mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Bogg's Night Jib...

Just finished a trial night jib on Boggs with the new lights... I must say, I haven't ridden at night since 2000, and asking myself why I waited so long... ... So if anyone is up for joining on a night ride now and then, let me know, nothing insane, just average pace 12-15 mile rides. Sure beats sitting at home all winter from 5:30 on thinking about riding

Mike

Pirate!!!
    Hey mike, a little off topic but you have me thinking about average pace. What are folks "average pace" when riding in Boggs? I think if I'm by myself and feelin good I can keep about 9.0mph avg. But probably about 6.0mph when with my buddies. I'm sure that this pace varies location to location, for example I'm sure my pace on Oathill is quite a bit slower.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I LOVE night rides! It's practically all I did over the summer with my schedule and the heatwaves.

I might be down for boggs if the timing's right. I need to do some more bay area rides.

ballbuster
    Speaking of Boggs, anybody heard a peep out of UncleMTB, Tim recently?

mtbr member
    I have Tim's coffee cup that I have been saving to return to him from since MBTB on Memorial Day Weekend!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

for what its worth ;)

lassier.... sweet... I'll post up whenever were heading out, and see if it fits your schedule ..

Captain... I think your spot on, seems when in a group the average is anywhere from 6-7 with lots of stops , and when solo riding 8-9, depending on trails chosen and just how hard want to push.. although last night my solo average was 7, rode very mellow in the flats and downhills, didnt want my GF to have to deal with rescue or hospital issues, being she was studying for a RN Final ... Here's last nights solo, the last group ride and my best solo average data:

Mind you I'm borderline clydesdale class, 5'8" tall and 190 lbs, probably 235lbs w/ gear and bike, so I climb slow and mythodical

Night Solo
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/59101847

Last Group Ride (5 riders, technical issues galore..)
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/58273200

Solo Grizzly Loop
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41108660

I like mtn biking, too
    Woah, 9mph average? Mine is 5-7 mph there.
    Never use your face as a brake pad.
    -Jake Watson

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shredchic
    Woah, 9mph average? Mine is 5-7 mph there.
    Hah!! well that is my best avg. Typicaly I think 7mph is more realistic --shifter thanks for posting you gps data, I'll try again for Sunday. Ill be out Friday and sat. Morning for sure.

mtbr member
    I'm going to ride Boggs Saturday who's up to hook up and do some riding ?

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoffroad
    I'm going to ride Boggs Saturday who's up to hook up and do some riding ?
    I'll be riding sat. Morning also, but I don't know what time. Look for me on the XL Gary fisher 29er and the double cab tundra.

Pirate!!!
    My riding partner and I did a killer ride today, through Boggs down in to Harbin hot springs to Middletown and back up Hwy 175 it was an asskicker. Here is pics of a rad old bulldozer we saw along the way,. Oh and no naked people
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bogg's Night Jib...-adians-pics-june-2010-017-small-.jpg  

Bogg's Night Jib...-adians-pics-june-2010-018-small-.jpg