mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Briones Tomorrow?

Tomorrow is my window this week for a good long ride... I was thinking about Briones because it's fairly close to where I live, and might be a nice mix up to my normal East Bay fire road rides. Anyone ride up there in the last couple days? I'm hoping it's not too sloppy after all the rain.

Anyone like any trails in particular up there? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I would guess that it would need another day or two .The ridges dry out faster that the valleys and any place shaded .

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    That's kinda what I was thinking too, another couple days. Was hoping someone rode there today and could confirm. Oh well, maybe I just chalk tomorrow up as a fitness day and stick to the fire roads in the open space.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Lime is good right now. Briones needs a couple more days.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I've only done Lime a few times - the best of it seems to be by the golf course - what's your favorite trail/fire road there?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I rode Briones this morning and Wed. morning. Better than I though it would be but I rode a limited area on the Martinez side, did not head over on the crest towards Lafayette where it is likely very soft in a few spots.
    Romani ite domum

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    In Briones I'd stay away from anything down low and/or not exposed. The upper ridges are likely ok, might check them out this afternoon when the fog burns off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Thanks for the info! I ended up riding Lime Ridge - not the most exciting ride, but I need the fitness anyway, so some good climbs there. The trails were in good shape today, not too slimy or goopy, but not scorched earth like they are in the summer. East Bay clay tends to get pretty sticky when wet, but it was just dry enough today to not pack up too bad. I poked over into the grazing area on Parasio trail - everything over there was really rough, lots of cows there still and their presence is felt on the trails. But, the non-grazing areas were good. There has definitely been some bike traffic through there in the last few days; lots of tracks, and lots of folks poaching singletrack.