Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Build New Trail in Downieville and Lakes Basin, Win a $10,000 Santa Cruz Bike

Thanks to the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship and our good friends at Santa Cruz Mountain Bikes, the famed $5 A Foot program is back! This time you get to buy some trail footies and a chance at walking away with a $10,000 build, your choice, from Santa Cruz. Lots of new trail this year and some exciting new projects happening. So it's a win either way, buy some trail, and maybe walk away with a sweet new ride.

Ronski

Click here to buy your trail footies:
    Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship

Build New Trail in Downieville and Lakes Basin, Win a ,000 Santa Cruz Bike-image.jpg

Zach Attack
    Killer new trails AND a chance to win a SC??? Wow! You guys rock!
    Learn to love it[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    www.foresttrailsalliance.org

mtbr member
    I am so jealous you can build there that i bought 10 feet...super cool
    life is steeper than it looks

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Sweet! No better riding I've experienced than the Downieville area. Just curious, why the cost of $5 a foot? Is is volunteer labor or paid? Does this fund also go towards maintaining the trail for the foreseeable future? I'm somewhat familiar with the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship organization, so I'm fairly confident these great folks are using the funds in a responsible manner, I'm just curious about how many shovels they need to buy with the cost of $26,400/mile.

Edit: Just found the "Read more" link. Things are much better cleared up now. Eight more feet of trail coming your way SBTS!

mtbr member
    It's a catch phrase for donations. I think you're reading too much into it.

Great group, though every one of you who enters reduces my chances of winning.

Enter anyway! I want more trails to ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by p2rider426 View Post
    just curious about how many shovels they need to buy with the cost of $26,400/mile.
    Shovels are cheap, I went to one of their workdays a couple years ago and those guys consume $26k of beer per mile of trail constructed.

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone and thank you Santa Cruz Bikes!! For the curious there is a lot more information about the $5 A Foot campaign here:

Everybody Wins! | Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Just finished an updated $5 a foot video for a little stoke...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brad h View Post
    Shovels are cheap, I went to one of their workdays a couple years ago and those guys consume $26k of beer per mile of trail constructed.
    Sounds entirely reasonable, trail building is thirsty work!
    Ridin' & Diggin'

mtbr member
    I purchased some trail, be sure to make it nice and smooth as I don't want to become a human bike pretzel again!
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Speaking of Downieville, anybody know when the shuttle will start running this year?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Bump!

And tahoeyeti, they don't know yet, especially since they're getting a good snow dump right now. A guy I talked to managed to make it up Butcher last weekend all the way to where it turns from singletrack to 4x4, but he said he did a lot of walking through snow for the last 1/2 mile, and there's still quite a distance up the 4x4 road to get to the start road below Sunrise - let alone the north-facing steep hills for the last bit of the shuttle road.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I heard May 15th.

swag ho Administrator
    Ok, here we go. It's time to step up and contribute to the trails we love.

End Date:
    Winner is chosen at random on June 3rd at 12:00PM PST and announced soon after.

Look at that cool growler!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Build New Trail in Downieville and Lakes Basin, Win a ,000 Santa Cruz Bike-10390339_10152169828918226_7859762557530816824_n.jpg  

IPA will save America

swag ho Administrator
    IPA will save America

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005
    Final week, folks! Time is running out to fund a few feet of killer singletrack and get a chance to win a decked out new Santa Cruz. Thanks for all the help so far! https://org.salsalabs.com/o/2151/p/s..._page_KEY=8915
    hold my beer...

I've never had a Pliny
    Done. After riding Sunrise trail at the top of Downieville on Sunday, I vowed that I would add to my donation. That is one sweet piece of work.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Every time I give them money, and not a single bike won. I call shenanigans.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Singletrack Solution

Build New Trail in Downieville and Lakes Basin, Win a ,000 Santa Cruz Bike-13222570784_5a51f0ddea_b.jpg
    First off, a big thank you to the mtbr community- for your continued support of the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship and for enjoying the trails we are lucky enough to build and maintain.

In the past, we've been able to key into federal, state and county grants to build trail and to create local employment, however that money is gone. The 5 Bucks a Foot campaigns, along with our signature events like the Downieville Classic and Lost & Found, represent a new and innovative way of doing business for us and we need your help to make it a success.

This is our 5th campaign and we have some fairly ambitious trail building goals tied to it: finishing Corral Trail in S Lake Tahoe, continuing work on the Boca & Loyalton Trail connecting the Sierra Valley to Truckee and Reno, and also continuing to build out the Mount Hough/South Park Trail System in Quincy, which once complete will feature over 55 miles of singletrack and 3 big mountain descents over 3,500'.

Ambitious yes, but not impossible with your help. Buy some feet of trail, come dig with us and enjoy some of the finest new singletrack the Sierra has to offer. You'll be glad you did.
    Build New Trail in Downieville and Lakes Basin, Win a ,000 Santa Cruz Bike-13391385713_0f0567dc98_c.jpg

MarkyMark
    In for 10ft!

swag ho Administrator
    There's 3 hours left to enter until the 8pm deadline.

Winner will be announced at noon, June 3.

Winner gets to configure any bike and take it home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Build New Trail in Downieville and Lakes Basin, Win a ,000 Santa Cruz Bike-screen-shot-2014-06-01-5.04.17-pm.jpg  

IPA will save America

swag ho Administrator
    Fundraising is done! The money raised is significant. Winner will be announced at noon today.

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Fundraising is done! The money raised is significant. Winner will be announced at noon today.

fc
    Any news on who won?

mtbr member

Build New Trail in Downieville and Lakes Basin, Win a $10,000 Santa Cruz Bike

Ridin' & Diggin'

mtbr member

And the Winner Is.....

Sorry for not posting this sooner. Melinder and Ronski took off for 5 weeks of mountain biking in Spain, heh heh, and didn't get this posted on time... So, thanks for all the support for our trail building efforts! Click the link below for more details on the fund raising effort. Thank you also Santa Cruz Bicycles for making this happen, and to MTBR for help spreading the message.

The Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship’s $5 a Foot campaign raised $48,500 that will be fed directly into trail building efforts, and Damian H. of San Carlos California, won himself a brand new Santa Cruz bike of his choosing.

Nine thousand, Seven Hundred Feet of Trail! | Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast