Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Crazed Country Rebel

Buy/Sell/Trade/Barter Non Biking Related Services Here!

This is the place for Norcal'ers to post up!

Post the products/services you offer.

Post the type of job you're looking for and/or skills you have.

Post the products/services you need.

This can be anything from home mortgages to general contracting to dog walking etc.

Think of it as Craigslist for the mtbr afflicted.

I will be needing a roof on my house before fall. If anyone wants to take a look and bid on it, send me a PM.

Thanks and good luck!
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

Snowjnky McDreamy
    I like this idea.

I need harwood floors. New and resurfaced. Also minor electrical work. PM me
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

Team Chilidog!
    Have a PowerMac G5 (tower) in excellent condition.

Also have a barely used Toshiba laptop, also in excellent condition.

PM me if interested.
    MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

swag ho Administrator
    I have a bunch of free stuff. Maybe even carbon fiber

I'll post them later.

You can put biking stuff on this thread if they're free or for trade. Or if you're charging, post a classified ad first then post them here.

fc

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Mmm, carbon fiber or hardwood floors. Tough choice
    How about landscape design and tree services?

I typically do all things myself, but resurfacing floor and establishing new front-yard is something I willing to pay for, if the price is right
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

mtbr member
    I can build someone a pumptrack and/or dirt jumps in their backyard. If you've got the space, but not the time nor the know-how, hit me up.

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbiker
    I can build someone a pumptrack and/or dirt jumps in their backyard. If you've got the space, but not the time nor the know-how, hit me up.
    Hmm, let me check with the wife...
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Specialized sucks dong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    Hmm, let me check with the wife...
    Oh man, you were supposed to cover that in the prenup!

Snowjnky McDreamy
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbiker
    We have one halfway done but are in the need of advice and direction. Can you help?
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky
    We have one halfway done but are in the need of advice and direction. Can you help?
    Most definitely.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalk
    Mmm, carbon fiber or hardwood floors. Tough choice
    How about landscape design and tree services?

I typically do all things myself, but resurfacing floor and establishing new front-yard is something I willing to pay for, if the price is right
    From experience, resurfacing is best left to pros.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    I'll be more then happy to dogsit/housesit/fishsit/bikesit for anyone who needs any of those services in return for some money. Bloody internship not paying me enough to survive college.

I can also teach your dog to respond to chinese.......in case anyone wants a bilingual dog or something...

mtbr member
    I recently graduated from SJSU with a degree in Business Management Information Systems. Anyone with information on an entry-level position in project management, software engineering, marketing, or database management please let me know. I prefer to stay in the tech industry.

I have been sending my resume everywhere, but most companies don't seem to be looking for entry level employees.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2clueless
    I'll be more then happy to dogsit/housesit/fishsit/bikesit for anyone who needs any of those services in return for some money. Bloody internship not paying me enough to survive college.

I can also teach your dog to respond to chinese.......in case anyone wants a bilingual dog or something...
    Can you teach a dog to shut the door, seriously? We need to teach one of ours that.

Team Chilidog!
    Quote Originally Posted by atothers
    I recently graduated from SJSU with a degree in Business Management Information Systems. Anyone with information on an entry-level position in project management, software engineering, marketing, or database management please let me know. I prefer to stay in the tech industry.

I have been sending my resume everywhere, but most companies don't seem to be looking for entry level employees.
    PM me. I have some leads (not guarantees) for you.

Obi
    mtbr member
    Way ahead of you. This has been up since 6/11/10.

Pro Wrench. 'Nuf Said, as long as you aren't living within the region I work in so there's no conflict of interests.
    Last edited by Obi; 08-28-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

Obi
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    Have a PowerMac G5 (tower) in excellent condition.

Also have a barely used Toshiba laptop, also in excellent condition.

PM me if interested.
    I still say you should let me pimp that thing like I did to my book.

So I guess I should also say Obi=MacGeek?

We need the house painted in and out. 2 story w/ some cracking stucco. If you do yardwork, or can loan a flatbed so i can pull some stumps, etc, let me know.
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Same can be said about tiles, but you haven't seen my work

But anyway, the idea of this thread I guess is to offer work/skills in the professional area.

Obi
    mtbr member

But anyway, the idea of this thread I guess is to offer work/skills in the professional area.
    Ohhh, I forgot about that! We need the entry possibly also redone. The cheapo thinset and house settling have ruined it all.
    Awesome!

mtbr member

Victor, some day we should compare notes on tile jobs. I just got done doing the whole kitchen, a bathroom, and now I'm into the hallway. Tiling is brutal work, but so rewarding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripes
    Can you teach a dog to shut the door, seriously? We need to teach one of ours that.
    Uhm..I've never tried, but let me get back to you on that once I teach my dogs how to do it on command. (they close and open doors now...but its on their own volition)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm a life insurance professional, but I'm non-commercial (I work for a fraternal company). In other words, I can only solicit to members of the organization I work for. In more other words, I can't sell anything to YOU.

If you have ANY questions about life insurance, annuities or long term care insurance, I'd be more than happy to give you an honest, non-biased opinion. I'm not licensed in securities, so I can't help with that.

It's hard to talk to an agent for advice because agents are commission driven. And most people get their advice from VERY biased talk shows, radio shows, websites, etc. (*cough* *cough* Suze Orman *cough*) which may or may not be entirely accurate or fair. But since I have no sales agenda with MTBR members, I'm free to give you the down and dirty skinny.

If you're contemplating on buying life insurance, an annuity, rollover IRA, or long term care insurance and need a 2nd opinion (other than the agent trying to sell you it), I'd be more than happy to help .

Want to understand term insurance? Whole life? Universal? Variable? 2nd-to-die insurance? Estate planning? IRA's? What insurance ratings mean and how they affect you? I'm pretty well groomed in all that.

Advice is free.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    If there are any RX7 guys on here I have a full Carbon Widebody kit. The only one in the United States was made for me. Includes Front fenders, fender add-ons, side skirts, and rear fender add-on. It is brand new I only had a chance to test fit it before I parted out the car. Also if you need any work done on your Rx-7 I can pretty much take it apart and put it back together. Willing to trade for a mountain or road bike.

Chris

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Tile note #1: Get best saw you can afford
    I just starting in this house (did small bathroom and backsplashes and moving to 250sft kitchen/dining area) but back in days I was tiling kitchen with 16x16 rustic Spain tile (read uneven surface) with hand cutter. That was experience
    Tile note #2: Get nice drawing for your wife. If push come to shovel even not tile related, just so she can approve and not bother you in the process. Hmm, may be it should be note #1.

mtbr member
    Tile note #1: Get best saw you can afford
    I just starting in this house (did small bathroom and backsplashes and moving to 250sft kitchen/dining area) but back in days I was tiling kitchen with 16x16 rustic Spain tile (read uneven surface) with hand cutter. That was experience
    Tile note #2: Get nice drawing for your wife. If push come to shovel even not tile related, just so she can approve and not bother you in the process. Hmm, may be it should be note #1.
    Yea, I got to borrow a wicked water cutting tile saw from my father in law. It can even handle the 20x20's that I threw down in the kitchen. They went down super easy after a few bags of level quick to even out the floor and measuring 5 times before cutting once.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast