrack skills. I can help move dirt from place to place for your pumptrack. All this for trade for the stuff around my house that I can't do..fix the doggy door, fix the broken sprinkler head, fix the burner on the stove that refuses to work, you know, man stuff...Thanks!

And I'm an all around good egg. PM me! ~Becky
    Last edited by mtnbecky; 09-05-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    Professional Dog Walker (off leash; dog MUST have good recall). On leash, of course! Central Contra Costa County only.Professional house sitter (references available!) Overnights with your pet, in your home. Also, I can teach your kid to ride a bike! That's not bike related, that's Life Skills...
    I also type about 90 words a minute and am excellent at editing high school and college essays...23 years' experience. Just ask my magna *** laude College Graduate...I'm a notary public.I Women's Clinics to all levels of riders. I coach NorCal high school kids DH and gnar singletrack skills. I can help move dirt from place to place for your pumptrack. All this for trade for the stuff around my house that I can't do..fix the doggy door, fix the broken sprinkler head, fix the burner on the stove that refuses to work, you know, man stuff...Thanks!

And I'm an all around good egg. PM me! ~Becky
    Can you teach Roxie not to jump on Carrie? It's really pissing her off.

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

enter and win
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    Can you teach Roxie not to jump on Carrie? It's really pissing her off.
    whaddya mean? they were just here visiting and Roxie was great! But yes, I can teach YOU how to teach Roxie!

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbecky
    whaddya mean? they were just here visiting and Roxie was great! But yes, I can teach YOU how to teach Roxie!
    The gentle leader definitely calms her down a bit - but once off leash - she's a MONSTER!

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

Pirate!!!

Boat/yacht deliverys

I can move or deliver boats/yachts in the bay area or coastwise. USCG licensed 100ton Master all safety ratings! PM me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Estate Planning Lawyer

I am an attorney. I do estate planning (wills and trusts), probate and estate litigation.

I also prepare Durable Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Care Directives. The Durable Power of Attorney lets someone you trust take care of your finances if you become incapacitated, say from bombing down Cinerella without a helmet and you wind up in a coma. The Advance Health Care Directive tells them when to pull the plug, say if there's no hope of coming out of the coma.

I believe every mountain biker should have a written plan, just in case, and I'll make sure you can afford it. My service to the mountain bike community.

Peter Shelton
    510-394-5483
    California Bar No. 187553
    Berkeley

mtbr member

Smile CA Real Estate Broker Investment Properties Management

Hi mtbr community,

I can rent, lease, manage, buy, sell, your investment properties based in Concord - Oakland - Walnut Creek - Lafayette - Orinda - Pleasant Hill
    Lead actor Will of the Sun, Author Platform Pedal Shootout 820K views

VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
    I'm a licensed architect in California. While most of my experience is with custom single family residences I have done some small commercial jobs. I focus on energy and resource efficient projects from passive solar planning to specifying recycled content countertops.
    I am based in Chico / Grass Valley and can travel.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" our VAR Facebook and VAR Instagram pages.

mtb'er
    I design, sell and build these things:

synthetic lawns:

synthetic putting greens:

basketball courts:

multi-sport courts:

tennis courts:

batting cages:

Bro deals available for fellow MTBR peeps.

www.norcalrhino.com

mtbr member
    I am a licensed mechanical engineer and a licensed HVAC contractor. San Jose Bay Area. Let me know if anyone needs help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Civil Engineer/Construction Manager by day but I guide backcountry snowboard and ski trips in the winter. Tahoe area.

bikerbert

MTB Specific Strength Training Program

INTEGRATE Performance Fitness (Northern California's Best Health Club, Competitor Magazine) is starting our off season cycling specific core strength training program next week. It is a 20 week affair specifically designed to increase power, improve efficiency and speed up recovery.

This is a proven program that we've used for the last five seasons to get people ready to ride/compete in 2011.

We will take people through the following phases to get that done:
    Mobility
    Stability
    Strength
    Power
    Power Endurance

The training sessions will take place from 7-8am on Mon/Wed's here at the studio. Let me know if you are interested, info@integratefitness.com, and I will send over more information.

Mileage Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerbert
    ...spam....
    What part of 'Non Biking' is hard to comrehend?

Snowjnky McDreamy
    Quote Originally Posted by 10kman
    What part of 'Non Biking' is hard to comrehend?
    Mr. Intertube Police,
    I guess you did not see the posts regarding "pump tracks".
    Best regards,
    Snowjnky.
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

mtbr member
    Full machine shop here. billetmetalcraft.com
    I have some slow times when I can fit odd jobs in.
    And if anybody can get me connected with their company, all the better.
    I have been in business for 2 1/2 years myself. Before that I just about ran a machine shop for my old boss for most of the 17 years I worked for him.

Just trying to pay the bills.

A few examples of my work:
    I really want to show off some 3D parts I did for a big bike parts manufacturer, but that would violate the NDA.
    Derailleur hangers for EPX Terrashark.

1st gen Heckler seatstay brace

VW Vanagon thermostat housing

VW Passat trunk badge (Just a project for my car. Can't steal VW's logo.)

Some engraving from today:
    I finally got around to engraving some new business cards. They are anodized aluminum.
    The engraving is shiny so it catches the light.

Messing around with some logos to see what they look like in black aluminum.

Last edited by TheMachinist; 09-30-2010 at 10:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by older and slower
    I am an attorney. I do estate planning (wills and trusts), probate and estate litigation.

I also prepare Durable Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Care Directives. The Durable Power of Attorney lets someone you trust take care of your finances if you become incapacitated, say from bombing down Cinerella without a helmet and you wind up in a coma. The Advance Health Care Directive tells them when to pull the plug, say if there's no hope of coming out of the coma.

I believe every mountain biker should have a written plan, just in case, and I'll make sure you can afford it. My service to the mountain bike community.

Peter Shelton
    510-394-5483
    California Bar No. 187553
    Berkeley
    Check your PM's!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by icantdrive65
    Full machine shop here. billetmetalcraft.com
    I have some slow times when I can fit odd jobs in.
    And if anybody can get me connected with their company, all the better.
    I have been in business for 2 1/2 years myself. Before that I just about ran a machine shop for my old boss for most of the 17 years I worked for him.

Just trying to pay the bills.

A few examples of my work:
    I really want to show off some 3D parts I did for a big bike parts manufacturer, but that would violate the NDA.
    Do you work with Ti? If so, I might be able to get you in with my company. Especially if you're local to the Peninsula.

mtbr member
    Do you work with Ti? If so, I might be able to get you in with my company. Especially if you're local to the Peninsula.
    I have some experience machining titanium. Not a lot of demand for Ti usually, but with the right cutters it is as easy as stainless. I am in Santa Cruz.

mtbr member
    My wife is a loan mortgage officer / broker

Diversified Mortgage Group
    Fremont, Ca.
    510-494-7840 x36

Email: trinna@diversifiedmg.com
    Last edited by jtkkz; 10-06-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Retro on Steroids
    I move pianos in the North Bay Area. Pianos. Not boxes of dishes or bedroom furniture.

My website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider
    I move pianos in the North Bay Area. Pianos. Not boxes of dishes or bedroom furniture.

My father-in-law moves pianos all over from SF to Arizona. He is always getting requests to move other stuff too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast