mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Bike Commute Help ( San Ramon to Redwood City)

Hey Gals and Guys,

I am looking for any information on routes or parts of routes that can get me from San Ramon to Redwood City. I am mostly looking for fast routes through Hayward down to the Dumbarton bridge as it looks like it is going to be stop light hell.

I am thinking of catching BART before commute hours from Dublin to Castro Valley, or on my weak days Union City until I can power the whole ride without it taking all day.

Any tips, advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh yeah this is of course to get me in shape so I can MTB better on the weekends!

Thanks
    -bret

Paper or plastic?
    I'm ballparking UC to Redwood City at 20 miles. Do you really want to do more mileage?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    20 miles is pretty far to bike commute... both ways is 40 miles per day...pretty good
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Yeah I did recon ride today as we had family stuff over the bay so the wife met me there.

Bike Ride Profile | Ride to Work Recon Ride. near San Ramon | Times and Records | Strava

I took a few wrong turns and stopped to help a lady that was having chain problems (karma points!!)

The ride back is going to be much harder than the ride there. I am thinking to start small the ride the BART to / from Union City for the first week and once I get that down do Castro valley in the morning.

Anyone Bike Commute on Mission Blvd or Decoto? Those would clearly be faster options but I assume traffic during commute hours is pretty dicey. I may give it a try once just judge.

And the road in that leads up to the dumbarton bike lane is the total suck... it needs to be repaved like yesterday ! :-)

Resident Curmudgeon
    Mission through Hayward sucks big time right now with the construction from Foothill down to Tennyson
    Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive